No announcement yet.

Announcing Section 6 of Survival Game - Adding some polish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While not "Strictly" C++...I just had to give the zombie material an upgrade for the project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	604a45f5f29c152b77c99f8d13d2b4e9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	749.7 KB
ID:	1079970

Name:	ec243ae4938bfacaf4ece3e57dd01f4e.jpg
Size:	906.3 KB
ID:	1079971
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
      While not "Strictly" C++...I just had to give the zombie material an upgrade for the project.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43907[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43908[/ATTACH]

Although not to be C++, this work with oxidized materials are awesome. Excited to study it

Comment

Looks like there are some problems:
        A. When crouch in the air, the camera have a bad smooth.
        B. When crouch looking to the ground the camera have another bug with the smooth
        C. (Problem in the engine 4.8) The navmesh don't work at play time if rebuild in the 4.8 in the default map + need change the size because the zombies don't cross the door of the house in the default map.
        Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
        Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

"The Attack of the Robot Zombies!" I only can see that phrase when I saw the pictures jajajaja. I really loved this tutorial and i'm a bit sad to see is close to his end. I hope you make another one with another game genre someday

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
            Looks like there are some problems:
            A. When crouch in the air, the camera have a bad smooth.
            B. When crouch looking to the ground the camera have another bug with the smooth
            C. (Problem in the engine 4.8) The navmesh don't work at play time if rebuild in the 4.8 in the default map + need change the size because the zombies don't cross the door of the house in the default map.
            Thanks I added these to the Trello. The door width is a known issue, I'll have to see how I can best fix that to it works on all maps.

Originally posted by NightmareSystem View Post
            "The Attack of the Robot Zombies!" I only can see that phrase when I saw the pictures jajajaja. I really loved this tutorial and i'm a bit sad to see is close to his end. I hope you make another one with another game genre someday
            I hope so too!
            Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Comment

Building a new coop level to match the intention of this series...open world. It's built to run the coop gamemode with day/night cycle that grant score rewards etc. If you wish to simply go free for all open world w/o scoring, an open world gamemode class is available too.

Early shot:

Name:	section6_cooplandscape_03_l.jpg
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	1080029
              Attached Files

Comment

The 4.8 character is coming to GitHub soon! Working on the updated animation blueprint.

Name:	section6_newcharacter01.png
Size:	767.0 KB
ID:	1080403

Comment

Looks great Tom!, with this final work, I have not doubt that your samples project will be 'AAA SurvivalGame Sample'. Only one question, Where can we ask the new doubts, once you have finished your project ?. Great work along those 6 sections.

Comment

Good news, thank Tom!
                    Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
                      Building a new coop level to match the intention of this series...open world. It's built to run the coop gamemode with day/night cycle that grant score rewards etc. If you wish to simply go free for all open world w/o scoring, an open world gamemode class is available too.
                      This is one of the best sample games ever made! Now that you are so far already it would be a shame not to add more stuff . How about a few weeks brake and then add ~50 players support and persistence ? (DayZ Epoch style) I'm sure there are a lot of devs out there wondering how the best approach would be on doing this!
                      Embrace the challenge, you can do it! Please!

Comment

Thanks IceDealer! Perhaps I'll get to do that some day, I'll be working on completely news things in the foreseeable future though.

The docs for Section 6 are up! https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Surviv...ame:_Section_6

And so is the source on GitHub..!

Comment

I never thought the default hi-res models could look so sexy... Dang!

Comment

Thank Tom, i'm glad Section 6 is here!

I just started making my first prototype game based on your stuff but will not be a zombie survival game, i want to use your resources because contains a lot of good stuff and concept usable for a large kind of games and this is awesome
                            Last edited by ZioYuri78; 06-27-2015, 04:35 AM.
                            Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

Thanks Tom, huge learing resource here. Really happy to studying it. Cheers from Argentina
                              pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

This last part is a bit more disappointing as there's not real headlight to read and I'm too lazy to check out source code.
                                But thank you for this excellent tutorial serie! It will probably help kickstart a lot of projects

Comment

Working...
                                X