New Release on Marketplace: Sci-Fi Hallway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Disting View Post
    Thanks Luos! But just FYI - that's not a fan. It's a helicopter!
    Clearly a feature and not a bug.

Proposed solution: Rename project "Mini-Helicopter Office"
    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
      I can not download it.
      i have a "Subscribe to download" button, but my account is active
      You may have to close and reopen the launcher after updating.
      Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
      Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

As you guys are in the closed beta for quixel suite, can you give a more precise ETA than "within a month or two"?

Comment

Ditto for being unable to download this, i get the subscribe to download button.
          *I got it by launching the engine, closing the launcher...then selecting marketplace from the engine launch window*
          Last edited by jldevoy; 05-09-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jldevoy View Post
            Ditto for being unable to download this, i get the subscribe to download button.
            *I got it by launching the engine, closing the launcher...then selecting marketplace from the engine launch window*
            Just want to say, had the same problem, this fixed it.
            Fully dynamic Time of Day System blueprint: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-of-Day-Setup Download it for free now!

Comment

Worked like a charm. thanks!

Comment

Secret weapon fan
                | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Also had the same problem. Jldevoy's way fixed it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                    Is this similar to other content on the marketplace where you can use materials/textures in commercial projects? Or is this one different?
                    I would like to know this as well. Are we allowed to use the assets in our own projects?

Thanks

P.S. - Great work!

Gamer3000 - "Female game developers rock!"
                    Gamer3000 - "Female game developers rock!"

Comment

Out of curiosity, did you use sculpting for any asset in this scene?

Comment

I think he used NDO for most things if not all.

You can check some of the workflow here: http://www.twitch.tv/disting_/b/516146285 (NDO is near the end)
                        Last edited by -FP; 05-10-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

From an art perspective its an outstanding environment.

Whilst I have dDo, however, it can be annoying to learn as their tutorials are based on the idea people have used it before, not that they're an absoute beginner.
                          CEO, Sr. Product Design Engineer - Rushboard Technologies | http://www.rushboardtech.com

Comment

@WarrenM - Looks great but i have a question on the integration with UE4 - Is it full integration meaning you can see and change parameters of the textures and materials within UE4 or is it just the same pipeline as before where you just bake out makes then import them into UE4?

I understand photoshop is used to create the textures and adjust variable via actions and layer sets but from what i saw of the Cry Engine integration you can actually adjust parameters of the textures created by Quixel Suit within the engine.

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Originally posted by CharlestonS View Post
                              @WarrenM - Looks great but i have a question on the integration with UE4 - Is it full integration meaning you can see and change parameters of the textures and materials within UE4 or is it just the same pipeline as before where you just bake out makes then import them into UE4?

I understand photoshop is used to create the textures and adjust variable via actions and layer sets but from what i saw of the Cry Engine integration you can actually adjust parameters of the textures created by Quixel Suit within the engine.
                              Right now, you create the textures outside of UE4 using Photoshop and the Quixel SUITE and then import them - same as before.

We're talking with Quixel about a possible plugin for UE4 but that's not on the horizon anytime soon.

You can get more realtime control of textures and materials by using something like Substance, which does have a working plugin for UE4.

Comment

Suddenly, the editor started doing this:

And it doesn't stop.
                                Restarting the editor or my computer doesn't make it stop either.

Edit: Appearantly restarting the editor 5 more times makes it stop. Derp
                                Last edited by Zeblote; 05-11-2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X