Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Amazing

Wow i cant believe epic is doing this...

I want to cry of happines..

I believe 19 month was fair enough, and im just a hobbist...

Thank you, thank you very much epic..

You guys are awesome...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Timetravel.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1067484

Not only that, but Tim is a time-traveller... now we know his secret

This blew my mind. I was one of the lucky few who was given a free license until next year after the beta program, and I'd happily have paid triple the cost of the engine a month regardless. You guys <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello golgepapaz,

The 5% royalty was always there, we are removing the initial subscription fee. Also it may be worth noting that this only takes effect after the first $3,000 a quarter past the initial $3,000.

Make it a great day
    Last edited by Rudy Q; 03-02-2015, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OMG no words can describe how EPIC this is

Thank you !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by golgepapaz View Post
    So, it was no royalties and a subscription fee. And now it is royalties and no subscription fee. Did I get that right?. I think the former deal was better
    for the developers.
    No the royalties remain the same as they were before, just the subscription fee has been dropped.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mind blowing.......I can't say thanks enough. I hope I can give back somehow.....I'll have to figure it out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great move. and things can only get better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One thing that has me very excited about this is the modding community. Previously, if I released a UE4-based game, how would mods work? Would modders have to pay $19/mo/user in order to mod my game? Would I have to create my own editor tools and release those so modders could create mods without paying anything? It was murky.

But now, that's all gone! There's no subscription fee barrier for people to create mods to my game. That's pretty awesome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So, it was no royalties and a subscription fee. And now it is royalties and no subscription fee. Did I get that right?. I think the former deal was better
    for the developers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Honestly this is too much! $20 was a steal for the best engine. Your work is extremely appreciated and I hope moves like these pay back hugely in the future! This is much more than "doing the right thing" by any stretch!

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Interesting and a generous move ladies & gents. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you Chance , Tim & All Epic Staff for 30€ & Unreal Engine Free

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Man, this is nice... And I always thought that the monthly $19 was already a more-than-great deal, now you make it even better!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You guys are just...wow....I honestly thought $19 per month was an absolute bargain. You guys are incredible....Epic, some would say

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OH MY GOD! Thank you so much Tim and the whole team! This is one of the most exiting news ever!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X