X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZehMatt View Post
    You could check the loaded modules.
    Yeah just checked, it worked.

I was able to load a demo but not a copy of my own game, it simply crashed, I guess i'll wait for it to be finished.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaLocker View Post
      Im really passionate and glad that Epic have done such a great job with UE4. Unfortunately, I am forced to use other engines as the C++ documentation is lacking, and with every release ( and surprisingly often releases at that) the documentation becomes even more unreliable and out dated. You guys have added the pains of uscript scripting back into UE4 by not having a reliable source of documentation for C++ function and features.

Are the any plans to have a definitive and precise source of C++ documentation and functionality that isnt a rip from whatever project Rama is working on at the time...? (thanks btw Rama).

Right now im begrudgingly resorting to Unity.
      As a pretty decent programmer who hasn't worked with C++ before, so far I'm finding UE4 great to work with. The few times I can't find what I need in the documentation, a quick search in GitHub of the Unreal Engine source code either gives me examples from within the engine itself, or some context based on how the function is implemented. I don't think your issue is the documentation.
      CrashGame (Working title for my survival/exploration game) - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by MediaLocker View Post
        Im really passionate and glad that Epic have done such a great job with UE4. Unfortunately, I am forced to use other engines as the C++ documentation is lacking, and with every release ( and surprisingly often releases at that) the documentation becomes even more unreliable and out dated. You guys have added the pains of uscript scripting back into UE4 by not having a reliable source of documentation for C++ function and features.

Are the any plans to have a definitive and precise source of C++ documentation and functionality that isnt a rip from whatever project Rama is working on at the time...? (thanks btw Rama).

Right now im begrudgingly resorting to Unity.
        I second that, I also got the feeling the C++ documentation is lacking in some areas (especially compared to Blueprints). It happened to me on several occasions now that I wanted to know what purpose a class had, advice on how to use it (best practices) or the like and the documentation did not tell me anything about it. No description at all, not a single sentence.

I would really appreciate an improved C++ documentation as well.
        Last edited by zaha; 08-02-2015, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Hey Epic, will there be an Online Splitscreen Feature? Pleeeeease
          We┬┤re fighting through to build a Online Splitscreen in 4.8 but its still buggy

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...litscreen.html
          Last edited by Gazu; 08-02-2015, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zaha View Post
            I second that, I also got the feeling the C++ documentation is lacking in some areas (especially compared to Blueprints). It happened to me on several occasions now that I wanted to know what purpose a class had, advice on how to use it (best practices) or the like and the documentation did not tell me anything about it. No description at all, not a single sentence.

I would really appreciate an improved C++ documentation as well.
            I would also like to say that sometimes I feel the lack of a complete overview on the overall structure/design, I mean I could just dig into the code and try to understand all day what calls do what but this could be simplified into a diagram or something that explains the exact order of whats happening inside the engine. Otherwise things will just turn out as trial and error and that quite too often for my taste.

So yea a better documentation and not just function documentation.

Comment

Sound Quality Levels give sound designers the ability to manage audio memory usage and some performance
              Asynchronous Real-time Audio Decompression available on supported platforms
              You can now define your own custom curve for attenuating sounds rather than simply being limited to the built in algorithms
              great to see audio finally getting some attention
              thanks
              tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
              Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
              PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

ive been using it on windows 10 pro 64 bit just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Samthesavage45 View Post
                  ive been using it on windows 10 pro 64 bit just fine.
                  I've been using UE4 on Windows 10 for the past 6 or so months (Whenever the technical preview was released) without any problems.
                  KITATUS
                  "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

So what happens after 4.9? does Unreal Engine 4.9 become Unreal Engine 5? I'm always curious about how this stuff affects branding and what turnarounds are used lol
                    Available for Freelance (Concept Art/Illustration) - Visit my Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by MezioPleo View Post
                      So what happens after 4.9? does Unreal Engine 4.9 become Unreal Engine 5? I'm always curious about how this stuff affects branding and what turnarounds are used lol

4.9 become 4.10 then 4.11,4.12.....

Comment

Not 5, it will be 4.10

Comment

maybe bug or not(don't use in 4.8), but in 4.9 don't work or maybe i do something wrong?

I want to that my character move to specific point but nothing happen whet i use simple move to.....

also in 4.9 bp editor in play mode after some cast nodes(begin overlap event(from collider box)->cast to characterBP->"and in this white line i don't see my cast animation to next node"->some node) i don't see animation on success cast(red bolls animation that play over white line) first i even think that my cast don't work and I get fail.... but when i connect print node it work(even without animations in BP editor)

Comment

VR Updates:
                            Motion Controller devices like the Vive SteamVR Controller, the Sony Move, and others will now all be available through a common interface
                            Does it include Sixense Hydra and STEM ? The are supposed being doing an official plugin, but still no news on that since more than a year.
                            Fortunatly, Getnamo did a fantastic job by himself, but maybe someday he wont be able to deliver support anymore, who knows.

Comment

When a stable release of 4.9 comes out, is it possible to "update" 4.8.3 to 4.9 instead of having to download the entire 5gb package? I'm currently limited to hotspot with a data limit for 9 months :/

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                                So, a few things I noticed in 4.9:

Seems to have no impact in the game.
                                Same here.

Comment

Working...
                                X