Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickDangerous View Post
    Is Oculus v0.5.0 SDK supported in UE4.7.4 ?
    I would also like to know when 0.5.0 will be added, any update?

Comment

Hi All.
      I got problem with new update And new update.
      I dont know download which one Version .
      when finish download 4.7.3 , New Version Up Coming 4.7.4 and I Cant Use Version 4.7.3 until Download Version 4.7.4.Please Help Me?

Comment

I think every minor update to major version is mandatory to re download the whole thing again. I think patching with a less download size should be the updating method.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisTm View Post
          @MisterMonday

Restart the launcher before upgrate anything !
          I'm pretty sure I had the latest version of the launcher
          I opened it to launch the editor and then the update for 4.7.3 showed up. ^^
          However, instead of "updating to 4.7.4", it said "downloading 4.7.3".
          No big deal, it was downloading 4.7.4 anyway and it's working fine, thanks Epic!
          Last edited by MisterMonday; 04-03-2015, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Onoa View Post
            Structure default values appear to still not be working properly unfortunately.

UE-12206 GitHub 944 : UE-12128: Properly save structs when struct field default value is different

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...undefined.html

I think it works if you have no inheritance (one BP class with no children). But if you have inherited BPs using these struct and you set the values to new values, then the bug comes back (click compile and some values are zeroed).
            That one is fixed internally, but the integration didn't make it into 4.7.4 in time. It is slated for a 4.8 fix. Please let us know if it is not fixed after the 4.8 release.
            Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
            Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Hi everyone,

We have identified a new issue with the Launcher where the yellow [Launch Unreal Engine 4.7.3] button is automatically downloading and installing the latest hotfix. This is not intentional behavior, since only clicking the [Update] button should cause the update to occur. If you are on 4.7.3 and and do not wish to update at this time, you can continue using 4.7.3 by launching directly into your project from the Library, or by using the Launcher in "Offline Mode".

Additionally, we are currently investigating some reports of Blueprint crashes after updating to 4.7.4. If you also experience a crash in your project upon startup after updating to 4.7.4, please let us know by making a report to the Bug Reports section of the AnswerHub (follow link in my signature).

Thank you, and we apologize for the inconveniences from either of these issues.
              Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

So there is a chance for a 4.7.5 fixing the crashes and including the new better struct default value fix?
                Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                  Hi everyone,

We have identified a new issue with the Launcher where the yellow [Launch Unreal Engine 4.7.3] button is automatically downloading and installing the latest hotfix. This is not intentional behavior, since only clicking the [Update] button should cause the update to occur. If you are on 4.7.3 and and do not wish to update at this time, you can continue using 4.7.3 by launching directly into your project from the Library, or by using the Launcher in "Offline Mode".

Additionally, we are currently investigating some reports of Blueprint crashes after updating to 4.7.4. If you also experience a crash in your project upon startup after updating to 4.7.4, please let us know by making a report to the Bug Reports section of the AnswerHub (follow link in my signature).

Thank you, and we apologize for the inconveniences from either of these issues.
                  Thanks for clearing it up. But is hotfix update intended to redownload the whole engine again or should it just patch?

Comment

The Mac texture issue was really annoying, thanks!

Comment

It still not saving the values of the struct correctly.... I understand if it was fixed in the master branch, but... my problem is not being able to download 4.7.2 anymore. 4.7.2 works for me, but I can't use 4.7.3 or 4.7.4...

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                        Err... No UE-9829 fix yet;

... sad frog is sad.
                        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by Marcio Daniel View Post
                          It still not saving the values of the struct correctly.... I understand if it was fixed in the master branch, but... my problem is not being able to download 4.7.2 anymore. 4.7.2 works for me, but I can't use 4.7.3 or 4.7.4...
                          I was never able to use 4.7.2. But I can confirm that the struct default value problems are still inside 4.7.4. Hopefully that will be fixed in 4.7.5...
                          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                            Fixed in 4.7.4

UE-11204 Crash when returning to viewport from immersive mode with an editor window tabbed beneath
                            YES! Great that you put this in 4.7.4, that crash has been haunting me for weeks.

Comment

Again, stop trying to hit me and hit me!
                              How can i get support for leap motion controller?? There is no github content available through Epic Games...
                              Thanks in advance.
                              https://vimeo.com/395997583

Comment

has anyone figured out how to make dlc with the unreal engine yet or is it still hopeless?

Comment

Working...
                                X