Ongoing C++ Gameplay Example Series: Making a Survival Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tom,
    I got another question, I am investigating how the equiping and unequiping weapon works, I can see how the equip works, but I haven't found anywhere in the code that does the attach the unequiped weapon to the storage slot part, in the OnUnequip, all I can see is stop animation and stuff, it is like magic, am I missing anything?

Comment

@tom looman: Hello! I created a new level, and zombie ai doesn't attach me, but i walking before zombie. What is the problem? Please help!

Best Regards: Zoltan Tajti
      zoltan.tajti92@gmail.com

Comment

Hi There I Was Wondering About Ur Project Its Really Cool And Awesome But How do i open it ? i mean do i have to get ue4.12 from github first then go compile the thing ? [i always get that error from .dll .sll is missing its impossiable to freakin solve it ] Or is there a way to download it and open it normally ???

Comment

ANoob9001 - The project seems to have been recently updated to work with a standard install of UE 4.13.

Go to the github project page, make sure that the master branch is selected and hit the 'Clone or Download' button to save as a zip file. My copy opens and runs fine in UE 4.13, albeit with a few warnings .
          Quantum Mechanics: The dreams that stuff is made from.

Comment

Hey, I got another question, in the Widget_MessageStream, you have a variable called MessageTextBlock, apparently it is the MessageTextBlock under [Canvas Panel], how did you convert a text widget into a variable? I try to add one myself, but I cannot get it to be the one I added in the Canvas Panel , I got so frustrated...

Comment

Originally posted by Ambience Lee View Post
              Hey, I got another question, in the Widget_MessageStream, you have a variable called MessageTextBlock, apparently it is the MessageTextBlock under [Canvas Panel], how did you convert a text widget into a variable? I try to add one myself, but I cannot get it to be the one I added in the Canvas Panel , I got so frustrated...
              There is a Variable checkbox near the details panel in the Designer view of UMG when you select the component you want to expose as a variable.
              Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

So amazing! Even as a game designer I'll learn a bit C++ soon enough and will have alook at this series for sure!

Congrats!

Comment

Man that's awesome
                  Last edited by dessertshome; 10-14-2016, 05:11 AM.
                  Desserts Home

Comment

Hi mans! How to merge the RPG Inventory System from the marketplace?

Best Regards: Zoltan Tajti
                    zoltan.tajti92@gmail.com

Comment

Would i be able to implement a Blueprint chat system into this?

Comment

Member is inaccessable error.

Hello,
                        I'm getting this error in visual studio.
                        For these three lines it says 'member is inaccessable.'
                        I decompiled the USpringArmComponent and those variables are now private.
                        What can I do to fix or replace it.

Code:
                        CameraBoomComp->SocketOffset = FVector(0, 35, 0);
                        CameraBoomComp->TargetOffset = FVector(0, 0, 55);
                        CameraBoomComp->bUsePawnControlRotation = true;
                        Any help is appreciated as I'm trying to learn unreal.

Thanks
                        Max

Comment

open up the class you inherit from ->cameraboom.h or whatever and look around for a setter function, use that instead of accessing the variables directly

Comment

Hi,
                            First, thanks a lot for this example, that makes me learn so much more about UE4 C++.

I'm trying to understand how can I put different "holding weapons animations" for each weapon type, but I'm not a programmer, I'm a Designer lol.

Can you point me in the right direction for doing this thing?
                            I've tryed to put some bool on OnPrimaryEquip..., but it can't work at all.

Very sorry for my english, I wish you understand what I want to say.

Comment

i have unreal 4.12 and i have not older version of engine.how to use this project ? beacuse when run it,he say surrvival game.dll bult with another version .and rebuild from source.how to rebuild or use it?????please help

Comment

hi tom and thanks for every thing.
                                when i convert your project with 4.13 event graph not loaded in blue print and no showing any thing.why?

Comment

Working...
                                X