Unreal Engine: Now Available to Everyone for Free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal folks,

I only committed at the beginning of the year, so am really just getting started. Nobody can argue with "free" vs. paid of course.
    I guess my only concern is, when I was kicking in, I felt like I was directly contributing, if only in a small way, to your having the budget to have people dedicated to creating learning content such as the great examples levels, videos with good coverage of features, etc. I'm just hoping you will have the revenue stream to continue to produce both the engine as well as all of the learning materials at the pace you have been. Thanks for all the work so far, and look forward to seeing where you plan to take the engine over the next couple of years.

Comment

Thank you Epic and thank you Tim. This is a really great gift for all people who love Unreal Engine. In my opinion this is one of the best engine on the market and definitely the best which is free. Now only the sky and our imagination is the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
        What about codes (from game jam) which I didn't redeem? Will you give other prize?
        So no new info for this? but in the redeem code page the codes are no longer recognized and gives an unvalid message
        "sic parvis magna"
        @Meguido

Comment

I installed the epic games launcher, but in the upper left corner it says Not Installed. The drop down menu only shows the 4.7.4 version..I click on that and nothing happens..can any1 assist me with what's up? >RK

Comment

Originally posted by AvatardProductions View Post
            I installed the epic games launcher, but in the upper left corner it says Not Installed. The drop down menu only shows the 4.7.4 version..I click on that and nothing happens..can any1 assist me with what's up? >RK
            Take a look at this thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...m-The-Launcher

Comment

From GameDevs alike, 2015 should be EPIC! Thanks!
              Abatron Development Thread
              www.abatrongame.com
              Steam Store

Comment

Originally posted by Meguido View Post
                So no new info for this? but in the redeem code page the codes are no longer recognized and gives an unvalid message
                Hey there! Unfortunately, subscription codes aren't interchangeable with other prizes. We've made changes to the prizes for the game jams winners moving forward. All past winners can expect a game jam shirt, though! Still finalizing design, then to print

Thanks!
                Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Oh i see, thanks for your answer Chance!
                  "sic parvis magna"
                  @Meguido

Comment

Thank you for UE4 for Free Epic!

You can chime in here!
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post236945

Rama
                    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Whenever I read obuot ue4 going free I almost cry every time because of happiness thank you Epic
                      Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                      Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Working...
                      X