X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it working in 4.22

First i needed to update my VS2017

Code:

WindowsPlatformCompilerSetup.h(22): error C2338: Visual Studio 2017 versions 15.7 and 15.8 are known to have code generation bugs that affect UE4. Please update to version 15.9.
    Solution: Downloaded the Latest VS 2017
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vis...s2017-relnotes

Secondly i received compile errors for the Possess() and UnPossess() calls in SZombieAIController.h
    Code:

error C3248: 'AController::Possess': function declared as 'final' cannot be overridden by 'AEnemyAI::Possess' error C3248: 'AController::UnPossess': function declared as 'final' cannot be overridden by 'AEnemyAI::UnPossess'
    Solution:
    I fixed this by renaming them OnPosess() and OnUnPossess() in header and SZombieAIController.cpp which makes them a custom function instead of an Override function

Thirdly i received several compile errors concerning FCollisionQueryParams TraceParams in a few files
    Code:
     error C2039: 'bTraceAsyncScene': is not a member of 'FCollisionQueryParams'
    I simply commented them out and this allowed me to build the solution.

Solution:
    Code:
    //TraceParams.bTraceAsyncScene = true;
    Disclaimer;
    Simply a workaround to build project not getting the engine Possess override function and missing a collision call several places. Toms an awesome instructor figured i could help out so i can continue learning as well!

Comment

still doesn't work for me... i did exactly what STLWalterSobchyk said but still..... im really need this to work, can anyone help, i tried to use UE 4.21.2 and UE 4.22.2. Any help is really appreciated!

Comment

It looks like Tom upgraded the project on GitHub yesterday to work with 4.22.
        Quantum Mechanics: The dreams that stuff is made from.

Comment

Ok.. i was able to load the project, but can anyone help me with the retargeting... Everytime i tried to retarget the animation using one of the paragon character, the gun from the original character just move to the place where it is not supposed to be... Plz really need this to work

Comment

I need to handle all of the death events my self but I can seem to find where some of the functions are getting called. UnFreeze(), and StartSpectating(), I know they are in the Player Controller, but I cant seem to find where they are getting called from, When running log statments after taking damage it calls onDeath(), Die(), but neither of the those call start spectating. Any help would be great.

Comment

Working...
            X