• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Please FIx this ASAP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    these resources are beautiful, unfortunately when I attempt to add them to a project nothing happens. are they not compatible with the current version of unreal?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This was great. Any plants to add the Swedish apartment from the video comparing an Octane render to the same scene done in UE4? http://vimeo.com/93246664

Leave a comment:

• replied
    QQ:

Per Pixel Mask computation vs Material Elements

The Sci-Fi hallway uses a few master materials of varying styles most of which use RGB Masks, which require an entire new Texture with RGB Channels free,
    Is it not cheaper to use separate material elements on objects and craft instances that are defined as material types ( Copper, Steel, Rubber, Plastic ) and use those in each element

At what point does the cost switch sides?

e.g. 10 elements costs the same as a 2k mask or something

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi.
    mr disting or others how you created the materials of scene?

all materials of meshes are with one material?

because i saw in your project more material instance and was about one material(with nodes) in project!

should i create a material and create other materials with it in Ins?

please say me a good workflow for creating best materials in scene!

thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I noticed the reflection issue too. See my post above. Just reduce the influence of the reflection actors and you'll have a more accurate reflection.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice work! However, I notice the reflections of the ceiling lights in the window and on the doors are 90 degrees to the actual lights.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WarrenM View Post
    User content doesn't undergo the same testing regimen as content created internally so we didn't do a full performance pass on this scene before sharing it with the community. The plan is to take a look at it and release a more optimized version in a future release.
    Ah ok I see thanks Warren.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi.
    i have unreal engine 4.1 version.
    when download and open project(Sci-Fi Hallway) i see this error:

../../../../SciFi Hallway 4.1/Content/Maps/MainMap.umap is a future UE4 map file [Cur:352], from an engine release newer than this [Max:348]!
    why i see this error?

should i download 4.1.1 version?

in #8 post of this topic i saw that this project saved with 4.1 version!
    why i see it?
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I finding it quite strange that I can handle the Elemental Demo over 30fps but the Sci-Fi Hallway can barely run 20fps, is there something I am missing here because for me the Elemental Demo has a lot more stuff going on then the small Hallway room.
    User content doesn't undergo the same testing regimen as content created internally so we didn't do a full performance pass on this scene before sharing it with the community. The plan is to take a look at it and release a more optimized version in a future release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
    Say you have Static mesh A which is 1000 tris, and it's a crate. In the Tris column, it will list the tri count for each individual mesh, so Static Mesh A will have 1000 as the value. (The value of one of them). Say you have 5 of those crates dispersed around your map though, under Sum Tris you will see 5000 tris as the value, which is representative of the total number of Static Mesh A within that scene. Hope that clears it up.
    Thank you. This would be similar to instancing in 3ds Max.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I finding it quite strange that I can handle the Elemental Demo over 30fps but the Sci-Fi Hallway can barely run 20fps, is there something I am missing here because for me the Elemental Demo has a lot more stuff going on then the small Hallway room.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Say you have Static mesh A which is 1000 tris, and it's a crate. In the Tris column, it will list the tri count for each individual mesh, so Static Mesh A will have 1000 as the value. (The value of one of them). Say you have 5 of those crates dispersed around your map though, under Sum Tris you will see 5000 tris as the value, which is representative of the total number of Static Mesh A within that scene. Hope that clears it up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
    Sorry I'm not on my comp that has the program at the moment, if I'm not mistaken its under Window > Statistics then you click the dropdown and choose primitive stats. It should show you the polycount there, total as well as individual.
    Thanks for that.

For anyone wondering, the total Tris are 176,499 and the Sum Tris (not sure what that means) is listed at 622,248. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two? I searched the wiki to no avail.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry I'm not on my comp that has the program at the moment, if I'm not mistaken its under Window > Statistics then you click the dropdown and choose primitive stats. It should show you the polycount there, total as well as individual.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X