Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoc View Post
    Hey Tom!

While testing, I noticed that RifleImpactEffectsXXX Never gets removed from the actor list.
    I couldn't test with the latest version of the game (Sorry!), but this seems important enough to report here!

How to reproduce: Start the game in the editor, shoot into something (e.g.: the ground). A new Actor based on RifleImpactEffects will be created, but won't ever be removed.

Hope it helps!
    Hi! Thanks for reporting this, It's on the buglist to get fixed soon.
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Tom,

I had someone show me this tutorial and I had a couple questions.

Why did you create sub-objects for both the blackboard and the behavior tree in the controller? If I call run behavior tree, it creates a blackboard and behavior tree and assigns it to the "BrainComponent" in on the "AAIController" class.

Why use pawn sensing? I thought perception was supposed to be used. I forget what version that was suggested.

Using the AI debugging tools (pressing the " key) it did not look as if the AI was actually running a behavior tree. I saw the behavior tree running, but the debug tools showed it as not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
        Tom,

I had someone show me this tutorial and I had a couple questions.

Why did you create sub-objects for both the blackboard and the behavior tree in the controller? If I call run behavior tree, it creates a blackboard and behavior tree and assigns it to the "BrainComponent" in on the "AAIController" class.

Why use pawn sensing? I thought perception was supposed to be used. I forget what version that was suggested.

Using the AI debugging tools (pressing the " key) it did not look as if the AI was actually running a behavior tree. I saw the behavior tree running, but the debug tools showed it as not working.
        Hi Murphy,

1) The extra components don't seem required in hind-sight. I discovered the BrainComponent after I did the AI implementation.

2) I used Pawn Sensing since at the time of the tutorial the perception system was very new, and still WIP. Pawn Sensing has all the features we need and is easy to understand and use.

Hope that helps!
        Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Working...
        X