Unreal Engine: Now Available to Everyone for Free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oh and hey - anyone want to buy some Unreal Engine Month Codes from the Game Jam for cheap? LOL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm a newly registered user, what can I say... thanks Epic! This news made my day, actually my month
    Now, I hate to be the super noob of the situation but... can I already install the thing? Because I've downloaded and installed the launcher, but in the Unreal Engine tab there's just a "No Engine Installed" button and I can't seem to get the option to download T_T

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow didn't except that all.

$19 USD wasn't that bad at all

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx so much, love you guys <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic, you guys are amazing. I can't wait to see where it goes from here!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While I didn't mind paying a measly $19 a month to have access to the engine - FREE is even better! You guys are amazing! Hopefully your servers don't crash from the activity that's about to slam them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great move. I am happy I have moved to UE4 at the moment I saw it.

thks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Now I have found words to actually write this. It's not only about UE4 being free now, nor the Dev Grant. But it's really everything behind or around Epic Games. If you find "community love" in the dictionary you will see a reference to Epic Games. Truly amazing what you guys are doing here with the forums, and everything around it. It's such a charm working with UE4 and most importantly working together with this kick*** community. Word!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm speachless, but none the less, thank you epic for this, this just blows my mind and im glad you could pull this off, it can really show upstarts like myself just how a professional game is made, thank you so much for this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is UNREAL. I dont understand how you can do this but I am simply amazed. After a short leave I was about to come back and resub. Then I got the email today. Just... WOW... Thank you so much EPIC!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im just.. really? Might be I not anymore good in my mind. Free? Just the royalty? And a 30 € gift?

Really?

Thank you all very much @ Epic!

Originally posted by Rudy Triplett View Post
    Hello Mark McCartney,

You should be receiving an email if you have not already. In this email you will see something alone the lines of the following.

"If you have paid for a subscription on or after January 30th, you will receive a pro-rated refund for your latest month's payment after March 12th. You'll continue to receive all future updates for free."

Make it a great day
    Really? I paid on 1st of February for the last time. So thats the 30 € gift or do you even pay out more??

Where does all that money come from? No don't answer that. Its all well earned, that you even share it with people is just.. awesome? In both meanings of that word.

I mean, yea the ECB is going to print 1 trillion euros, but you are Americans right?

*drool*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And I here was thinking about resubbing to get the 4.7 update. Instead I get it for free and 30$ to use on the marketplace, amazing EPIC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm still speechless...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NO WAY!

UNREAL FTW!!
    WooooooooHooooooooooooo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing, thank you so much Epic!!

I think i might redirect those extra $$ to a Maya LT license now.. :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X