No announcement yet.

Ongoing C++ Gameplay Example Series: Making a Survival Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I modify the rifle's impact effect so its decal looks like a hole rather than a line?

Comment

Check the spawn line of decal, and change FVector(DecalSize, DecalSize, 1.0f) to FVector(1.0f, DecalSize, DecalSize)

Comment

update to 4.15 ?

Comment

Originally posted by davidgutjar View Post
          update to 4.15 ?
          Work fine here, you only have to switch engine version
          Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

Hello! Really nice work, just need some help, when jumping from one platform to another and having the zombies to follow, after they jump they starts ignoring me.

Think i managed to get it to work.
            Last edited by Zoyer2; 05-27-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoyer2 View Post
              Hello! Really nice work, just need some help, when jumping from one platform to another and having the zombies to follow, after they jump they starts ignoring me.

Think i managed to get it to work.
              Hi! Can you please help? I'm having the same problem as you did. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by msvr View Post
                Hi! Can you please help? I'm having the same problem as you did. Thanks!
                Hello! I think i managed to get it work by changing the Zombie behaviour tree. I moved the "Should wander" into the selector since i couldn't get my zombies to patrol if it wasn't like that. Then i just changed the Find bot waypoint to "TargetEnemy" as you can see in the picture below. I believe that did the trick, since i noticed when i put out nav links for my zombies to jump after me on roofs they just ignored me and tried to get to a waypoint. Tell me if it works for you too! Have you managed to find out how to fix the Ammo bug? I noticed if you throw away your weapon and then pick it up again you get full ammo which isn't so realistic https://pasteboard.co/1f9QPerJf.png

Comment

Originally posted by Zoyer2 View Post
                  Hello! I think i managed to get it work by changing the Zombie behaviour tree. I moved the "Should wander" into the selector since i couldn't get my zombies to patrol if it wasn't like that. Then i just changed the Find bot waypoint to "TargetEnemy" as you can see in the picture below. I believe that did the trick, since i noticed when i put out nav links for my zombies to jump after me on roofs they just ignored me and tried to get to a waypoint. Tell me if it works for you too! Have you managed to find out how to fix the Ammo bug? I noticed if you throw away your weapon and then pick it up again you get full ammo which isn't so realistic https://pasteboard.co/1f9QPerJf.png
                  Wow, awesome! I got away with the issue but your way seems far better. I'll try this. I haven't seen that Ammo bug. I'll check later when I get the chance. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by msvr View Post
                    Wow, awesome! I got away with the issue but your way seems far better. I'll try this. I haven't seen that Ammo bug. I'll check later when I get the chance. Thanks a lot!
                    Great! :-)

Comment

Hiho!

Im trying to learn a bit using the project, and cannot set up proper headshot&limb damage for the player (i enabled pvp damage). Any help on why it doesnt work would be appreciated.
                      1. I added 2 new surface types in project settings for player head and limbs
                      2. Added 2 new physical materials cloning PlayerBody, and set the new surfaces there
                      3. Changed in player's PhysicsAsset head and limb surface - click on head at 3d model, set playerhead material for simple collision physical material
                      4. For PlayerPawn set collision preset to custom, enable (query and physics), object type to Pawn, and set weapon at trace responses to block.
                      4. Changed some code:
                      SurvivalGame.h:
                      Code:
                      #define SURFACE_PLAYERHEAD          SurfaceType5
                      #define SURFACE_PLAYERLIMB          SurfaceType6
                      SWeaponInstant.cpp, changed DealDamage function a bit:

Code:
                      	if (PhysMat && DmgType)
                      	{
                      		if (PhysMat->SurfaceType == SURFACE_ZOMBIEHEAD || PhysMat->SurfaceType == SURFACE_PLAYERHEAD)
                      		{		
                      			ActualHitDamage *= DmgType->GetHeadDamageModifier();	
                      		}
                      		else if (PhysMat->SurfaceType == SURFACE_ZOMBIELIMB || PhysMat->SurfaceType == SURFACE_PLAYERLIMB)
                      		{
                      			ActualHitDamage *= DmgType->GetLimbDamageModifier();		
                      		}
                      	}
                      Last edited by valen.ce; 06-08-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Hi Tom, how do you add extra weapons like pistols/rifle/melee?

Comment

It is awesome for me I don't like tutorials so this is perfect piece of code to look into when i don't know how to do something in my noobie project

Comment

Hello!

I have problem with UE4Editor-SurvivalGame.dll, and the rebuild.

I use the 4.16 and start the rebuild, and i have a error:
                            SurvivalGame could not be compiled. Try rebuild from source manually.
                            How can I fixed this error/problem?

Best Regards: Zoltan Tajti
                            zoltan.tajti92@gmail.com

Comment

There is a lot not working for 4.16 and 4.17 with this.

Comment

hello,everybody。
                                I'm an unreal rookie, and i want start my unreal learning from this project.
                                so , my first question is,can this project export an mobile version?
                                because my gold is unreal mobile develop!

in the end, sorry for my poor english. because i'm chinese!

Comment

Working...
                                X