Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by themcpanda View Post
    has anyone figured out how to make dlc with the unreal engine yet or is it still hopeless?
    I would like to know about this as well. Sadly I am considering getting unity to see if it does this and other things that I can get no answers for with UE4.
    Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Why are you caring about DLCs at the moment? Until you have finished your games there will surely be a nice perfect way to handle DLCs in UE4 And before you finished your games you don't really have to think about this. Or just don't think about DLCs in general but just do something like standalone DLCs.
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

True gamers hates DLC.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
          Why are you caring about DLCs at the moment? Until you have finished your games there will surely be a nice perfect way to handle DLCs in UE4 And before you finished your games you don't really have to think about this. Or just don't think about DLCs in general but just do something like standalone DLCs.
          Because before you even start with actual game play code, you need to have all the other stuff down. Why bother to work hard to make a game, if in the end, you can not run a dedicated server, if you can not set up a master server to serve all the dedicated servers, if you can not allow others to add custom maps that are automatically downloaded (DLC)? If making a multiplayer game, these are IMPORTANT.
          Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

You can add custom maps without any problem, as far as I know. I would not call this DLC. I know, it's downloadable content, but generally speaking of DLCs there is usually meant a bit more than just one map. You know, stuff that actually changes the game exe.
            Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
            Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
              You can add custom maps without any problem, as far as I know. I would not call this DLC. I know, it's downloadable content, but generally speaking of DLCs there is usually meant a bit more than just one map. You know, stuff that actually changes the game exe.
              I have not found anything about how it is done with a simple map, either to add it in so it is seen, or transfer it.

Of course this would apply to mods, if a server is running a mod and you connect, it should be auto downloaded. But again, have so far not seen how this is accomplished.

Comment

Hey folks,

This thread isn't the ideal location to discuss DLC, but there is some information available about the plans and handling of DLC here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...c-support.html (note, you may need to click a + symbol on one of the comments to see its response)

The information was originally written in January so some aspects may be changed now.

If you want to continue the DLC discussion, please begin a new forum thread, or post specific questions on the AnswerHub.

Cheers
                Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Stephen, have tried that, and always receive zero response. Guess we aren't allowed to discuss features of the engine in a thread about the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMonday View Post
                    I'm pretty sure I had the latest version of the launcher
                    I opened it to launch the editor and then the update for 4.7.3 showed up. ^^
                    However, instead of "updating to 4.7.4", it said "downloading 4.7.3".
                    No big deal, it was downloading 4.7.4 anyway and it's working fine, thanks Epic!
                    Yes, long time , i say that launcher is a pain , bad version update , corrupted file , UE4 broken etc.. Now , i try to restart launch until i see good version before update everything .

Comment

Originally posted by arbopa View Post
                      Stephen, have tried that, and always receive zero response. Guess we aren't allowed to discuss features of the engine in a thread about the engine.
                      I just mean that any specific discussion is best in its own dedicated thread. Sorry we didn't spot your previous inquiries into DLC.

Comment

UPDATE!

The 4.7.5 Hotfix is now live! It contains a few critical crash fixes.

If you experience a bug with the 4.7.5 Hotfix, please remember to log a bug report for the issue on the UE4 AnswerHub to the Bug Reports section.

Fixed in 4.7.5

UE-13250 Multiplayer Shootout project sample crashes on start
                        UE-13274 Projects crashing on launch after converting from 4.7.3 to 4.7.4
                        UE-11828 HydroErosion on landscape crashes on Linux
                        Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 04-08-2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I've been reading the Multiplayer Shootout docs for a while as I was very interested in the project example but couldn't run it, so I'm glad I'll finally get to actually use it.

Hopefully this might also fix all the networking blueprint issues some people have been having since 4.7.4 too.

Comment

Great! Thanks for the quick fix! It's very much appreciated.

Comment

What about the Media Player Problem in Launch Mode?
                              Has it been Fixed? Or better, when will it be Fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by ThaFreakzta View Post
                                What about the Media Player Problem in Launch Mode?
                                Has it been Fixed? Or better, when will it be Fixed?
                                I am interested in hearing any fixes to the Media player problems also

Comment

Working...
                                X