Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doug Wilson View Post
    Could you make a post on the AnswerHub so that we can track this issue better? If you could check if you have the same problem in a new 4.6.1 project that you convert to 4.7 as well it would help in determining what the exact cause is.
    Hi Doug, I already have a post on the answer hub for this, did you not see the link I posted? Or do you really want me to create another post which is more specified to the 4.6.1 to 4.7 problem?
    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by RumbleMonk View Post
      [snip] our devs informed me that this is by design. The reason is, Latent nodes (any node with the clock symbol like below) cannot be used in a macro that can then be used inside of a function. To keep errors from occurring, they blocked all latent nodes inside of the engines StandardMacro library.
      I know this post on the answerhub, but I don't try to place a macro in the StandardMacro library And I don't want to use the macro in a function, only in events.

Comment

UE 4.7 is a major release, so the community expect to have the content examples updated in the MARKETPLACE
        we need some professional examples references related to the new features like the new vegetation shader etc..

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
          I know this post on the answerhub, but I don't try to place a macro in the StandardMacro library And I don't want to use the macro in a function, only in events.
          Not sure if I got you right but (blazingly fast reply post btw!) I think what they mean is delays used in the StandardMacro library can then get placed in functions as well as events.. I think. Nothing about placing macros inside a macro in the library if I get you correctly.

It seems like they could've made it so that anything with delay nodes in them would cause a compile error if used in functions, and work just like pre-4.7 if a for loop with delay from the StandardMacro library would be used in an event. I'd be all for that. Now they over-killed it a bit judging from the small pieces that I've gathered.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
            Hi Doug, I already have a post on the answer hub for this, did you not see the link I posted? Or do you really want me to create another post which is more specified to the 4.6.1 to 4.7 problem?
            The link in your previous post relates to another issue (the project not opening in 4.6.1). Opening a new post specifically for the 4.6.1 to 4.7 conversion issue will help us track each problem separately and make it easier to search for if someone else has the same problem in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Majority View Post
              UE 4.7 is a major release, so the community expect to have the content examples updated in the MARKETPLACE
              we need some professional examples references related to the new features like the new vegetation shader etc..
              +1

I'd also love to see the changes talked over in a video. There's a lot of tutorials out there that show workflows that aren't recommended anymore, and some that are so out dated they don't work at all. The staff might actually save themselves time by doing this as opposed to answering questions.

Either way, awesomely awesome update.

Comment

Originally posted by BardicKnowledge View Post
                The description in the launcher news reads: "Unreal EngVine 4.7 is our biggest [...]" .
                Thanks for the report, should be fixed now.

Cheers,
                Michael Noland

Comment

Just launched 4.7 and the performance is MUCH better!
                  System
                  ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
                  Artwork thread

Comment

In case anyone else has the same problem: When connecting the editor to Git Source Control, it doesn't seem like you can use the cygwin version of git. When I connected mine to a GitHub installation, it seems to work fine though.

So:
                    Path: E:\Programs\cygwin\bin\git.exe - Bad
                    Path: C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\GitHub\PortableGit_numbers\bin\git.exe - Good

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Wilson View Post
                      The link in your previous post relates to another issue (the project not opening in 4.6.1). Opening a new post specifically for the 4.6.1 to 4.7 conversion issue will help us track each problem separately and make it easier to search for if someone else has the same problem in the future.
                      Ok, did it: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...on-startu.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Jones View Post

What this means is that instead of an asset selling for $30, it'll now sell for $29.99 instead. Studies have shown that this actually increases sales, so that's the direction we're going in now to keep the Marketplace competitive and keep content creators happy. Over the last two weeks I've reached out individually to everyone currently selling assets on the Marketplace, and everyone has agreed to the adjustment.
                        I seriously question those studies. It sort of suggests that humans really are that stupid. Sorry, I am not. I hate .99 prices.... I want round numbers back. I might just have to contact some of the marketplace people directly and buy straight from them for round numbers ...
                        Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

This screenshot shows the 5 most recent issues on the answerhub in the bug report section

4.7 is the mooost stable release ever

Really, some more preview releases would not have hurt!
                          Last edited by John Alcatraz; 02-25-2015, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Jones View Post
                            Hi! The price change to prices ending in '99' is no accident. Here at Epic Games we're constantly researching ways to improve the Marketplace for both buyers and sellers. When we initially launched the Marketplace, we chose a round pricing structure for asset costs, keeping them as whole numbers. After further research and consideration, we've changed our pricing policy moving forward to adhere to the tenets of pricing theory, so that all prices will now end in ".99" in USD, and converted to the equivalent in other currencies.

What this means is that instead of an asset selling for $30, it'll now sell for $29.99 instead. Studies have shown that this actually increases sales, so that's the direction we're going in now to keep the Marketplace competitive and keep content creators happy. Over the last two weeks I've reached out individually to everyone currently selling assets on the Marketplace, and everyone has agreed to the adjustment.
                            Yes, they are actually right, them studies.
                            I just bought the 'photorealistic landscapes' pack with 5 beginner made low quality landscapes with low quality textures, which was offered for outrageous 150$.
                            I thought, well....149.99$ seems about right

Comment

I think I'm also staying on 4.6.1 for a bit (due to this [circular dependency maybe?]). While it's nice to see the editor progressing, stability is better than anything!

On a side note, does anyone else see an issue where the default values for blueprints are reset when they upgrade (4.6.1 - 4.7.0)? I have at least 1 float value that thinks its default is now 0.0 not 60.0, despite the editor telling me its default is 60.0. Similarly for a vector (0.0, 1.0, 0.0 thinking it's 0.0, 0.0, 0.0). I can get around it by remaking these vars in the blueprint it seems, but maybe someone else came across it and fixed it without all the hassle?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                                My Blueprint editing OCD is pleased.

Oh boy, yes! The amount of time wasted trying to get nodes to look great. Blugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X