Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vahid View Post
    Thanks,
    I get public IP, by searching in google this "What's My IP" and i have the correct IP, can you explain more on portforwarding
    This was posted by Tom Looman a bit earlier:
    "...(Make sure port 7777 is forwarded on the router from the person that hosts the server, that'll be required for others to connect to the host)..."

I don't know what kind of router you have, so you have to check the webinterface and check the settings. there should be a section for portforwarding. A quick google search with the model should give you a documentation.

Basicly you have to make an entry for port 7777 (TCP i guess) and forward it to the local ip of your pc where the server is running.

Then if your friend sends ue4 data to your public ip your router will see that traffic on port 7777 should be sent to your pc and it should work.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by MonsieurVoltaire View Post
      Hello, I'm not sure if this project is still active but it would be a great asset for me. Unfortunately, when trying to launch the project I receive the message:

I am running Windows 10 with Visual Studio 2015, and am trying to open the uproject file in Unreal Editor 4.10. I cloned the git repository, but am trying with the zip now (30 minute download.)

Hi!

Did you compile the source with your own Visual Studio or did this come fresh from the repository? If it's fresh can you try rebuilding it in VS2015, otherwise you may need to double-check your build configuration in VS, "Development Editor" + Platform: "Win64".
      Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Hi,

I installed VS 2015 community and removed VS2013. I noticed when I build source its defaulting to VS2013 and engine 4.7. I believe VS2015 is only supported for 4.10 and above. I could not find an environment variable to change so I am not sure how its defaulting; I thought this project was based on the aforementioned? If so, any idea how to make this happen. In the short term, I assume I can point everything to 4.10 within each project and override the defaults? Appreciate the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by selement View Post
          Hi,

I installed VS 2015 community and removed VS2013. I noticed when I build source its defaulting to VS2013 and engine 4.7. I believe VS2015 is only supported for 4.10 and above. I could not find an environment variable to change so I am not sure how its defaulting; I thought this project was based on the aforementioned? If so, any idea how to make this happen. In the short term, I assume I can point everything to 4.10 within each project and override the defaults? Appreciate the clarification.
          Yeah you should simply be able to make it point to 4.10 and build the project from inside Visual Studio 2015.
          Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

What About mac version? tried compiling section 1 got error message, i will try master branch and see anymore errors

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
              Noticed the same when opening the project, I'll look for a fix the next time I do an upgrade of the project.
              After changing UAudioComponent's access from protected to public in STimeOfDayManager.h, I no longer get the error.

Comment

Originally posted by Curious_Rubick View Post
                After changing UAudioComponent's access from protected to public in STimeOfDayManager.h, I no longer get the error.
                Thanks for the suggestion Rubick. I tried the same, but it did not solve the warning on my end, something else must be going wrong internally.

Comment

can update to 4.12?

Comment

I have a problem here at update to the 4.12 directly from 4.10 from Github.

After patch some changes in the 4.12 API following the Rama and others guide https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ansition-Guide I get a problem at the end when looks like all is done at compile I get this error:

1> Creating library D:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.12\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-SurvivalGame-5343.lib and object D:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.12\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-SurvivalGame-5343.exp
                    1>Module.SurvivalGame.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface::OnGameplayTaskActivated(class UGameplayTask &)" (?OnGameplayTaskActivated@IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface@@UEAAXAEAVUGameplayTask@@@Z)
                    1>SurvivalGame.generated.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface::OnGameplayTaskActivated(class UGameplayTask &)" (?OnGameplayTaskActivated@IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface@@UEAAXAEAVUGameplayTask@@@Z)
                    1>D:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.12\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-SurvivalGame-5343.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
                    Edit*: Looks like need include in the Build file the "GameplayTasks" module
                    Last edited by Hevedy; 06-06-2016, 06:32 AM.
                    Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                    Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Hi All!

I've just upgraded the project to 4.12 on GitHub (Including the GameplayTasks issue people have experienced)

https://github.com/tomlooman/EpicSurvivalGameSeries

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
                        Hi All!

I've just upgraded the project to 4.12 on GitHub (Including the GameplayTasks issue people have experienced)

https://github.com/tomlooman/EpicSurvivalGameSeries
                        I spend some hours today updating and now you go and update xD Fine!

I tried to change the UMG files but is not possible in 4.12 is bugged and the engine crash https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...o-nothing.html

By the way for when the fix of the jump in the air ? At jump in the air you need to calculate different size of translation.

*The packaged version/compiled in 4.12 don't show or don't have mouse in the menus.

*Bullet decal direction is wrong.
                        Last edited by Hevedy; 06-06-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I am newbie to game development, and to unreal too... I am reviewing the project and I have a first question, maybe someone can help, when a new bot is spawned the code seems very simple ...

Code:
                          	FActorSpawnParameters SpawnInfo;
                          	SpawnInfo.SpawnCollisionHandlingOverride = ESpawnActorCollisionHandlingMethod::AdjustIfPossibleButAlwaysSpawn;

ASZombieAIController* AIC = GetWorld()->SpawnActor<ASZombieAIController>(SpawnInfo);
                          	RestartPlayer(AIC);
                          I don't understand how does the engine know it has to build and spawn an instance of Zombie Character blueprint from this... can anyone help me understand the mechanics behind this?

thanks in advance and kind regards

David

Comment

Originally posted by turtledma View Post
                            I am newbie to game development, and to unreal too... I am reviewing the project and I have a first question, maybe someone can help, when a new bot is spawned the code seems very simple ...

Code:
                            	FActorSpawnParameters SpawnInfo;
                            	SpawnInfo.SpawnCollisionHandlingOverride = ESpawnActorCollisionHandlingMethod::AdjustIfPossibleButAlwaysSpawn;

ASZombieAIController* AIC = GetWorld()->SpawnActor<ASZombieAIController>(SpawnInfo);
                            	RestartPlayer(AIC);
                            I don't understand how does the engine know it has to build and spawn an instance of Zombie Character blueprint from this... can anyone help me understand the mechanics behind this?

thanks in advance and kind regards

David
                            Hi David,

I totally understand the confusion. It's a bit of an obscure system. If you search for GetDefaultPawnClassForController_Implementation inside SGameMode.cpp you'll find how it figures out which BotClass to use for the AI controller.

That function is called internally by the game framework when you call RestartPlayer(Controller)

Hope that helps.

- Tom

Comment

[MENTION=156]Tom Looman[/MENTION] there is a problem when play and the player dead some times the engine crash or just freezes but not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
                                [MENTION=156]Tom Looman[/MENTION] there is a problem when play and the player dead some times the engine crash or just freezes but not sure why.
                                Do you have a call stack or any log message / crash info that could help track this down?

Comment

Working...
                                X