Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
    Hi Alex,

I'm not familiar with all the bugs and crashes that have been submitted necessarily. Was there a ticket number for this one. I can check and see the status if so.

As a note for anyone else wanting an update, I will not be checking status for every ticket number that is submitted in here. I just wanted to do a brief check for some of the ones that are crashing and update.

I know it's frustrating but thank you for your patience while these are looked into.

Originally posted by Monops View Post
    Thanks for the anwer I don't know the number, but it's this one:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post232709

This seems quite grave, that's why I asked you to check.

Cheers!
    Alex
    Here is the answer hub post for that issue:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...g-convert.html

(thanks to Kenomica for posting that with the repro as well)

I haven't yet found time to test my proposed workaround for this issue (the idea was to use a proxy object/blutility instead of construction scripts for instanced mesh creation). For now I've just migrated to 4.7 and started working on new stuff with empty space adorning the parts of my level where my instanced meshes used to be! :P
    Last edited by VSZ; 03-06-2015, 02:19 PM.

Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

Originally posted by Skylonxe View Post
      I think it is nice idea to make version 4.10 special. Imagine that 4.9 and 4.8 will bring new features and there will be no new features in 4.10, whole Epic Games team would be working all time on bugfixes to make 4.10 version super stable. I really like that idea. What do you think ?
      That's an idea that sounds very logical.

There should be at least one release a year that is designed to be as stable as possible, (even if it's a fork) with nothing new, just bug fixes and performance improvements, so those developers who are in the final stages can grab it, and stick with it through to release.

Otherwise it's a recurring loop of feature - bug - release - feature - hotfix- bug - release etc.
      Bioelectrical Inference Endjinn

Comment

I'm also stuck in the, cannot upgrade to 4.7.2 boat. I filed a bug 4.7 broke a ui blueprint, and the blueprint editor is also broken when trying to debug it. The step and stop buttons are even broken.

What worries me is the focus on free and features is really making this a non-starter as a tool. Every upgrade has broken something we were using and set the team back. Is there paid support anywhere? If so I cannot find it from the website. I have a 100% repro case for the bug. However, since the text indicates anything I upload is a contribution, that's a non-starter for a repro case that includes bits of the game we are working on.

Comment

Originally posted by rjsams View Post
          I'm also stuck in the, cannot upgrade to 4.7.2 boat. I filed a bug 4.7 broke a ui blueprint, and the blueprint editor is also broken when trying to debug it. The step and stop buttons are even broken.

What worries me is the focus on free and features is really making this a non-starter as a tool. Every upgrade has broken something we were using and set the team back. Is there paid support anywhere? If so I cannot find it from the website. I have a 100% repro case for the bug. However, since the text indicates anything I upload is a contribution, that's a non-starter for a repro case that includes bits of the game we are working on.
          Hi!
          I think Epic will be more than happy to help you with your bugs: post on Answerhub, that's the way

Cheers,
          Alex
          Last edited by Monops; 03-19-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

How go the UE-11109 ? because this bug is making my week, i got this problem in all static cameras of topdown
            Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
            Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

So i just switched from 4.6.1 to 4.7.2(After you awesome guys made UE4 free! <3) and i didnt notice any big bugs until i decided to run my game for the first time, and noticed my Pawn (which is just a simple sprite nothing else) dissapears as soon as i possess it.

AnswerHub Post: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...prite-goe.html

Comment

Has anyone else had problems launching a project on Android since upgrading to 4.7.2?

Comment

I like new in-world component editing a lot, but what annoys me about it is its seeming inability to add existing objects from the level (as opposed to Content Browser) as blueprintable components. That means that even if I already have a compound object created in the level out of attached parts, if I wanted to turn it into a blueprintable component, I'd still have to fully repeat the assembly process by picking every single part of it from Content Browser and then adjusting their relative scale, rotation, and so on. It would be FANTASTIC to have an eyedropper tool functionality added to In-world Component Editing later on, or at least have a contextual menu for attached items that would allow to easily link them to the parent as blueprintable components.

Comment

Any progress on getting Shooter Games video working when you compile the game? It still will not work for me in 4.7.2

Comment

I found the 4.7 MoveToActor() Bug.

It seems that when you set bUsePathFinding=false in MoveToActor(), the AI will no longer update its destination on Moving Actor.

Spent the whole day rewriting our AI code to find the bug. Hope someone help clear this bug soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Kenomica View Post
                        I have done, thanks. Updated the post with all the newly found information to hopefully help fix the issue.

Glad to hear your problem was fixed
                        Kenomica/others - did you discover any workaround for the instanced mesh issue?

I tested further today and found that using a proxy object/blutility to spawn instances doesn't work either; the moment you restart the editor any instances spawned outside of a construction script seem to be cleaned up (and to quickly recap the original bug, any instances spawned within a construction script cause the editor to crash on load after lighting is built). Looking at InstancedStaticMesh.cpp I see code specifically to handle lightmaps for instances created in construction scripts (eg: FLightMapInstanceData), further debugging here may yield clues on the crash or a workaround. Probably best to have Epic look further though, I've bumped your answer hub post for comment from Devs.

To move forward for now I've moved all procedural foliage to 'Begin Play' and will apply dynamic lighting if feasible.

Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

Sadly not, been stuck using 4.6 until it is resolved. Very disappointing. Epic seem to have stopped replying on my answerhub post, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
                            How go the UE-11109 ? because this bug is making my week, i got this problem in all static cameras of topdown
                            We encourage bugs to be addressed on the AnswerHub instead vs the forums so that they can be tracked and updated by one person when complete. I just happened across your post and looked up the report for an update: It is still marked as being worked on but I cannot say when there will be a fix, but likely soon as it is being looked at as major issue.

Comment

Is there a place where I can check when the 4.7.3 release is coming out... there have been a few fixes pushed in there that will help me out a ton... I only ask because I know of the road map and here tell of an issue tracker often but don't think the issue tracker is public? and not seeing it in the road map :P
                              P.S. i really feel bad about asking this...(as a developer I've been asked this so many times I wanna shout WHEN IT GETS HERE!!! but you guys share so much info every step of the way I figure there really is a good chance :P)

Comment

Originally posted by Kenomica View Post
                                Sadly not, been stuck using 4.6 until it is resolved. Very disappointing. Epic seem to have stopped replying on my answerhub post, too.
                                Unfortunately we haven't been able to fix this yet due to us not being able to reproduce this issue yet. We see that user VSZ also experiences the issue and we will try reaching out to them for a reproduction case.

Originally posted by Sychris
                                Is there a place where I can check when the 4.7.3 release is coming out
                                No, we don't post publicly with intended release dates. These can often change at the last minute due to unforeseen issues cropping up or other circumstances. We are aiming for the 4.7.3 release early next week.
                                Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                                X