No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine: Now Available to Everyone for Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I came onto the forums to see why I have a balance and found out that Unreal Engine is now free! That's awesome! Thanks Epic. I also like the friend feature you added to the launcher, I like it.
    Isaac Nichols
    Game Developer & Music Producer - Threaded Pixel Studios
    Currently working on Drones & Ruins a Sci-Fi twin-stick shooter.

Comment

Shouldn't we make a thread regarding the problems regarding installation? Unless it's just a server problem.

Comment

About the kids and or financially unstable: Its nit reslly about kids, per se. Its about maturity levels. What annoys me, tbh, isnt an 8 year old asking a question. Its when an 8 year old says, "omgz, i downliaded this and it wont let me make a game thsts better than call of duty with 2 clicks. This engine sucks."

Btw.. I know people that are 20-30 years old who are 8 years old in their maturity level. The reverse is also true.
        WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
        World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
        WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

This is too good to be true.
          I just got UE4 last weekend free as a student, but now I don't even have to be a student anymore and still get it for free!
          That's just amazing!
          Thanks a lot!

p.s. Hello everybody!
          My good old UnrealScript IDE for Sublime Text 2 / 3. Not very useful for UE4

Comment

FKing Epic ....

(Not that I minded paying the money myself)

Comment

My first thought was picturing an educational program written for children, something historic that children have player characters to interact with the environment... when a horde of Skaarj run through an attack anything not nailed down~!

Of course, that could just be me.

This all sounds unbelievably cool; first heard about it on ut99.org and they're still in shock over there.
              Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

i´ve downloaded the unreal laucher but i can´t install the engine all it says is ´´No Engine Instaled`` but it doesn´t let me install it,help please.

Comment

Go to Library, you can download it from there Maggo; I had same problem

Comment

Welcome new guys. Make sure you search first and follow the tutorials on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by The Britain View Post
                      I really wish you all didn't do this, and I'm not just complaining to complain.

- The price point was an minimum entry barrier. It kept floods and floods of 10 year old kids from the forums. (Perhaps this will be a non-issue.)
                      - I really want to support Epic. I believe this engine is the best out there, and $19 was nothing to support one of the few companies I love.
                      - I want to believe development will keep up at the same rapid pace, but I feel bad putting in any request or giving any negative feedback when the engine cost nothing at all.

Thanks for the wonderful gift, but don't shoot yourselves in the foot.
                      ****, haha. Didn't think about that . I'm sure they'll find ways to solve some of those issues though.
                      And your right. Feels bad to complain about something now...AND DON'T GO BANKRUPT ON US! We need you!
                      Joseph C. - 3D Artist
                      http://www.vertexhero.com/

Comment

LOVE IT EPIC!! Thankyou guys for everything!

Edit: Also I can't wait to watch this place grow even more. Love this community!

Comment

Quite the shocker to find out of this "Epic" news. Much appreciated indeed. Get out the cold ones and celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortuna View Post
                            Thank you Epic. I'm a bit dissapointed about the Unity community which come up with some conspiracies what dark intentions are behind this step.
                            Ha ha, well, we'll see how everyone reacts when Unity announces tomorrow that Unity 5 will include all Pro features with the exact same free with royalties option (or pay for the existing royalty-free license). Dark conspiracies indeed.

Comment

I absolutely love this!...But is there a donate button somewhere? I feel bad having such a wonderful engine for free. I'd like to give every once in a while.
                              Joseph C. - 3D Artist
                              http://www.vertexhero.com/

Comment

chuck norris approve this

cant wait to give you 5%
                                https://twitter.com/InnerDriveGames

https://www.facebook.com/danceoflifegame

Comment

Working...
                                X