Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanielW View Post
    Make sure your engine scalability settings in the editor are all set to Epic. Also make a global post process volume (check Unbound) and you can control the SSR quality. The default is medium quality for good performance.
    Thanks DanielW, i didn't realize my settings were reset. Another small problem that i'm not sure if i should ask here or not but, installing emscripten, restarting both launcher and editor doesn't give me HTML5 option on launch button. And there is other problem i mentioned above about saving levels with actors with blueprintable components on scene.

Comment

No special constructors needed! Your class constructors no longer need to take an Object Initializer argument.
      Could we get a syntax example on this? I take this means we no longer have to change GENERATD_BODY() to GENERATED_UCLASS_BODY() to use custom constructors? Is just adding a AMyClass::AMyClass() {} enough now?

EDIT:

New: Added ability to reference actors by name in Blutilities
      Unless something changed now from preview 7, Blutilities don't work at all, they've been completely broken for a while now. :|
      Last edited by DamirH; 02-24-2015, 10:28 PM.
      [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
        Why am I no longer able to use delays in Macros?? Since there is no "While Loop With Delay" I made one myself, but now that's no longer possible? You always said you just don't put any flow control with delay into the engine because we could just make such macros our self, but now you also disabled the possibility??
        It looks like macros with delay nodes aren't place-able in component based blueprints. Is that what you're seeing?

Edit: more precisely, if your macro library is using Actor as it's Parent Class it's macros can't be used in component blueprints.
        Last edited by Dan.OConnor; 02-24-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
          I hoped your blueprint cycle dependency fixes would fix this, but I have still one blueprint which is always "dirty" after compiling. I click compile, it compiles without errors or warnings, but it's still not really compiled. How could I fix this?
          Improved detection of dirty won't be done until 4.9 at the earliest. You can safely ignore the dirty state, although we know how annoying and potentially confusing it is. It's risky to fix safely, as being erroneously clean is worse than being erroneously dirty (the former means a wasted CPU time in some cases, the latter means errors can go undetected).

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
            Could we get a syntax example on this? I take this means we no longer have to change GENERATD_BODY() to GENERATED_UCLASS_BODY() to use custom constructors? Is just adding a AMyClass::AMyClass() {} enough now?
            Example Syntax
            Youtube
            Machine Learning C++ Plugin
            Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Dan.OConnor View Post
              It looks like macros with delay nodes aren't place-able in component based blueprints. Is that what you're seeing?
              I see I cannot place a delay in a macro in a blueprint of type "macro library". So nothing with components.

Originally posted by Dan.OConnor View Post
              Improved detection of dirty won't be done until 4.9 at the earliest. You can safely ignore the dirty state, although we know how annoying and potentially confusing it is. It's risky to fix safely, as being erroneously clean is worse than being erroneously dirty (the former means a wasted CPU time in some cases, the latter means errors can go undetected).

If I hit play it always says "there is an error and blueprint could not be compiled: xyz" or something like that. I know I can just ignore it and everything works like it should, but it is annoying.
              Then what exactly do you have improved in 4.7? Where are the "cycle dependency improvements"? I compile one blueprint, and as a result another gets dirty. Then I compile the dirty blueprint, and the first one gets dirty again. Isn't this what should be fixed?
              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Just a reminder. New documentation for component types links in components overview web page doesn't work.
                Last edited by theknoppix; 02-24-2015, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
                  Thank you very much.

EDIT:

Automatic World Origin Rebasing based on distance from local player now shifts the origin only in the XY plane
                  Is there a reason for this change? I feel that open world games with e.g. both tall mountains and underwater regions (i.e. huge shifts in the Z direction) benefit from the old behavior.
                  Last edited by DamirH; 02-24-2015, 11:06 PM.
                  [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

I like this release. My project seemed to get a nice performance boost. I'm actually getting 60 FPS most of the time now. It caused a minor glitch in my dialog system where all the options were displayed even if they didn't exist. Fortunately it was easy enough to fix and I spent more time cleaning up my wires than I actually did fixing it. In the end I think the hidden setting got reset to visible somehow.
                    Strife - 1996 - Remake

Comment

I may be missing somethin', but I'm wondering whether you can create a new blueprint component type based on an existing component type, ie: myboxcomponent extends boxcomponent would be a boxcomponent with some extra thing in its graph?
                      Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                      Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                      |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Originally posted by awilliams1701 View Post
                        I like this release.
                        I don't really like this release I can't get my project running in 4.7 (crashes on startup). I think Epic should have made some more preview releases and they should not have added new features in preview 6 or 7...
                        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Do we still need to have the full Engine source downloaded for html5 projects as mentioned here? The release notes page made it sound like Empscripten and restarting the editor was all that was needed. I don't see my browsers showing up under the launch menu.
                          CTO Villusion Studios
                          Grad Student in Interactive Design and Game Development, SCAD
                          company site: http://www.villusionstudios.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
                            I may be missing somethin', but I'm wondering whether you can create a new blueprint component type based on an existing component type, ie: myboxcomponent extends boxcomponent would be a boxcomponent with some extra thing in its graph?
                            In general, yes. For box components specifically? Not yet. We're kind of 'soft-launching' the Blueprintable components functionality, so we marked only UActorComponent and USceneComponent as Blueprintable for 4.7. In future releases we'll test and roll out the ability to BP subclass more types of components (including making sure they've got a good BP API to work with). I just marked UCameraComponent as Blueprintable for 4.8 for example

You can mark any of your own custom C++ components with Blueprintable in their UCLASS() declaration if you want to be able to subclass them in the editor though.

Cheers,
                            Michael Noland

Comment

Oh my...
                              4.8.0 will be released when I finally finish reading all those 4.7.0 release notes)))
                              Tim S.
                              Familio Games

Comment

Collections in 4.7

Thank you for 4.7 Epic!!!

I see collections listed along the top now, but how do I add a new collection?

~~~

Making a New Collection

I see I can click on "Choose Path" and my older collections are listed, but again, how do I make a new one?

~~~

Old Collection View

Also can I get the old collection view back where it is below the main content file listing?

Here's a pic of what I mean:

Rama
                                Last edited by Rama; 02-25-2015, 01:04 AM.
                                100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Working...
                                X