Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Shockwave-peter View Post
    Can't understand why everybody is so happy with this news. I had no problem paying 20$/month for such a great engine (with source code). Now I think there will be way MORE people on the forums asking dumb questions, posting their uber MMORPG projects and it will be harder to find interesting information or project/projects. Hope I'm wrong and the quality of this great UE4 community won't decrease.

P.S. Poor moderators
    I agree with this 90% but you have to remember this will bring a ton of extra professionals, in additon to 100x "I can make the next COD and Minecraft at the same time in 2 weeks" people. Bad and good.

The moderators are indeed hating this. DotCam said this is the craziest he has ever seen the forum in his entire 1200 post history.

Now that Unity 5 is free with all pro features I'm inclined to switch back since I havnt started porting my project to Unreal 4. I love Unreal 4, but I started with Unity (albiet only made a couple small hobby games). Tough choice guysyou have to admit the indie game industry just got revolutionized twice in 24 hours. C# is so much easier to code in, but you still have Unity with its aging PhysX and non-source code, but on the flipside they have compatibility and the asset store. Unreal Engine 4: C++ is needed to make really really complicated things which is a tougher language to learn, albiet much more versitile, Unreal is graphically superior (although I have to see if Unity has included the promised-forever Global Illumination) and has so many features built right in you save 500-1500$ in things you dont have to buy from the asset store. Its a tough time for someone starting a new project (like myself) or getting into the indie game development scene.

Edit: I cant even login to my Unity account online and their site is nearly inaccessable. Epic handled their rush much much better yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi!

Wanted to say thanks and let you know that you're awesome.

Just when we thought you couldn't top what you have done already, you go and do something like this.

Talk about blowing the competition out of the water. Now there's literally NO valid reason to use another engine!

Well played Epic, well played indeed.

-C-

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't get anywhere with getting this installed. After I try to log in to the
    epic games launcher I get an error message saying: Did not get a response.
    Are you connected to the Internet?

Why YES, I am connected to the Internet!

I click OK and it takes me back to the login page.

Why can't I just download and install? I already
    registered an account.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Shockwave-peter View Post
    Now I think there will be way MORE people on the forums asking dumb questions, posting their uber MMORPG projects
    grijp maar aan je eigen neus

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    Could you please stop acting like an Admin or Epic employee? You are just a moderator. So stop giving yourself airs, Epic staff is reading here and they will also read what "DoctorPC" has wrote, so you have no reason to answer as if you could do "something special" to fix this text. Thanks.
    This is such a high volume thread that any feature requests could easily be missed, so we are monitoring it for info such as this. We have submitted the info for Epic to look into further.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dev100000 View Post
    I can already see 99% of the market place content being warrior princess and dragon stuff. I mean this is going to happen.
    You don't have to forget that Epic Games carefully checks through content and only picks and uploads quality work on the marketplace.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic, I would like to sing you a little song, that expresses my feelings and emotions right now. It goes a little like this: Did I ever tell you you're my hero? You're everything, everything I wish I could be. Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle, because you are the wind beneath my wings, because you are the wind beneath my wings. . .

(disclaimer: Lyrics used for satirical, comedic effect)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
    Thanks for this, I'll make sure one of the site runners see it and get it sorted!
    Could you please stop acting like an Admin or Epic employee? You are just a moderator. So stop giving yourself airs, Epic staff is reading here and they will also read what "DoctorPC" has wrote, so you have no reason to answer as if you could do "something special" to fix this text. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is awesome, $30 really, thank you so much.
    The engine was more than worth the subscription price let alone being free!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The progress that Unreal Engine 4 is making targeting the indie market is remarkable

I'm a long time Unity 3d fan but the offers/quality/ease of Unreal's tools is becoming better than Unity's offer i have to be honest

Thanks Epic for making this great tool available in full to all of us

5% royalty is 100% fair for what we are getting

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DoctorPC View Post
    Since I found out about this, I took my mission to be to find some outdated stuff from your websites, and here we go:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/we...nreal-engine-4

"For $19/month you can have access to everything, including the Unreal Editor in ready-to-run form, and the engine’s complete C++ source code hosted on GitHub for collaborative development."

This blog post has been my UE4 bookmark for half a year now, so I was sort of surprised the outdated info is here, not in some dark corner of documentation nobody has visited since the original release.
    Thanks for this, I'll make sure one of the site runners see it and get it sorted!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Since I found out about this, I took my mission to be to find some outdated stuff from your websites, and here we go:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/we...nreal-engine-4

"For $19/month you can have access to everything, including the Unreal Editor in ready-to-run form, and the engine’s complete C++ source code hosted on GitHub for collaborative development."

This blog post has been my UE4 bookmark for half a year now, so I was sort of surprised the outdated info is here, not in some dark corner of documentation nobody has visited since the original release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wormpattern View Post
    I have bad feeling about it...
    shall we expect licence change next to something more restrict in return for free engine?
    Nope It's all the same apart from getting rid of the subscription fee; You're not dreaming: This is happening

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by a.carter1182 View Post
    Mind blowing.......I can't say thanks enough. I hope I can give back somehow.....I'll have to figure it out
    I feel the same, but I believe what Epic ultimately wants us to do for giving back is to go out there and make a game!

If you end up selling it, and it succeeds, Epic succeeds as well...

-Will

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have bad feeling about it...
    shall we expect licence change next to something more restrict in return for free engine?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X