No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And i've got very weird pixelation on my screen space reflections. It was not there on 4.6.1. Is there any known issue about this or i should try it with blank project and report?

Comment

Originally posted by erWilly View Post
      I did download 4.7 right now, but It missing now in the launcher...
      note: I have this folder with 11 gigas C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\VaultCache\UE_4.7

Im having the same problem .. this is annoying
      I am trying with the "repair" option after "verify", now is verifying again -.- ... hope this fix the problem
      pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Originally posted by erWilly View Post
        I did download 4.7 right now, but It missing now in the launcher...
        note: I have this folder with 11 gigas C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\VaultCache\UE_4.7
        Hey erWilly,,

Are you still having this issue? We are trying to track down the cause of it currently, if possible could you please post a screenshot showing of the contents of this folder: "C:\ProgramData\Epic\EpicGamesLauncher\Data\Manifests"

If you are not able to find the ProgramData folder, click on the "View" menu/tab at the top of Windows Explorer and open up the Options menu. From the popup that opens select the View tab, and then change the option for "Hidden files and folders" to "Show hidden files, folders, drives", and press Ok. You should now see ProgramData in the list of folders on your main drive.

Just post the screenshot here (or PM me with it) and I will make sure it gets passed on to the staff working on this issue.

After you have done that, try closing the launcher and reloading, if that doesn't fix it please let me know

Thanks!
        Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

I'm stunned!

Can I order a pizza or something for you epic guys and girls ?

I'll need the whole day to read all the release notes
          VR Shooter Guns - Arcade Shooter for Vive
          Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
          Hands for VR: Basic - For Vive and Oculus [Marketplace]
          Hands for VR: SciFi - For HTC Vive and Oculus Touch [Marketplace]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
            Im having the same problem .. this is annoying
            I am trying with the "repair" option after "verify", now is verifying again -.- ... hope this fix the problem
            Can you also please take a screenshot of the folder as outlined in my post above? You can post it here or PM me either way.

Thank you!
            Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Noland View Post
              [edit] It's possible you're still getting the error incorrectly though. If it is preventing you from modifying values in the component (as opposed to the component pointer itself), then that's not intended.

Ah, just saw you edited your post. Yes, it prevents me from modifying values of the component in a function because I can't pass the component by reference. So it's not intended?
              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

When I click Install 4.7 does not start downloading. Nothing happens. Is there an issue with the installer?
                Last edited by Venged; 02-24-2015, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Wow thats a long update list. Good job!

-The launcher just crashed while downloading 4.7
                  Last edited by Steve_T; 02-24-2015, 07:39 PM.
                  | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                    Can you also please take a screenshot of the folder as outlined in my post above? You can post it here or PM me either way.

Thank you!
                    Sure, here you have, thanks you!

EDIT: ( The image is to large, i send you a PM).

EDIT2: Just want to let you know that i fix the problem deleting the UE_4.7 folder from the launcher/VaultCache directory and re download the 4.7 version again
                    Last edited by Alexarg; 02-25-2015, 08:03 AM.
                    pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Now tooltips pops up every time I hover over node. How can I disable this? It's annoying and distracting me

Comment

That's great news, and much more stuff than I expected!

I am just a bit worried that issues in 4.7 preview 8 are still not fixed, and I can't wait for 4.7.1

Also, I have a toy project that I started with 4.7 preview 3 and that simply refuses to open (the editor simply does not open) That's a bit disheartening

Comment

Amazing work as usual. Will there be some documentation up for the AI Perception System (and component) soon? Thanks and keep up the amazingly "unreal" work!

Comment

And i've got very weird pixelation on my screen space reflections. It was not there on 4.6.1. Is there any known issue about this or i should try it with blank project and report?
                            Make sure your engine scalability settings in the editor are all set to Epic. Also make a global post process volume (check Unbound) and you can control the SSR quality. The default is medium quality for good performance.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                              Ah, just saw you edited your post. Yes, it prevents me from modifying values of the component in a function because I can't pass the component by reference. So it's not intended?
                              Hi John,
                              We will be investigating this more, as we do believe your running into an unintended issue.
                              This is a side effect of an intended change however which we believe to be valid so we need to determine the correct path to ensure we get to a good place.

We have created a reproduction we believe is representative of your problem.
                              We are tracking the bug in UE-10800.

Thank you for reporting this.

For anybody running into this issue, as John pointed out in an earlier post you can work around it by moving the DestroyComponent() or other calls generating such an error into the caller (the blueprint that owns the component)

Comment

Why am I no longer able to use delays in Macros?? Since there is no "While Loop With Delay" I made one myself, but now that's no longer possible? You always said you just don't put any flow control with delay into the engine because we could just make such macros our self, but now you also disabled the possibility??
                                Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                                Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Working...
                                X