X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rama View Post
    Collections in 4.7

Thank you for 4.7 Epic!!!

I see collections listed along the top now, but how do I add a new collection?

Also can I get the old collection view back where it is below the main content file listing?

I dont understand the new setup.

Here's a pic of what I mean:

Rama
    Hey Rama!
    You can bring back collections via "View Options" button in bottom-right corner of Content browser!
    It's have not been changed, just hidden by default(Dunno why)
    SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
    Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Ah, okay, dang.
      I'm guessing if I were to set BoxComponent as blueprintable and make a BP subclass of it, that class wouldn't work in somebody's content-only project right now? Wanting to do it for a Marketplace thing :P
      Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
      Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
      |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
        Hey Rama!
        You can bring back collections via "View Options" button in bottom-right corner of Content browser!
        It's have not been changed, just hidden by default(Dunno why)
        Thank youuuuuuu zeOrb!

You just made my day!

Rama
        100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
          Ah, okay, dang.
          I'm guessing if I were to set BoxComponent as blueprintable and make a BP subclass of it, that class wouldn't work in somebody's content-only project right now? Wanting to do it for a Marketplace thing :P
          Sorry, that's correct. Things like box component are almost certainly safe/sane but we didn't have time to vet every individual component for this release and went with just the core ones that got a lot of testing.

If it were a mixed C++ and BP thing, you could subclass box component first in C++ and add the tag there, and that would be fine.

Cheers,
          Michael Noland

Comment

Yeah, the only reason that's not ideal for me is it's for something I want to distribute via Marketplace so it can't have a C++ requirement. Although it kind of looks like those Feature Packs might be a step in the direction of allowing C++ on the marketplace?
            Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
            Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
            |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Thank You Epic for 4.7 , it's really cool !

I am wrong or Quick Setting => Hide Viewport UI checkbox doesn't work ?
              Please where is Enable or Disable Realtime checkbox now ? I don't see it within quick Setting ?

I opened LandscapeMountains , i have big artefact because All BP_Birds & all P_DistantBirds_Cheap_BluePrint

Last edited by ChrisTm; 02-25-2015, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
                Yeah, the only reason that's not ideal for me is it's for something I want to distribute via Marketplace so it can't have a C++ requirement. Although it kind of looks like those Feature Packs might be a step in the direction of allowing C++ on the marketplace?
                I don't have any hard dates, but the limitation of content-only assets on the marketplace is something we want to eliminate as soon as possible.

The feature packs aren't strictly related, they are really more to provide flexibility with templates/etc..., so you don't feel locked in by choosing a control scheme up front and can mix and match if you wanted to have a spaceship section and a 3rd person section for example. They can be used for many other things, but they're not really a replacement for plugins as the asset packs are cloned into your project, making updates difficult.

Cheers,
                Michael Noland

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by erWilly View Post
                  I did download 4.7 right now, but It missing now in the launcher...
                  note: I have this folder with 11 gigas C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\VaultCache\UE_4.7
                  Hey erWilly,,

Are you still having this issue? We are trying to track down the cause of it currently, if possible could you please post a screenshot showing of the contents of this folder: "C:\ProgramData\Epic\EpicGamesLauncher\Data\Manifests"

If you are not able to find the ProgramData folder, click on the "View" menu/tab at the top of Windows Explorer and open up the Options menu. From the popup that opens select the View tab, and then change the option for "Hidden files and folders" to "Show hidden files, folders, drives", and press Ok. You should now see ProgramData in the list of folders on your main drive.

Just post the screenshot here (or PM me with it) and I will make sure it gets passed on to the staff working on this issue.

Thanks!
                  Sorry delay I went to sleep.
                  Here is the screenshot with the manifest folder
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1af1upl3b...47_01.JPG?dl=0

After you have done that, try closing the launcher and reloading, if that doesn't fix it please let me know
                  Still Happen, even after of turn on and off the pc, as you can see:
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ynurq2qp1...47_02.JPG?dl=0

The 4.7 is missing for download or launch.

Comment

Thank you Epic, for this release!!
                    Lets Measure It
                    Blueprints to measure distances, area's, circumferences and routes/paths. Check out the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ets-measure-it

Comment

Wow ... that is a monster amount of changes. Thank you Epic ... you are Epic ... 8-}

Okay lame ... but I am grateful for the release.
                      Quinton Delpeche
                      Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

I'm excited about the new HTML 5 functionality

In the release notes it says "Firefox, Safari, or 64-bit Chrome is required during development (shipping builds work fine in 32-bit Chrome)".
                        If you have one of these browsers during the development of the game, does anyone know if the shipped HTML5 version of a game will work in Windows Internet Explorer 9 ?

Regards,
                        Morten

Comment

Originally posted by mortengu View Post
                          I'm excited about the new HTML 5 functionality

In the release notes it says "Firefox, Safari, or 64-bit Chrome is required during development (shipping builds work fine in 32-bit Chrome)".
                          If you have one of these browsers during the development of the game, does anyone know if the shipped HTML5 version of a game will work in Windows Internet Explorer 9 ?

Regards,
                          Morten
                          It will not work. IE 11 is the first Internet Explorer that has any real WebGL support, and unfortunately something about IE's interpretation or optimization of Emscripten generated JS causes incredibly long load times (IIRC it was on the order of 5 minutes for Tappy Chicken). Microsoft just announced that they would be considering asm.js support in Windows 10 though: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2...indows-10.aspx

Cheers,
                          Michael Noland

Comment

Ok, thanks !

Comment

Holy ****, what a behemoth of an update! Thank you Epic!
                              ArtStation

Comment

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...nts/index.html

Sorry but component types links are broken here.

Comment

Working...
                                X