No announcement yet.

Announcing Section #4 for Survival Game - Setting up the survival game-loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey folks, i have that strange problem with TimeOfManager blueprint when i open the project, but when i start play the map all work fine, i assigned all the sounds into blueprint and play right, simply i'm curious to understand what's wrong on loading project and why all work fine, in theory my sounds had not to play if the ambient audio component is not loaded correctly.

EDIT:

Problem solved but i have no idea how
    Last edited by ZioYuri78; 08-26-2015, 04:04 PM. Reason: solved
    Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

看不懂.............

Comment

Strings for the HUD(Survive, Prepare for..., ClientServerText)

Hey, I want to change the TextMessage that appears on the HUD(Survive!, Prepare for the next night, ServerClientText), but i can´t find the StringVariable and the class, where it is composed.
        Last edited by Hammeran; 01-21-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammeran View Post
          Hey, I want to change the TextMessage that appears on the HUD(Survive!, Prepare for the next night, ServerClientText), but i can´t find the StringVariable and the class, where it is composed.
          Hi Hammeran,

Quickest way to find this type of content is by simply doing a Ctrl+F in visual studio (as long as you suspect it's defined in code and not in blueprint) The string you are looking for should come from the gamemode class (SCoopGamemode.cpp or SGameMode.cpp)

- Tom
          Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Finally found it in SPlayerController.cpp

Comment

Finally found it in SPlayerController.cpp
              Ah good! Was just about to reply. The message type is EHUDMessage::Game_SurviveStart if anyone was wondering.

The message is broadcast through in this class: https://github.com/tomlooman/EpicSur.../SGameMode.cpp inside DefaultTimer()

- Tom
              Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

You helped me a lot with that sample c++ project. Thank you

Hammeran

Comment

You helped me a lot with that sample c++ project. Thank you

Hammeran
                  You're welcome!

Comment

Hi mans! How I can increase the lights in night game mode? Please help, because new level i can't modifiy the lights.

Best Regards: Zoltan Tajti
                    zoltan.tajti92@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X