Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy expletive, Batman!

Haven't checked the preview releases at all (that's just the way I am) so this is like being hit by an avalanche followed by a tsunami and a semi-decent earthquake, but, you know, in a good way... erm. Yeah.

Socks blown off.

Comment

I thought you actually needed to do a significant contribution to get on the contributors list, I just fixed a single typo

But thanks, glad to have helped!

Comment

Amazing huge update as always. Soooo many great changes and additions!

And, oh well, I thoug UE-9829 was already fixed. Will take a look as soon as I backup my whole pipeline and projects
        | Finite State Machine | Savior | USQLite | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

YAAAAY, finally

Comment

Originally posted by pixelvspixel View Post
            Hahaha, I've wondered how many other people this bugged.
            Yes! Makes worlds of difference...

Comment

Originally posted by pedro_clericuzzi View Post
              Is that a challenge? I look forward to blowing 4.7 up with my 4.5.1 project.
              Please do! We're committed to rooting out any and all bugs here so let us know if you manage to run into issues.

Comment

*twitch* Finally hopefully all the issues that plagued us in 4.6 are gone now! *Happy dance*
                Demented owner and founder of NeoSpawn Games
                Current Project: Project Yami (place holder title) Next-Gen Fighter using UE4
                FanPage: www.facebook.com/NeoSpawnGames
                Official(under construction): www.neospawngames.net
                Personal FB: http://www.facebook.com/Keiyentai
                LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/Keiyentai

Comment

I always built the engine source alongside my project.

How can I take advantage of the PDB files now delivered with 4.7?

Once I install the new engine, I just regenerate my VS project , targeting the freshly installed 4.7 version, and I just run the editor from within VS like I used to do before?

Thanks
                  My game dev blog : http://www.emidee.net/

Comment

I really dislike the new blueprint UI Is there any way I can go back to the old UI?
                    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

In engine animation editor!!! Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                        Known Issues for 4.7.0

UE-6988 Game does not gain focus when launching
                        I reported this bug when preview 1 was released so I was pretty bummed when I read that it was not fixed in the final release
                        But I did a few tests and it seems like you guys actually fixed it but just forgot to remove it from the bug list
                        You guys are... EPIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoubi View Post
                          How can I take advantage of the PDB files now delivered with 4.7? Once I install the new engine, I just regenerate my VS project , targeting the freshly installed 4.7 version, and I just run the editor from within VS like I used to do before?
                          Yes, that's pretty much it. Full source browsing and engine debug symbols should work out of the box. Simply recompile your project and hit Debug.

--Mike

Comment

I hoped your blueprint cycle dependency fixes would fix this, but I have still one blueprint which is always "dirty" after compiling. I click compile, it compiles without errors or warnings, but it's still not really compiled. How could I fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                              Amazing huge update as always. Soooo many great changes and additions!

And, oh well, I thoug UE-9829 was already fixed. Will take a look as soon as I backup my whole pipeline and projects
                              Guys, 9829 is fixed.
                              However I see a non listed bug on updated project now: child actor components of Blueprints created on 4.6 lose reference to class used as child. Need to manually re-assign the class to the child field in the Blueprint editor.

Also that annoying warning about "externally referenced packages" is still there.
                              | Finite State Machine | Savior | USQLite | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Also, I get some errors with "read only variables". In many blueprints I get the error "cannot pass a read-only variable to a reference parameter". The "variable" is a box collision component and it worked very well in 4.6.1 and 4.5.

Comment

Working...
                                X