• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i like this alot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I need to handle all of the death events my self but I can seem to find where some of the functions are getting called. UnFreeze(), and StartSpectating(), I know they are in the Player Controller, but I cant seem to find where they are getting called from, When running log statments after taking damage it calls onDeath(), Die(), but neither of the those call start spectating. Any help would be great.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok.. i was able to load the project, but can anyone help me with the retargeting... Everytime i tried to retarget the animation using one of the paragon character, the gun from the original character just move to the place where it is not supposed to be... Plz really need this to work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It looks like Tom upgraded the project on GitHub yesterday to work with 4.22.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    still doesn't work for me... i did exactly what STLWalterSobchyk said but still..... im really need this to work, can anyone help, i tried to use UE 4.21.2 and UE 4.22.2. Any help is really appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got it working in 4.22

First i needed to update my VS2017

Code:

WindowsPlatformCompilerSetup.h(22): error C2338: Visual Studio 2017 versions 15.7 and 15.8 are known to have code generation bugs that affect UE4. Please update to version 15.9.
    Solution: Downloaded the Latest VS 2017
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vis...s2017-relnotes

Secondly i received compile errors for the Possess() and UnPossess() calls in SZombieAIController.h
    Code:

error C3248: 'AController::Possess': function declared as 'final' cannot be overridden by 'AEnemyAI::Possess' error C3248: 'AController::UnPossess': function declared as 'final' cannot be overridden by 'AEnemyAI::UnPossess'
    Solution:
    I fixed this by renaming them OnPosess() and OnUnPossess() in header and SZombieAIController.cpp which makes them a custom function instead of an Override function

Thirdly i received several compile errors concerning FCollisionQueryParams TraceParams in a few files
    Code:
     error C2039: 'bTraceAsyncScene': is not a member of 'FCollisionQueryParams'
    I simply commented them out and this allowed me to build the solution.

Solution:
    Code:
    //TraceParams.bTraceAsyncScene = true;
    Disclaimer;
    Simply a workaround to build project not getting the engine Possess override function and missing a collision call several places. Toms an awesome instructor figured i could help out so i can continue learning as well!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried to recreate the master project in engine version 4.21.2. In the Character.h he declares a USpringArmComponent and UCameraComponent yet he never includes the header files for these classes nor does a forward declaration. My project won't compile without including the header files. Both versions are 4.21.2. Anyone know why this is happening? Where are the includes hiding?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a heads up for anyone else having issues on 4.20 and Linux:
    Trying to package the example for release does not work from the Editor. I always get inotify errors.
    I actually increased the inotify max to a huge amount and the error persists: fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 2097152

So the only "fix" I found was to manually compile it like this: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/How_to..._with_commands
    My engine source is in an external sata hard drive over usb 3.0, so the problem may be related to that, or not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by brian.boettger View Post
    MachineX
    This is due to the mods if I recall correctly. What I did was downloaded the 4.18 copy of the source. Opened it in 4.18. Then if you upgrade it, it should tell you that the rifle mode and the other mod are not supported would you like to disable them...
    Thank you, sorry only just seen this as I've been away

Originally posted by dc740 View Post
    UPDATE:
    There was a "bug" in the last commit:

Thank you very much, I'll be trying this project again soon!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MachineX View Post
    Hello,

I'm having trouble opening the SurvivalGame project in 14.19.2, I get an error about the UE4Editor-SurvivalGame.dll file and am too inexperienced to resolve this, I've tried a few things after a couple of days extensively Googling, installed Windows SDK & Visual Studio 2017 (OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) as some mentioned that resolved compiling issues but I've had the same error since the start.

If there's a magic thing I can do to make this work please let me know, it's frustrating as I'm at a loss
    I'm having exactly the same problem on 4.20 (downloaded and compiled yesterday), but I'm on Linux. The error is the same though. Any way to solve this without having to go back to 4.18? (the download and setup time is pretty big and I'd like to avoid it at all cost)

Thank you

UPDATE:
    There was a "bug" in the last commit:
    https://github.com/tomlooman/EpicSur...9b5b4e47b2fda8

SurvivalGame/Source/SurvivalGame/Private/World/SGameMode.cpp Line 422

There shouldn't be any problems, since the && has lower precedence than the ||, and everything should just compile, but it didn't work for me and I have to explicitly set the () around the first group of &&.
    Here is the code that compiles:
    Code:
                if (
                    (
                        !Actor->IsA(ALevelScriptActor::StaticClass())
                        && !Actor->IsA(ASMutator::StaticClass())
                        && Actor->GetRootComponent() != nullptr
                        && Actor->GetRootComponent()->Mobility != EComponentMobility::Static
                    )
                   ||
                    (
                        !Actor->IsA(AStaticMeshActor::StaticClass())
                        && !Actor->IsA(ALight::StaticClass())
                    )
                   )
    Notice that I only added extra () around the first 4 && conditions. Either add the () yourself, or copy/paste that code.

How did I debug it?

I manually compiled the client:
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/How_to..._with_commands

Then I checked the logs in the output, and <home>/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/LocalBuildLogs/Log.txt
    Last edited by dc740; 08-05-2018, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    does anyone know how the shooting in the center is made?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anybody

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am using 4.19.. now looks like i have this error. ..also added "#include "BehaviorTree/BehaviorTreeComponent.h"" in the SGameMode.h
    Attached Files
    Last edited by skeetaseasonTV; 06-25-2018, 03:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is due to how UE4 merges cpp files before compile, adding empty line changes timestamp of gamemode, and sudenly there is include missing, just add #include "BehaviorTreeComponent.h" after #include "SMutator.h" and it will compile ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am able to compile the code with no problem, but when i try to edit the game mode...

Lets say all i did was added one line with 0 code and i get errors... please review images... image one is normal code from github complie works fine.. image two is one line added with tons of errors..how does this happen? I tried reinstalling VS,,, generating project files again...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X