Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice that while it's now possible to compile the engine to run in Linux, you still can't use Linux programming tools to compile it. Is there a technical reason, or have you guys just not got around to it yet? Don't get me wrong - I'm glad to see a AAA quality engine that actually supports my preferred OS; I'm just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by hectorgrey View Post
      I notice that while it's now possible to compile the engine to run in Linux, you still can't use Linux programming tools to compile it. Is there a technical reason, or have you guys just not got around to it yet? Don't get me wrong - I'm glad to see a AAA quality engine that actually supports my preferred OS; I'm just curious.
      This is mostly an artifact of our development environment as cross compiling allows us to use our Windows based automation tools and such. Plus folks here have Windows PCs, making it easier for everyone to keep the Linux bits compiling. I would expect the Linux community to rectify native compilation issues quite fast if they haven't already. Dmitry Rekman is going to write a blog post about Linux stuffs soon I think.

Comment

Hi All.

I'm not sure it has been requested, but is it possible to release the edited "UE4 Elemental Tech Features"map, the one where Epic's Senior Technical Artist (Allan Willard) shows the engines features? (url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VitLyrynBgU). this is the map that features the orrey room. I'm not sure if it has been released or not.

Kind regards

/NM

Comment

This was written in 2014 that says Unreal is working on a Binary tool for console development, do you know if that has been completed or is it still in progress?
          https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...-now-supported

"This first console release is provided in source code form, so it’s for teams which include at least one C++ programmer. In a subsequent version, we’ll add support for binary-only development, so artists and designers can deploy their creations to console without ever compiling the code."

Comment

Working...
          X