Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hoping UE-11324 will soon be fixed (crash when exiting immersive mode after having opened content). I've crashed so many times now because I use immersive mode so much. I'm just wondering, is this specific for certain people or does everyone have this? If you want to try it, restart the editor and go into immersive mode (make a viewport large, then press F11), open the content browser (CTRL + Shift + F) and open some content (static mesh etc.). It shouldn't open the content and when you press F11 to exit immersive mode it should crash the editor.
    Last edited by Logithx; 03-20-2015, 02:07 AM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Logithx View Post
      Hoping UE-11324 will soon be fixed (crash when exiting immersive mode after having opened content).
      Hi Logithx.

      UE-11324 ended up being a duplicate of another report, UE-11204. The issue has been fixed internally. At the moment it is slated to be included in the 4.8 release, but I'm going to start a discussion and see if it is safe to include in an earlier Hotfix.
      Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

      Comment


        Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
        Hi Logithx.

        UE-11324 ended up being a duplicate of another report, UE-11204. The issue has been fixed internally. At the moment it is slated to be included in the 4.8 release, but I'm going to start a discussion and see if it is safe to include in an earlier Hotfix.
        Thanks for the update, that is great news.

        Comment


          when we see a fix to actor child component(always disappeared when i start editor first time or build game) i see this bug in 4.7 and now in 4.7.3 i don't see a fix....

          for example here is one of the many posts from answerhub https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ot-saving.html

          Comment


            UE-10524 Icon reports failure to add if creating a project with source control enabled

            this is from the 4.7.1 update but it is not fixed. After excluding the Build folder from the perforce stream, I get this error when trying to compile the project files on another machine after synching. I excluded the build folder because the documentation recommends it.

            https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...project-o.html

            Some staff marked my answerhub thread as solved but it is not, as tried with 4.7.2 and 4.7.3 and still getting errors about missing icons in the build folder. It would be nice to get some information about this problem.
            Guido Lein
            Technical Artist - LeFx www.lefx.de

            Comment


              Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
              Err... No UE-9829 fix yet;

              I really hope for you that Epic will get a fix for this in 4.7.4 Do you have an answerhub post for this bug?
              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

              Comment


                Originally posted by LeFxGuy View Post
                https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...project-o.html

                Some staff marked my answerhub thread as solved but it is not, as tried with 4.7.2 and 4.7.3 and still getting errors about missing icons in the build folder. It would be nice to get some information about this problem.
                Hi LeFxGuy,

                The AnswerHub post was probably marked 'resolved' because you suggested that it be closed in your Answer. You can go ahead and un-accept that answer and post a new comment on it that it is still occurring in 4.7.3. Once opened again, Support staff will look into it as soon as possible.

                Cheers
                Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

                Comment


                  Unfortunately, I cannot the "accepted" status, it says "You don't have permission to do this action. Please Login as another user". (And I am logged in with my account). If you could help with that, would be nice.
                  Guido Lein
                  Technical Artist - LeFx www.lefx.de

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LeFxGuy View Post
                    Unfortunately, I cannot the "accepted" status, it says "You don't have permission to do this action. Please Login as another user". (And I am logged in with my account). If you could help with that, would be nice.
                    Hmm, that's strange. You should always be able to mark the status of your own question. We'll do some tests on this functionality. The post is "un-accepted" now (I did not do it), so maybe the server was just being weird.

                    Someone will be responding to the post soon.

                    Cheers
                    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                      I really hope for you that Epic will get a fix for this in 4.7.4 Do you have an answerhub post for this bug?
                      They already marked the bug as critical, bug nobody managed to fix it yet.
                      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                      Comment


                        Can I dare to ask if there's a planned 4.7.4 or if you'll prefer to move all the fixes in the new 4.8?
                        By the way, I'm eager to know what are going to be the news in 4.8

                        Cheers!
                        Alex

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Monops View Post
                          Can I dare to ask if there's a planned 4.7.4 or if you'll prefer to move all the fixes in the new 4.8?
                          By the way, I'm eager to know what are going to be the news in 4.8

                          Cheers!
                          Alex
                          From what I have seen posted over the past couple of days there will likely be a version 4.7.4. No info on when, but it has been mentioned a couple of times.
                          Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                          Comment


                            I've been hesitant to update to 4.7 due to a lot of bugs and crashes I've been hearing about. Hopefully it clears up soon.


                            Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Monops View Post
                              Can I dare to ask if there's a planned 4.7.4 or if you'll prefer to move all the fixes in the new 4.8?
                              We are currently preparing a 4.7.4 Hotfix, and are intending to release it next week (the week of Mar 30 - Apr 3). The release date is subject to change of course. At the moment, the hotfix contains nearly 40 fixes, mostly for crashes and some issues with Morpheus.

                              Originally posted by SE_JonF
                              I've been hesitant to update to 4.7 due to a lot of bugs and crashes I've been hearing about. Hopefully it clears up soon.
                              If you find yourself developing on a version which you find stable and suitable to your needs, then it is definitely wise to remain on that version of the engine. This becomes even more true as you near the end of your project. However if you wish to test out a later version, remember that you should always be doing so by making a copy of your project and updating that copy. This way, in case there are any issues, you still have your original project on the older version.

                              Cheers
                              Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

                              Comment


                                Absolutely. I've actually gotten used to waiting a while after updates, for all software in general not just UE4, since it can take some time to work out the kinks here and there. The waiting is more anxious though when you have cool new features that are involved, which you guys bring with almost every update. =P


                                Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X