Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope I see DX12 in the Final release the new patch notes are epic as well!

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
      This is the wrong place to post this; You're better off posting in a new thread in the Blueprints section.

However, When I get a moment, I'll have a go at making an example for you :>
      Oh ok, sorry about that. and thank you so much if you can help me with it, it's been a major roadblock for me. I can make a thread in the Blueprints section.

Comment

But what about paper2D any plans to improve more on 2D games using unreal?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
          You can see them demoed in this test scene from the Engine Features Preview from a couple of weeks ago.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...view-7-10-2015
          Oh I hadn't seen that thread. Those shadows look fantastic

Comment

So 4.10 then for non-experimental DX12 support, and by then we should have the RTM build for the Oculus drivers, and hopefully Windows 10 will have native support by then.
            WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
            World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
            WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
              So 4.10 then for non-experimental DX12 support, and by then we should have the RTM build for the Oculus drivers, and hopefully Windows 10 will have native support by then.
              It would be nice if this were true, but EPIC hasn't said this for sure. It may mostly work in this release, I haven't tested it yet, but if it doesn't, it may take much longer than that to make it work. It will depend on if they have to make major changes and how many.

Comment

Going from 4.8.3 to 4.9 (preview) I can no longer build android projects it give crashes each time.

Code:
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 17.9120258s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=3MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Cook failed.
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Stacktrace:    at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)):    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)):    at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild()
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)):    at BuildCommand.Execute()
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)):    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)):    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)):    at AutomationTool.Program.Main()InnerException in AutomationUtils.Automation: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for C:\Users\KillerSneak\Documents\Unreal Projects\Balloony PoP Revised 4.9\BalloonyPoPRevised.uproject; see log C:\Users\KillerSneak\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\D+Epic+Games+4.9\Cook-2015.08.01-12.44.55.txt
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Stacktrace:    at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunCommandlet(String ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String Commandlet, String 
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Parameters)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)):    at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.CookCommandlet(String ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String[] Maps, String[] Dirs, String InternationalizationPreset, String[] Cultures, String TargetPlatform, String Parameters)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)):    at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_UnknownCookFailure
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Domain_ProcessExit
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): copying UAT log files...
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): BUILD FAILED
                PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure
                That's all I get no relevant info at all
                Last edited by KillerSneak; 08-01-2015, 06:45 AM.
                Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
                Fishy Blub Blub
                get it on Google Play

Comment

I was also getting a driver crash when trying to launch with -D3D12. I applied the following commit: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...dcf73c50e398d5 and now I can actually launch and use the editor in DX12, but still doesn't look completely right, everything is overly bright, but based on that, D3D12 should work in experimental form for preview 2
                  NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                  Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

dx12 in editor didnt want to work properly on mine right away either i just updated the gpu driver to the newest windows 10 and made sure to restart and works fine now, and since i tested this on a surface pro 2 its funny to see a few things actually being able to be playable in the editor that wernt when using dx11 haha, still has along way to go, if you do not clean install the gpu driver however you will get alot of gpu particles and stuff on the screen almost like a old VHS video that's been damanged, But i cannot wait until dx12 exporting is avaible <3 thats the dream.

Comment

dx12 was poorly code into 4.9 i hope it get's better

Comment

Im really passionate and glad that Epic have done such a great job with UE4. Unfortunately, I am forced to use other engines as the C++ documentation is lacking, and with every release ( and surprisingly often releases at that) the documentation becomes even more unreliable and out dated. You guys have added the pains of uscript scripting back into UE4 by not having a reliable source of documentation for C++ function and features.

Are the any plans to have a definitive and precise source of C++ documentation and functionality that isnt a rip from whatever project Rama is working on at the time...? (thanks btw Rama).

Right now im begrudgingly resorting to Unity.

Comment

Unfortunately, I am forced to use other engines as the C++ documentation is lacking
                          I belive that issue is not in documentation. I have never used C++ before, I was working with UnrealScript only (which is btw very well documented), then without any knowledge of C++ I jumped into programming in UE4. It took me one week to understand basics of C++ features and UE4 API and since that time I opened documentation maybe 3 or 4 times, I have coded most of my game mechanics from scratch... Everything is in source or content examples and things which are not there are at answer hub or forum Give it a try
                          Last edited by nonder; 08-01-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I just ran the engine with -d3d12 how do I check if i'm really running directx12?

Comment

You could check the loaded modules.

Comment

because it doesnt start at all when using that target command without dx12, but yes like the above comment that should tell u

Comment

Working...
                                X