Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sadly the instanced static mesh from construction script bug fix missed the deadline for 4.7.3 - but they've fixed it internally (fix available via github commit) and Epic have said the fix will be in either 4.7.4, if one comes to pass, or 4.8 if not.

    So I'm definitely pleased that the issue is at least fixed internally and will make it to us soon

    Comment


      Originally posted by reok View Post
      You are way too specific... please stop it :P
      The specific stuff you can find on the answerhub

      I would like to have this, most importantly this, and less importantly this and this and this and this and of course this fixed for 4.7.4.

      Specific enough?

      The good thing is, with 4.7.3 now I can actually use 4.7 because I don't get too many crashes. I can't play the game properly because of the missing default values and I can not use some features because of the bugs, but I can at least use 4.7 at all now.
      Last edited by John Alcatraz; 03-17-2015, 07:03 PM.
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

      Comment


        Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
        I can't play the game properly because of the missing default values
        That's still an issue for you? It was the thing that stopped me using 4.7.2, but it seems to be gone in 4.7.3 for me - my problem was this answerhub post. Maybe we're talking about different things though.

        Comment


          Originally posted by MkII View Post
          That's still an issue for you? It was the thing that stopped me using 4.7.2, but it seems to be gone in 4.7.3 for me - my problem was this answerhub post. Maybe we're talking about different things though.
          My issue is described here.
          Last edited by John Alcatraz; 03-17-2015, 05:40 PM.
          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

          Comment


            Unfortunately still many bugs in 4.7.3 so I really hope there will be a 4.7.4
            Finaly John Alcatraz ,your comment is legitime, you have a lot of bugs too.

            Comment


              Just found a new bug which let's the engine crash Of course already written a post on the answerhub. A day where I find less than 3 bugs or get less than 30 crashes a day would be a special day...
              Last edited by John Alcatraz; 03-17-2015, 06:30 PM.
              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

              Comment


                Err... No UE-9829 fix yet;

                | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Kenomica View Post
                  Sadly the instanced static mesh from construction script bug fix missed the deadline for 4.7.3 - but they've fixed it internally (fix available via github commit) and Epic have said the fix will be in either 4.7.4, if one comes to pass, or 4.8 if not.

                  So I'm definitely pleased that the issue is at least fixed internally and will make it to us soon
                  If you are in hurry, you can cherry-pick the fix(es) from github and compile the source yourself..

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Syed View Post
                    If you are in hurry, you can cherry-pick the fix(es) from github and compile the source yourself..
                    Thanks, I definitely thought about it.

                    The Epic Staff who I was communicating with on Answerhub linked me to the exact fix, actually - but I have no experience with it, however. But It's probably something worth learning

                    Comment


                      Hi,

                      I just wanted to thank you for your hard work, but also tell you that I agree with the general feeling that making a regular "stable" version from time to time would be a really great thing.

                      For example, look at how Canonical makes regular Ubuntu updates, but has a LTS (Long-Term Support) every 2 years.

                      Basically, UE4 on OS X is super unstable. I can expect a crash roughly every 30 minutes.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Monops View Post
                        Hi!
                        Yes, there's a paid support: I use it, actually. Contact epic, they will tell you everything about it.

                        Cheers,
                        Alex
                        DUDE how the hell do you even contact epic. There isn't any contact information anywhere.
                        James Brad Barnette
                        Senior Creative Artist
                        3Dmotif LLC

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by James Barnette View Post
                          DUDE how the hell do you even contact epic. There isn't any contact information anywhere.
                          For support agreements, etc..., this is the best place to start: https://www.unrealengine.com/custom-licensing

                          Cheers,
                          Michael Noland

                          Comment


                            Well that was quick stupid ue4 bugs swiftly crushed my hopes oh well

                            Comment


                              Guys shouldnt release anything until its stable coz its really irritating

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ThomasN View Post
                                Well that was quick stupid ue4 bugs swiftly crushed my hopes oh well
                                Originally posted by ThomasN View Post
                                Guys shouldnt release anything until its stable coz its really irritating
                                Hi there,

                                It would be helpful if you could let us know what bug or issues you are encountering. Could you please provide us a link to your post on the issue so we can try and help? There may be a workaround available.

                                Thanks!
                                Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X