No announcement yet.

Engine Features Preview 4/02/2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some awesome additions, keep up the good work Epic!
    VIMEO channel | Artstation profile

Comment

so, so awesome!
      I could hug you all!

also.. psst.. any news on improved LOD-importing?

Comment

Say I just upgraded to 4.7.4 and I noticed that in my project their is a new directory call "Developers". What's the intent of this directory? Is it a common area where I can place things in for ALL of my projects? That would be very cool!

Comment

Amazing work as usual! Love the new generator! /bowbow/

Comment

Originally posted by Demolition Man View Post
            Say I just upgraded to 4.7.4 and I noticed that in my project their is a new directory call "Developers". What's the intent of this directory? Is it a common area where I can place things in for ALL of my projects? That would be very cool!
            Hi Demolition Man,

This folder is meant to be a repository for developers using source control to place their created assets. You can turn this off by unchecking the "Show Developer Folder" in the Content Browser Options menu.
            Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
              Hi Demolition Man,

This folder is meant to be a repository for developers using source control to place their created assets. You can turn this off by unchecking the "Show Developer Folder" in the Content Browser Options menu.
              OK. Thanks Adam. Just wondering what the directory is supposed to be used for.

Comment

Amazing improvements as always! V-HACD looks really great!

Comment

Wow! I like the new result from the auto convex collision. It seems like is going to save lot of time from trying to make and fix collision manually. Can't wait to try it!

Comment

Thumbs up for V-HACD!

Comment

Just a preview request if I may be so bold..

How does V-HACD work for meshes that have openings, such as doors / windows / crawlspaces? Would it be possible for a screenshot of that type of mesh with V-HACD applied? I ask this because if it works well enough, then I won't need to spend the time creating my own collision meshes and I can just wait for implementation.

Regards,

SaviorNT
                      WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                      World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                      WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                        Just a preview request if I may be so bold..

How does V-HACD work for meshes that have openings, such as doors / windows / crawlspaces? Would it be possible for a screenshot of that type of mesh with V-HACD applied? I ask this because if it works well enough, then I won't need to spend the time creating my own collision meshes and I can just wait for implementation.

Regards,

SaviorNT
                        You can already opt to have the mesh use complex collision as basic, so it uses the entire mesh as its collision mesh without needing to go into max/maya/blender.

Comment

If the link examples are indicative of what will be in the next release, then they should work fairly well. I would still like an ability to edit the vertex points of the collision mesh. Not sure how that would impact performance (if any) though.
                          WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                          World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                          WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Working...
                          X