No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having issues with Android deployment on OSX [Macbook pro mid 2014 with 10.9.5]
    Devices does not show up in launch menu (tried with Shield,Shield tablet,HTC Nexus 9).
    I can see devices right in Nvidia profiling tools,Eclipse,Android Studio and adb devices and i can deploy to them. Shields are updated to latest available OTA, still running 4.4 though, Nexus 9 is Android 5.x
    I cannot either package tappy chicken for Android just gives error when packaking APK. Is this expected behaviour or should launching directly to Android device work also on OSX?

Comment

For last two weeks my editor crashes when saving after landscape ligtning is beilng built ! It happens both on 4.7.0. and 4.7.1. I did not recieve any feedback for my question! https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ing-after.html

Please do something!

Comment

Hello.
        Any news about UE-7334?

Comment

hey guys...
          i don't know what happened to my download progress ...
          in downloading 4.7.0 from launcher it's changed to 4.7.1 automatically and then after 6 hours it's stopped from downloading and make a folder at this address
          programfiles/epic games/ launcher/ VaultCache/ UE_4.7/ stage/ install ... with 6.06GB size

after downloading progress stopped i start download again but it's started from begin and make a folder in a new location at this address
          programfiles/epic games/ launcher/ PatchStaging/ UE_4.7Live-Windows install ...

please help me on this downloading progress why it's stopped from downloading and why didn't resume downloading again ?
          if the VaultCache downloaded files isn't required can i delete them ?

i see all files in VaultCache and PatchStaging, install folder are the same !
          ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
          GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
            Regarding the project conversion crashes (as affecting MkII, Kenomica, John Alcatraz, McSean, Praseodyl, JDLOKI, and Rashura), these issues are currently under investigation.
            Thanks for the heads up Stephen

Comment

Regarding the project conversion crashes (as affecting MkII, Kenomica, John Alcatraz, McSean, Praseodyl, JDLOKI, and Rashura), these issues are currently under investigation. We are concerned about these issues and hope to identify the cause and solution for them, but it must be noted that this does not appear to be a single, widespread issue, as this is only known to be affecting a few individuals like listed above. Many variables may play a factor in the cause, including custom plugins and code.

We thank you for your patience, and encourage you to continue development in the version that is stable for your project (most likely 4.6.1) until a resolution is found.

Cheers
              Thanks for the reply. I understand how difficult it is to test all these features with so many variables in play.

Comment

Waiting 1 week then we'll try updating our project to 4.7.1. Just to be safe if there's another hotfix on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Audy View Post
                  InitializeComponent is your rough equivalent to BeginPlay. Is this inadequate for what you need?
                  Thanks for the reply (and the quick hotfix) (and the overall awesome engine).

An example of one use case where a construction script would be nice on a component:

I tried implementing a FollowSpline behavior/component. In my dumb little Heartbreaker game for the Feb game jam, I use a construction script on all my actors to snap them splines and indicate with a percentage slider where along the spline they should start, with immediate feedback in the editor's viewport of the actor's position.

I'm just a little sad that I couldn't exactly duplicate the same sort of behavior with my FollowSpline component. The component could work by calling a function on the component from an actor's construction script, but that sort of ruins the fantasy of just attaching the behavior to literally anything and having it work without additional effort or script.
                  Last edited by drekmonger; 02-28-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

It would be amazing if people dedicated a day to speaking about all the things that work well!

I did a quick check and didn't notice any issues reported for Android "Open Level" crashes. Please let us know the details in the AnswerHub (click link in my signature).
                    Awh, to be fair, though it isn't on the forum - I do rave about how great UE4 is to people who are unsure on what engine to pick ^^

I am really excited to be able to convert my project when this is solved, especially the new foliage renderer, instanced improvements and be able to build lighting for my rotated landscapes =D
                    Last edited by Kenomica; 02-28-2015, 03:57 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

All, If your project or map crashes while loading after 4.7 conversion, try this trick:

Open your project in 4.6, tick 'force no precomputed lighting' under world settings, build your lighting once to propagate this change, save this map and replace the map in your converted 4.7 project (which crashes at this point) with this modified map. Now open the 4.7 project again, if your issue is the same as mine (editor crashes while trying to load baked lighting for the map) then this might help you.

Once you're able to open the project in 4.7 you should be able to turn precomputed lighting back on and build as usual. I had the same issue with the early preview builds as well, after applying this workaround I've not seen the issue since on my preview testing project. Today I tried converting my main project into 4.7 and ran into the issue again, fortunately the same workaround helped again.

Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

2 days and new version.
                        Should we supposed to be cheer up for this ?
                        https://canerozdemirportfolio.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by caner_ozdemir View Post
                          2 days and new version.
                          Should we supposed to be cheer up for this ?
                          No, let's keep on complaining and devaluing these people's extremely hard and difficult work. That will teach them for completely opening up their award winning game engine to the entire world!
                          [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

Originally posted by VSZ View Post
                            All, If your project or map crashes while loading after 4.7 conversion, try this trick:

I had pre computed lighting disabled all the time, so unfortunately this does not fix it for me.
                            Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                            Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by VSZ View Post

Open your project in 4.6, tick 'force no precomputed lighting' under world settings, build your lighting once to propagate this change, save this map and replace the map in your converted 4.7 project (which crashes at this point) with this modified map. Now open the 4.7 project again, if your issue is the same as mine (editor crashes while trying to load baked lighting for the map) then this might help you.

Once you're able to open the project in 4.7 you should be able to turn precomputed lighting back on and build as usual. I had the same issue with the early preview builds as well, after applying this workaround I've not seen the issue since on my preview testing project. Today I tried converting my main project into 4.7 and ran into the issue again, fortunately the same workaround helped again.
                              I'm using baked lighting, so I will definitely give it a go. Thanks for the tip.

That did it! THANK YOU!

EDIT : Though it is VERY unstable. After building lighting, there is till a 50/50 chance of a hard crash whenever I open a map or compile a blueprint.

Also, rotated landscapes still have terrible splotches everywhere, despite the patch note stating it was fixed. Back to 4.6 for me.
                              Last edited by Kenomica; 02-28-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I joined to Unreal Engine recently and i'm not sure to download and work with it now. or waiting some more days to see what will come

Comment

Working...
                                X