Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malcriado View Post
    Can someone please tell where can i get UE source code?
    There is nothing here, https://github.com/EpicGames
    please, is the third time i ask about this without getting response. I need to get the source code for working with leap motion.
    Thanks in advance.
    F.
    You need to have registered an account on GitHub ... please see the instructions here: HOW DO I ACCESS UNREAL ENGINE 4 C++ SOURCE CODE VIA GITHUB?
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Hi, qdelpeche,
      i´m already registered, just didn´t realized i had to accept Epic´s invitation. My bad! Thanks a lot.
      https://vimeo.com/395997583

Comment

Will 9829 ever be fixed on 4.7?
        It doesn't exist on previous engines... I'm sure you guys understand that your engine is a broken product when there are bugs like that preventing users from upgrading.
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
          It doesn't exist on previous engines... I'm sure you guys understand that your engine is a broken product when there are bugs like that preventing users from upgrading.
          Yeah, the way how (when) epic fixes bugs is really not professional.
          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hi BrUnO XaVIeR,

UE-9829 is fixed in our internal build and is slated for the 4.8 release. As has been mentioned before, hotfixes are intended specifically to address critical crashes that affect many users. If an error affects a large number of users, but is not a crash, it may end up in a hotfix if there is time to add it in, however this is not guaranteed.

Edit: After familiarizing myself more with the specific JIRA in question, it turns out that Tim Hobson has already addressed this on an answerhub post here:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ysmatfrom.html

The blocker you are seeing is not a blocking bug so much as an error in communicating what is needed for it to work. When returning Physical Materials, you must set "bReturnMaterialOnMove" to true. This was not clarified in the description when you hoovered over the output pin. The "accessed none" error is too far down the chain of events to clarify exactly what occurred, however, as Tim pointed out in the link:

The resolution for this was making a more descriptive message when hovering over the node. This now indicates that the "bReturnMaterialOnMove" needs to be enabled via the details panel.

This setting is already available in 4.7. The only thing that has been updated is the description which now reads:

Please try the above steps and see if that fixes your error so you can continue forward.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Adam Davis; 04-16-2015, 02:45 PM.
            Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

is there a new update next week ?
              ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
              GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Originally posted by Vahid View Post
                is there a new update next week ?
                Hi Vahid,

We are considering a fix for one specific, major crash. Unfortunately I do not have a timeframe of when this will be made available.
                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Hey guys, im loving BLUEPRINTABLE COMPONENTS!
                  Is there plans to allow access to more component types, i currently have a UBoxComponent that i would love to be able to make blueprints out of.
                  Thanks!
                  JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
                    Hi BrUnO XaVIeR,

UE-9829 is fixed in our internal build and is slated for the 4.8 release. As has been mentioned before, hotfixes are intended specifically to address critical crashes that affect many users. If an error affects a large number of users, but is not a crash, it may end up in a hotfix if there is time to add it in, however this is not guaranteed.

Edit: After familiarizing myself more with the specific JIRA in question, it turns out that Tim Hobson has already addressed this on an answerhub post here:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ysmatfrom.html

The blocker you are seeing is not a blocking bug so much as an error in communicating what is needed for it to work. When returning Physical Materials, you must set "bReturnMaterialOnMove" to true. This was not clarified in the description when you hoovered over the output pin. The "accessed none" error is too far down the chain of events to clarify exactly what occurred, however, as Tim pointed out in the link:

Please try the above steps and see if that fixes your error so you can continue forward.

Do you mean we have to activate that for every actor now?! Because I've done that on Characters when I was using 4.7 and had no results...
                    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Hi Vahid,

We are considering a fix for one specific, major crash. Unfortunately I do not have a timeframe of when this will be made available.
                      Thanks for your answer , my internet connection is slow and currently i using 4.7.3 but i decide to update to new version if new update will release soon i can wait for that ....
                      ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
                      GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Do you mean we have to activate that for every actor now?! Because I've done that on Characters when I was using 4.7 and had no results...
                        No, the bReturnMaterialOnMove should only have to be turned on on the blueprint that is moving and attempting to find the physical material. However, if you are moving on landscapes there was a separate bug reported that has been fixed and scheduled for 4.8. If you are moving on BSP's they are hollow and do not properly return traces due to this. It may work if you put a blocking volume inside the BSP but I have not tested this myself so I cannot guarantee results until I've had time to test it one way or the other.

Comment

Hi guys, In App Purchase system will be specified in 4.8?? We're getting too many troubles to get this working on our project. Having a tutorial to implement this and running correctly on iOS and Android would be extremely good guys!!
                          Last edited by BaekIronFist; 04-20-2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know if the TCP close() issue has been fixed in newer releases since 4.7.3? An example of the problem can be found here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...r-restart.html I've also submitted a bug report.

Comment

UPDATE!

The 4.7.6 Hotfix is now live! This hotfix resolves a critical issue for Mac users who crash on startup. This Hotfix is not necessary to download for users developing on Windows

If you experience a bug with the 4.7.6 Hotfix, please remember to log a bug report for the issue on the UE4 AnswerHub to the Bug Reports section.

Fixed in 4.7.6

UE-13664 MAC: Crash on startup
                              Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 04-20-2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

UPDATE!

The 4.7.6 Hotfix is now live! This hotfix resolves a critical issue for Mac users who crash on startup. This Hotfix is not necessary to download for users developing on Windows

If you experience a bug with the 4.7.6 Hotfix, please remember to log a bug report for the issue on the UE4 AnswerHub to the Bug Reports section.

Fixed in 4.7.6

UE-13664 MAC: Crash on startup
                                Ok chaps....update description above is VERY modest - whatever you guys fixed made my projects FPS jump from 20 to 60 - Editor is now rocking on Mac book pro! THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X