Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn off the lens flares.

Comment

Excellent news Tom. The true is that now I'm studing the UE4's API, and your GameSurvival Project series are perfect about, how we have to work correctly the C++ programming with UE4 for build a game, being that right now I don't understand very well, how I have to use macros UCLASS(), UFUNCTION(), UPROPERTY(), etc... And also I have already some scene assets and I would like to use it with your excelent GameSurvival Project, We can make it?. Thank you so much Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Jps7101 View Post
        Excellent news Tom. The true is that now I'm studing the UE4's API, and your GameSurvival Project series are perfect about, how we have to work correctly the C++ programming with UE4 for build a game, being that right now I don't understand very well, how I have to use macros UCLASS(), UFUNCTION(), UPROPERTY(), etc... And also I have already some scene assets and I would like to use it with your excelent GameSurvival Project, We can make it?. Thank you so much Tom.
        You can right-click on your assets in the content browser and select "Migrate..." to move them to this project.

The UFUNCTION(), UPROPERTY() markers etc. are Macros and help Unreal know how to treat your functions and variables. You can assign custom "behavior" to it this way. Currently we have used it to expose variables to Blueprint and to mark certain functions are server-side functions in networking (etc. when called on a client, the request is send to the server to execute the function instead of running it locally on the client)
        Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Tom is possible to view how manage a smooth transition between crouch <-> stand (with the camera pos) and with the run the same ? (in the C++ code)

Because the templates and the shooter demo don't have examples of this.
          Last edited by Hevedy; 04-14-2015, 12:25 PM.
          Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
          Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Ok, I think I understand it more about API's macros, with they we can include into the Editor all propierties that we defined with UPROPERTY(), for example, with this sample code of API's Documentation:

UCLASS()
            Class AMyActor : public AActor
            {
            GENERATED_BODY()

UPROPERTY (EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category="Damage")
            int32 TotalDamage;

float DamageTimeInSeconds;

UPROPERTY (BlueprintReadOnly, VisibleAnywhere, Transient, Category="Damage")
            float DamagePerSecond;

};

I have defined my class "AMyActor" that inherits of "AActor", like I defined into the UCLASS(), my class will stay into the source code Editor "to my project". And then, with UPROPERTY(), I can create my "TotalDamage", "DamageTimeInSeconds" and "DamagePerSecond" variables, and then can use the same with Blueprint.

Only one question, this variables included into the Editor, Will form part of the source code of the engine or just the code for my project?.

Thank you so much for your attention Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
              Tom is possible to view how manage a smooth transition between crouch <-> stand (with the camera pos) and with the run the same ? (in the C++ code)

Because the templates and the shooter demo don't have examples of this.
              That's something I would like to address, I've written it down to see if I can fit this into a later section.
              Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Ok, I think I understand it more about API's macros, with they we can include into the Editor all propierties that we defined with UPROPERTY(), for example, with this sample code of API's Documentation:

UCLASS()
                Class AMyActor : public AActor
                {
                GENERATED_BODY()

int32 TotalDamage;

float DamageTimeInSeconds;

UPROPERTY (BlueprintReadOnly, VisibleAnywhere, Transient, Category="Damage")
                float DamagePerSecond;

};

I have defined my class "AMyActor" that inherits of "AActor", like I defined into the UCLASS(), my class will stay into the source code Editor "to my project". And then, with UPROPERTY(), I can create my "TotalDamage", "DamageTimeInSeconds" and "DamagePerSecond" variables, and then can use the same with Blueprint.

Only one question, this variables included into the Editor, Will form part of the source code of the engine or just the code for my project?.

Thank you so much for your attention Tom.
                Everything you do inside your project, is part of the game layer and not part of the engine.

Comment

Now I understand, Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ZioYuri78 View Post
                    This Tom Looman project and your Beginning C++ tutorials are really helping me understand how the engine work, thank guys
                    Glad my tutorials could be of help. You're welcome.

His series is really great though isn't it ?! I learned a thing or two as well! <3 long live looman!
                    Youtube
                    Machine Learning C++ Plugin
                    Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Is there any plan for a first person view, or will it be strictly third person?

Comment

Originally posted by Synt4x View Post
                        Is there any plan for a first person view, or will it be strictly third person?
                        I have no plans for first person at this time. ShooterGame does support both views, and both projects use a similar code structure if you were to add first person mode.

Comment

I'd love to know, how we can to add to your base class "SPlayerCameraManager", a function that to set one an angular point to the camera for at certain times of the scene this camera will can to stay without move, like great "Resident Evil". I think that scenes type can be nice for this Survival Game.

Comment

I'd love to know, how we can to add to your base class "SPlayerCameraManager", a function that to set one an angular point to the camera for at certain times of the scene this camera will can to stay without move, like great "Resident Evil". I think that scenes type can be nice for this Survival Game.
                            I'd recommend checking out this thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Prototype-game

Comment

Fantastic thread!, I always liked it this types of scenes. I will study it with more thoroughly, Thanks.

Comment

I want to wait the release of documentation of this section before start with question but i really don't understand how impact determines the surface, i understand the code (i hope ), what i'm not understand is why if i change the mesh of the "dummy" character and i use something like the Prototype character mesh from marketplace , the impact effect change from FleshFX to DefaultFX.

Have i to add physical material to the new character mesh?
                                Last edited by ZioYuri78; 04-15-2015, 07:29 AM. Reason: typo
                                Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

Working...
                                X