Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else still unable to Download the Elemental Demo? It's ETA went from 20:00 to 22:30 GMT. o.0 Did I miss something?
    If anyone needs a Voice Actor, check out this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/dangavsterVA
    If you need some music, check out these guys: https://soundcloud.com/darkbreed7

Comment

I think they just pushed the release back a bit. They usually do this, the marketplace isn't very stable yet.
      Fully dynamic Time of Day System blueprint: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-of-Day-Setup Download it for free now!

Comment

Ah. Ok. Makes sense lol. I love UR4!
        If anyone needs a Voice Actor, check out this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/dangavsterVA
        If you need some music, check out these guys: https://soundcloud.com/darkbreed7

Comment

Keep up the great works, I'm amazed how big this update is, but something mentioned to fix that I wanted is in 4.2, can't wait for it to happen too.
          At this pace, maybe we'll hit Unreal engine 5 next year,
          Unreal Engine 4 Game Framework diagram for relation of all major base object types
          Unreal Engine 4 Input Event diagram, scroll down to section Input Processing Procedural
          Resident Evil Classic Camera
          RPCs official document, Must Read
          Everything you should know about replication

Comment

Hopefully for 4.2 they have a way to make real time scene captures like in UDK or parallax correct reflections. Its important for mirrors or glass!
            Last edited by TheAgent; 04-24-2014, 05:04 PM.
            Bacon Man : An Adventure (UE4)

Comment

Weird minor issue with 4.1: my launcher no longer finds anything for "My Content", although when I do launch, the Sample Games area is populated under the Projects in the Project Browser. It's like the launcher no longer recognizes that I downloaded some projects from the marketplace.
              The Flame in the Flood - travel the river, evade predators, fight the elements.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
                Hopefully for 4.2 they have a way to make real time scene captures like in UDK or parallax correct reflections. Its important for mirrors or glass!
                There are already scene capture actors, see "Content Examples/Reflections".

Comment

Hi Stuckbug,

Here is a post on the answerhub that may help with your current issue. Thank you!
                  Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                  How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Alex MAT View Post
                    There are already scene capture actors, see "Content Examples/Reflections".
                    Im talking about a different type of scene capture.

Comment

That was it, thanks!
                      The Flame in the Flood - travel the river, evade predators, fight the elements.

Comment

RE: Elemental. We ran into some last minute technical difficulties with the Elemental demo.

For those into details, there is a bug in 4.1 with the code generating the shader cache for the Elemental package, resulting in shaders being invalidated needlessly. It seems to be sufficient to repackage Elemental with a build that has the fix even though 4.1 doesn't have the fix, so that is what is going on right now. Sounds pretty simple, but when you add build processes, QA, distribution, etc. to the mix that kind of stuff ends up adding up and we weren't able to release at the same time :-(

As a side note -- the DDC bug is fixed in github :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
                          Im talking about a different type of scene capture.
                          Care to elaborate? Genuinely interested

Comment

Ah, Elemental is up, excited to check it out

Comment

Changelog: Mind = blown

Excellent all around.

Comment

UDK had render targets that reflect in 3D so when you look at it, its aligned with the reflected world. This is not really supported in UE4 as of yet. So Its next to impossible to create a proper mirror or properly reflected glass. The current Scene capture 2D or even CubeMap does parallax correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X