Unreal Engine: Now Available to Everyone for Free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Epic, this is really a smart move from really experienced smart guys. With such initiative you even secured even more profits. There are so many devs still relectunt and heistating to use UE4, some even stopped their monthly subscriptions for personal reasons and I know some who stopped working on their projects because of that. Even those who who got subscriptions ended, and are still working on their games, they are using some old builds with their games for now and when they wnat to ship their games they have to get a last time subscription and this won't be enough for them to enjoy the latest features brought by the latest updates, well until it becomes free. Well you really facilitated the woek for all, now expect more skilled people to jump on the boat, which means more projects and more games to be released than before which can theorically increase your revenues. Really smart for you

I really like your new launcher design and I even got Fortnite thanks !

So do we expect you to release the engine on steam just like you released UDk on it?

Will also yout Github repository acces be free for all people too, and all your Partners github repositories which use your branch tooo?

Thansk again !

Edit: it seems only the Fortnite tab and not the ability to play it !

Edit 2 : Marketplace for UT lol !
    Last edited by Nudlegaru; 03-02-2015, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CNKIT View Post
    epic, when i thought you had maxed out my love for you, you pull this stunt. imma gonna fly to your HQ and make all of you cupcakes!
    I approve

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh no ..... I liked giving you my money!

Epic News from an Epic company. I have never seen such a big company doing so much good for its customers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Blimey, I've only been subbed a month and now I get that back, plus $30 for the marketplace? You guys are nuts, but in the best possible way.

The only potential negative is the forums being hit by the same novice questions over and over for a short while, but I'm happy with that if it means a bigger user base and a slightly heavier wallet.

Marvellous stuff, folks. You're the greatest.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You guys are just way too awesome. 5% for this incredible engine is more than fair.
    Thank you so much!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DotCam View Post
    No the royalties remain the same as they were before, just the subscription fee has been dropped.
    Eh my bad, since I have to work with Unity nowadays (contrary to what I want!!) I totally forgot about it. Then it's a grab fellas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    super - worth it even with the subscription

100% happy with the way this is going.

potted about with unreal & udk for years, just wish I'd lingered longer and not gone to mobile....

Really hope this doesn't affect the roadmap though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    epic, when i thought you had maxed out my love for you, you pull this stunt. imma gonna fly to your HQ and make all of you cupcakes!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    edit - nm reread.

I kinda stumped for words ....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Super, for Ukraine 19$ is to much(jut for learn it) but now!!!!.....i am happy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow! This is certainly a great thing to wake up to! I love using UE4, so this is fantastic news! More money to spend on marketplace items wooohoo!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wait, for real?......what else can I say, you are amazing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm speechless. Epic pushes the bar even higher at a time when you think they've already outmatched all competitors with their tremendous offering.

All I can say is, THANK YOU EPIC! Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a great thing you guys are doing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Simply amazing. And I thought at 19 bucks a month it was still a steal of a deal. Pleasant surprise when I just updated my launcher, saw some changes and decided to come to the forum to see what was up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X