Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine: Now Available to Everyone for Free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tim!....That's...totally EPIC!. The move demonstrates LOVE to the community and to all starving developers trying to make something Unreal or any imaginable vision in question.
    Thanks Tim and Epic TEAM.
    I f you don't know just ask!...

    Comment


      hi mods/epic;
      a quick question regarding subscriptions..

      I kinda talked my company into getting a UE4 subscription and they literally bought it like a day before it went free. I mean it was only $19 so obviously it's not a biggie at all, however, it is a little awkward lol.
      also they don't really have any need for a $30 marketplace voucher. are they transferable?
      do you guys have anything planned for people who bought it a couple of days before you decided to offer it for free? just curious.

      thank you!
      Unreal Forum Thread
      Allison Road on Twitter
      Allison Road Facebook page

      Comment


        Originally posted by HSbF6 View Post
        hi mods/epic;
        a quick question regarding subscriptions..

        I kinda talked my company into getting a UE4 subscription and they literally bought it like a day before it went free. I mean it was only $19 so obviously it's not a biggie at all, however, it is a little awkward lol.
        also they don't really have any need for a $30 marketplace voucher. are they transferable?
        do you guys have anything planned for people who bought it a couple of days before you decided to offer it for free? just curious.

        thank you!
        They said that they would issue a refund for the last payment so all good


        In going free, we’ll be issuing a pro-rated refund to current subscribers for their most recent month’s payment. And, everyone who has ever paid for a UE4 subscription will receive a $30 credit that can be spent in the Unreal Engine Marketplace.
        [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

        Comment


          Originally posted by HSbF6 View Post
          hi mods/epic;
          a quick question regarding subscriptions..

          I kinda talked my company into getting a UE4 subscription and they literally bought it like a day before it went free. I mean it was only $19 so obviously it's not a biggie at all, however, it is a little awkward lol.
          also they don't really have any need for a $30 marketplace voucher. are they transferable?
          do you guys have anything planned for people who bought it a couple of days before you decided to offer it for free? just curious.

          thank you!
          Absolutely!

          In the original post, this was mentioned:

          In going free, we’ll be issuing a pro-rated refund to current subscribers for their most recent month’s payment. And, everyone who has ever paid for a UE4 subscription will receive a $30 credit that can be spent in the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

          In regards to the marketplace credit, I do not believe these are transferable. However, you can contact accounts@unrealengine.com for further information.
          Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
          How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

          Comment


            Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
            Absolutely!

            In the original post, this was mentioned:

            In going free, we’ll be issuing a pro-rated refund to current subscribers for their most recent month’s payment. And, everyone who has ever paid for a UE4 subscription will receive a $30 credit that can be spent in the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

            In regards to the marketplace credit, I do not believe these are transferable. However, you can contact accounts@unrealengine.com for further information.
            Can we have our pro rated refund applied to our account for the marketplace?

            Comment


              Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
              Can we have our pro rated refund applied to our account for the marketplace?
              Edit: After some discussion it was determined that this would not be a possibility at this time with the refunds being sent out. However you are able to add the funds to your marketplace account after they have been returned to you if you wish to.
              Last edited by Adam Davis; 03-06-2015, 11:49 AM.
              Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

              Comment


                Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
                Edit: After some discussion it was determined that this would not be a possibility at this time with the refunds being sent out. However you are able to add the funds to your marketplace account after they have been returned to you if you wish to.
                Alright no problem

                I do intend to spend it on Your market place so you guys get my money either way

                Comment


                  hey guys,
                  thanks a lot for the answers! very cool. epic rules <3
                  Unreal Forum Thread
                  Allison Road on Twitter
                  Allison Road Facebook page

                  Comment


                    Epic changed world in day when UE4 came with source because it will insure that future 3D is in every person hands. I myself like to use UE more for cinematic shots.

                    I am sure there will come trolls who try to anger Epic, but just ignore them and think about future that there are more good things coming. It was good idea to create marketplace for UT4+UE4 stuff because this is futuristic way to earn money by content creators and by Epic. 5% of sales is very generous and Epic is worth everything. New era is beginning as of 2015.

                    I already suggested UE4 to local university if they need something to make in 3D.

                    Final word is if you do not like UE4+Epic philosophy then there are lot of engines in world.

                    When Tim Sweeney posted video then in beginning i listened and when i watched second time it was like sound of prophets talking from sky that UE4 is free.

                    Thank you EPIC again and i wish best for every Epic staff.
                    Last edited by AE_3DFX; 03-06-2015, 01:05 PM.
                    tox.chat - Skype alternative
                    blender.org - 3D suite

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post
                      Epic changed world in day when UE4 came with source because it will insure that future 3D is in every person hands. I myself like to use UE more for cinematic shots.

                      I am sure there will come trolls who try to anger Epic, but just ignore them and think about future that there are more good things coming. It was good idea to create marketplace for UT4+UE4 stuff because this is futuristic way to earn money by content creators and by Epic. 5% of sales is very generous and Epic is worth everything. New era is beginning as of 2015.

                      I already suggested UE4 to local university if they need something to make in 3D.

                      Final word is if you do not like UE4+Epic philosophy then there are lot of engines in world.

                      When Tim Sweeney posted video then in beginning i listened and when i watched second time it was like sound of prophets talking from sky that UE4 is free.

                      Thank you EPIC again and i wish best for every Epic staff.
                      This is gonna sound like a low blow but it's almost like they had a change of heart after CliffyB left. Not meant to sound insulting as Epic without CliffyB is different for sure, but in a very good way.

                      That's not to say CliffyB was bad, he had great ideas.

                      Comment


                        I was a little confused at first, but then it seemed to be true after all! Thank you big time!

                        On the welcome site it still states its 19$/m, might want to update that to prevent missing out on newcomers trying the engine for free.
                        https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/we...nreal-engine-4

                        Comment


                          Thank you! I am a teacher and my students/school wanted a course in game design. Now, I can add this course to 2015 - 2016 schedule because of the new direction UE4 is taking (UE4 is now free). Tim/UE4, Thank you - Schools across the county will take notice to this change and chose to work with UE4. PRIORITY NOTE: Tim/UE4, please focus on training. Beginner to advance so we can move even faster getting this out to our schools/students.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by BHUDSON View Post
                            PRIORITY NOTE: Tim/UE4, please focus on training. Beginner to advance so we can move even faster getting this out to our schools/students.
                            Or let the community help with training! It's the reason http://www.kitatus.co.uk exists :>

                            /SHAMELESSPLUG
                            KITATUS
                            "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

                            Comment


                              I got a Dollar back. Well I say thx for that dollar too. Though pro-rated sounded so... like more.. well sorry. Feel so greedy now. lol

                              Comment


                                In going free, we’ll be issuing a pro-rated refund to current subscribers for their most recent month’s payment. And, everyone who has ever paid for a UE4 subscription will receive a $30 credit that can be spent in the Unreal Engine Marketplace.
                                Yay, Seriusly...

                                When i saw UE4 is just $19 / month, i was like:



                                Thank you

                                (But you really could keep that $2 dollars, i am pretty sure the administration costs a lot more..)
                                Last edited by Azarus; 03-13-2015, 10:46 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X