No announcement yet.

Announcing Section 6 of Survival Game - Adding some polish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LEARNING RESOURCE] Announcing Section 6 of Survival Game - Adding some polish

Hi everyone!

In the sixth and for now final section of the series we'll apply a coat of polish to the game.
    This includes things like additional sound effects for the zombie, improvements to the AI behavior and fixing the bugs reported by the community!
    I'll be working on improving the layout of some of the classes so you can more easily set up your own game rules or go completely open world.

UPDATE: Section 6 docs now available!

Visit Project Page to get started!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Section6_coopoverview.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	434.3 KB
ID:	1154405

Name:	Section6_zombieattacking01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	1154407

As always you can follow along with the latest source through GitHub!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tom Looman; 06-26-2015, 07:41 AM.
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

I've been looking into the kite demo assets too, with 6.4GB it's a *bit* heavy to put up on repo. Here are some quick 'n dirty local experiments with a grass material and some of the kite assets.

Name:	landscape_demo01.jpg
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1079571

Name:	landscape_demo02.jpg
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	1079572

And finally the same scene with only grass applied to the landscape and a few assets placed in the foreground. Getting to know the landscape tools myself for the first time, and 4.8 brings some additional awesome features! (Note that Survival is still running on 4.7.X at this time)

Name:	landscape_update01_small.jpg
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	1079573
    Last edited by Tom Looman; 06-09-2015, 01:03 AM.
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Looks good that map
      Last section
      Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
      Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

This great map will be the colophon to this fantastic SurvivalGame Series. Will there many changes on source code working on 4.8 with respect to 4.7?. Great work on this last section again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
          I'll have more info on where we will take this project later this week!
          You are doing a great work! I hope to see another serie of your tutorials.

Comment

amazing map

Comment

Hey guys! Yes I am working on upgrading the project to 4.8 as we speak. Should be up on Github later today.

Comment

Very cool, thank you so much for doing this!

Comment

too bad this is the last section..You were my only learning resource! I thank you again for helping out thousands of people who are a bit puzzled, just like me!

Comment

Originally posted by LanceJZ View Post
                    Very cool, thank you so much for doing this!
                    Originally posted by NTKRNL View Post
                    too bad this is the last section..You were my only learning resource! I thank you again for helping out thousands of people who are a bit puzzled, just like me!
                    You guys are very welcome!

Comment

Thanks a ton Tom. Hope to see you doing more projects here. Really enjoyed watching this project evolve. If you ever happen to add any more features a lobby and an inventory would have been nice for this type of game.
                      Last edited by retired; 06-13-2015, 06:29 PM.

Comment

With 4.8 support now included I started to upgrade the zombies...

Name:	872712c83a536ceca270b2332c6a37bf.jpg
Size:	440.3 KB
ID:	1079868

Comment

Sweet! Looking good!

Comment

Will this be the last section?

Comment

Originally posted by reok View Post
                              Will this be the last section?
                              I don't know what will happen at this time. But expect this to be the last.

Comment

Working...
                              X