Unreal Engine: Now Available to Everyone for Free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I was a little confused at first, but then it seemed to be true after all! Thank you big time!

On the welcome site it still states its 19$/m, might want to update that to prevent missing out on newcomers trying the engine for free.
    https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/we...nreal-engine-4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post
    Epic changed world in day when UE4 came with source because it will insure that future 3D is in every person hands. I myself like to use UE more for cinematic shots.

I am sure there will come trolls who try to anger Epic, but just ignore them and think about future that there are more good things coming. It was good idea to create marketplace for UT4+UE4 stuff because this is futuristic way to earn money by content creators and by Epic. 5% of sales is very generous and Epic is worth everything. New era is beginning as of 2015.

I already suggested UE4 to local university if they need something to make in 3D.

Final word is if you do not like UE4+Epic philosophy then there are lot of engines in world.

When Tim Sweeney posted video then in beginning i listened and when i watched second time it was like sound of prophets talking from sky that UE4 is free.

Thank you EPIC again and i wish best for every Epic staff.
    This is gonna sound like a low blow but it's almost like they had a change of heart after CliffyB left. Not meant to sound insulting as Epic without CliffyB is different for sure, but in a very good way.

That's not to say CliffyB was bad, he had great ideas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic changed world in day when UE4 came with source because it will insure that future 3D is in every person hands. I myself like to use UE more for cinematic shots.

I am sure there will come trolls who try to anger Epic, but just ignore them and think about future that there are more good things coming. It was good idea to create marketplace for UT4+UE4 stuff because this is futuristic way to earn money by content creators and by Epic. 5% of sales is very generous and Epic is worth everything. New era is beginning as of 2015.

I already suggested UE4 to local university if they need something to make in 3D.

Final word is if you do not like UE4+Epic philosophy then there are lot of engines in world.

When Tim Sweeney posted video then in beginning i listened and when i watched second time it was like sound of prophets talking from sky that UE4 is free.

Thank you EPIC again and i wish best for every Epic staff.
    Last edited by AE_3DFX; 03-06-2015, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey guys,
    thanks a lot for the answers! very cool. epic rules <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
    Edit: After some discussion it was determined that this would not be a possibility at this time with the refunds being sent out. However you are able to add the funds to your marketplace account after they have been returned to you if you wish to.
    Alright no problem

I do intend to spend it on Your market place so you guys get my money either way

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
    Can we have our pro rated refund applied to our account for the marketplace?
    Edit: After some discussion it was determined that this would not be a possibility at this time with the refunds being sent out. However you are able to add the funds to your marketplace account after they have been returned to you if you wish to.
    Last edited by Adam Davis; 03-06-2015, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
    Absolutely!

In the original post, this was mentioned:

In going free, we’ll be issuing a pro-rated refund to current subscribers for their most recent month’s payment. And, everyone who has ever paid for a UE4 subscription will receive a $30 credit that can be spent in the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

In regards to the marketplace credit, I do not believe these are transferable. However, you can contact accounts@unrealengine.com for further information.
    Can we have our pro rated refund applied to our account for the marketplace?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HSbF6 View Post
    hi mods/epic;
    a quick question regarding subscriptions..

I kinda talked my company into getting a UE4 subscription and they literally bought it like a day before it went free. I mean it was only $19 so obviously it's not a biggie at all, however, it is a little awkward lol.
    also they don't really have any need for a $30 marketplace voucher. are they transferable?
    do you guys have anything planned for people who bought it a couple of days before you decided to offer it for free? just curious.

thank you!
    Absolutely!

In the original post, this was mentioned:

In going free, we’ll be issuing a pro-rated refund to current subscribers for their most recent month’s payment. And, everyone who has ever paid for a UE4 subscription will receive a $30 credit that can be spent in the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

In regards to the marketplace credit, I do not believe these are transferable. However, you can contact accounts@unrealengine.com for further information.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HSbF6 View Post
    hi mods/epic;

I kinda talked my company into getting a UE4 subscription and they literally bought it like a day before it went free. I mean it was only $19 so obviously it's not a biggie at all, however, it is a little awkward lol.
    also they don't really have any need for a $30 marketplace voucher. are they transferable?
    do you guys have anything planned for people who bought it a couple of days before you decided to offer it for free? just curious.

thank you!
    They said that they would issue a refund for the last payment so all good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi mods/epic;

thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tim!....That's...totally EPIC!. The move demonstrates LOVE to the community and to all starving developers trying to make something Unreal or any imaginable vision in question.
    Thanks Tim and Epic TEAM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
    This information really encouraged me to make and publish small games, despite that I already have the engine

What about codes (from game jam) which I didn't redeem? Will you give other prize?
    I'm also interested in the use for the codes, any new info on this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TigrisMorte View Post
    Y'all are full on brill'
    Thanks so very much!
    I hope this nets billions for you.
    Epic Games deserved it for sure! Community love at its best!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Y'all are full on brill'
    Thanks so very much!
    I hope this nets billions for you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have had my eye on UE for years now. It's amazing how far everything has come in UE4.

Even though I fully agree that the 19 dollars-a-month was affordable, for a game design hobbyist like myself, I wanted to be able to learn on my free time, but the commitment to a monthly payment kept me from doing so. To students, or simply, any young kid with a computer who wants to learn, free access means everything.

I look forward to UE4's future.

Thank you everyone at Epic!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X