Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keffsmya View Post
    Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for teaching me so much! THe Only thing I want to ask is how to create "STypes.h".(did it derive from something special?)
    I am a newb.....
    Hi mate!

STypes.h is kind of a special one, it doesn't derive from anything and it basically just a container for some of our structs and enums. It has no .cpp file either (since all the work is done in .h) There is no need to have it in a file like that specifically, but it can be nice to keep certain types you use in many places in one convenient location.
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Hello I loaded the git hub version but the zombies are not attacking. They standing and nothing happens. They only follow when I walk closeby. Arnt they suppose to partol or somethign?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
        Hi mate!

STypes.h is kind of a special one, it doesn't derive from anything and it basically just a container for some of our structs and enums. It has no .cpp file either (since all the work is done in .h) There is no need to have it in a file like that specifically, but it can be nice to keep certain types you use in many places in one convenient location.
        Hi Tom,

So regarding this file, I tried to create it myself but the UE is complaining about the fact that it cannot find a .cpp file. After adding an empty .cpp file, it started complaining about some unresolved external symbol, which I know is related to how I format the .cpp file and .h files.

I believe I am unnecessarily complicating my life with this by trying to make it properly.

What I am trying to ask is if this header file is just something you created in the source folder or there is a proper way of creating it through the editor?

Also I see you reference a generated.h file, which I assume gets created when you define the class and so on (or rebuild the project files if they are missing). Can I always create a .h file which includes a generated.h file? even without generating it through the editor?

Thanks so much for this tutorial! It's being uber helpful

Comment

I am trying to build the file in 4.19.2 but it is saying that they are 4.18 files and can't be built. Can any help me out here?

Comment

Working...
          X