• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excited Thanks Epic!

Comment

UE 4.7: some minor issues

Originally posted by MkII View Post
      I think I'm also staying on 4.6.1 for a bit (due to this [circular dependency maybe?]). While it's nice to see the editor progressing, stability is better than anything!

On a side note, does anyone else see an issue where the default values for blueprints are reset when they upgrade (4.6.1 - 4.7.0)? I have at least 1 float value that thinks its default is now 0.0 not 60.0, despite the editor telling me its default is 60.0. Similarly for a vector (0.0, 1.0, 0.0 thinking it's 0.0, 0.0, 0.0). I can get around it by remaking these vars in the blueprint it seems, but maybe someone else came across it and fixed it without all the hassle?
      I have similiar issue with some floats and also texts, but they appear to be random (sometimes they get set to correct value, sometimes they don't). I also think this does not appear everywhere, just in some places. Apart from that, 4.7 is great!
      Žiga Osolin
      Available on Marketplace: Spell and Damage System

Comment

Thanks for the release Epic. Everything about blueprints like searching and creating nodes, compiling them looks a lot faster than old releases. I really like this release. I have some problems with building my architecture mobile project to html5 but i can't give screenshots to public place like answerhub or forum because i'm under nda, how should i report it? Lightmaps looks broken and dark on whole project on html5. Is there any limitation about html5 support about lightmaps, rendering, textures or hdr? Really keen to see why my build is not working properly. And it works on firefox but chrome gives me script errors.

Comment

Originally posted by pixelvspixel View Post
          Hahaha, I've wondered how many other people this bugged.
          ME! haha. Still using 4.5....Need to upgrade...NOW!
          Joseph C. - 3D Artist
          http://www.vertexhero.com/

Comment

I'm really surprised and disappointed at the people smugly ripping on Epic for this release. I find it to be quite unprofessional.

I say nice work to Epic. The workflow improvements being among the best.
            Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
            - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

Runtime Datatable
            -All the fun of DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!

Comment

Originally posted by Majority View Post
              Great update guys, Please can we have the content examples updated to this release? specially to demonstrate the new Foliage Shading Model, can we finally have some great looking trees?
              Can you guys share this tree model:
              +1 for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Jones View Post
                The price change to prices ending in '99' is no accident. Here at Epic Games we're constantly researching ways to improve the Marketplace for both buyers and sellers.
                Sat staring at this post for literally fifteen minutes, but just cannot find words.

Edit to add: otherwise, great job on 4.7 guys!

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                  I see I cannot place a delay in a macro in a blueprint of type "macro library". So nothing with components.
                  When you click on 'Class Settings' in your macro library what is the Parent Class of the macro library?

If I hit play it always says "there is an error and blueprint could not be compiled: xyz" or something like that. I know I can just ignore it and everything works like it should, but it is annoying.
                  Then what exactly do you have improved in 4.7? Where are the "cycle dependency improvements"? I compile one blueprint, and as a result another gets dirty. Then I compile the dirty blueprint, and the first one gets dirty again. Isn't this what should be fixed?
                  The cyclic dependency improvements were mostly around the fact that some blueprints would become unloadable if they called functions or stored references that in turn stored references to the original blueprints. Blueprints with wide, cyclical dependency graphs could either load with incorrect data or crash while loading. The situations that were corrected could not be described succinctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan.OConnor View Post
                    The cyclic dependency improvements were mostly around the fact that some blueprints would become unloadable if they called functions or stored references that in turn stored references to the original blueprints. Blueprints with wide, cyclical dependency graphs could either load with incorrect data or crash while loading. The situations that were corrected could not be described succinctly.
                    Thanks for the explanation!

Originally posted by Dan.OConnor View Post
                    When you click on 'Class Settings' in your macro library what is the Parent Class of the macro library?
                    I tried "Object", "Macros", and "StandardMacros" as parent class.
                    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
                      UMG Widgets set to "Hidden" do not Tick. If this was an intended change can we get a state in which the widget is not visible but still Ticking?
                      Yes, it's an intended change and large performance optimization for complicated UIs. No, we don't traverse the tree as soon as we encounter an invisible widget. Having a flag would still require us to traverse the tree. You should move your logic either into a visibility binding, or make another object or widget responsible for changing the visibility state. Assuming that's what you were using the tick to decide.

Comment

Hey guys, Light build times are incredibly slow for me now. I started up a small scene which is basically floor + ceiling mesh, walls, and 1 point light. It is currently stuck on 5% for 15 minutes, and earlier had it go to 96% after around 30-40 mins but did not finish.

Previously on 4.6 and Previews, a simple scene would build within a minute reliably. Anyone else experiencing this??
                        vr and new media installations
                        www.samuelwalker.xyz

Comment

Is the Android-Start->Quit-To-Main-Screen-Bug fixed? (UE-9965, don't see it in this post anymore) A fresh project launches fine and starts normally on android, my converted project however, doesn't
                          Does/did anyone else experience this? The log-file ends while loading the Open-GL Extensions (if I interpret that correctly ...)

EDIT: Can I check the state of specific Bug Reports by their number? (Like UE-9965 in this case) Maybe the bug isn't fixed yet, but someone forgot to include it in this thread? (I somewhat hope so, I don't know what to do anymore)
                          EDIT2:Sorry for the inconvenience, I don't know what exactly happened, but it "decided" to work now ...
                          Last edited by Nanoxin; 02-25-2015, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared Therriault View Post
                            I'm really surprised and disappointed at the people smugly ripping on Epic for this release. I find it to be quite unprofessional. I say nice work to Epic.
                            Who is doing this? I would like to love 4.7, but since my project just crashes with 4.7 I don't really had the chance to use it much yet and so I can't really comment on nice improvements

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                              Who is doing this? I would like to love 4.7, but since my project just crashes with 4.7 I don't really had the chance to use it much yet and so I can't really comment on nice improvements
                              What inspired my post was your "I love this screenshot" post, really.

You have an issue, that's awful. You don't make post after snarky post. You enter a bug report, ask for help and wait. I know you handled parts 1 and 2, so just ease up on the team. They obviously don't want your projects to crash and will do what's possible to fix the issues you and others have been experiencing!
                              Last edited by Jared Therriault; 02-25-2015, 09:11 PM.
                              Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
                              - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

Runtime Datatable
                              -All the fun of DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!

Comment

I edited the post a bit, since I don't really love the screenshot

I think it's legitimate to post a screenshot which shows that the 5 most recent bug reports all report the same problem and to say I wish epic would have done some more preview releases to fix such bugs which many people experience.
                                My hope for 4.7 was that it would be the first real stable release of UE4 which it unfortunately is not. So now I hope Epic will try to make 4.8 the first real stable release

Comment

Working...
                                X