This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
    Hopefully we get more information on the timeline and how to update our submission materials this upcoming week. =)
    Sorry just gettin caught up! - For this time, go ahead and send a note if you could on the sent email thread and I'll merge the two
    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
      Sorry just gettin caught up! - For this time, go ahead and send a note if you could on the sent email thread and I'll merge the two
      No need to apologize Chance I understand you were busy. =) How do I go about doing that though? I'm not very advanced when it comes to emailing I'm ashamed to say. =p

Edit: would that be forwarding the sent email?
      Last edited by SE_JonF; 03-07-2015, 10:43 PM.

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
        No need to apologize Chance I understand you were busy. =) How do I go about doing that though? I'm not very advanced when it comes to emailing I'm ashamed to say. =p

Edit: would that be forwarding the sent email?
        Try heading to the sent message and "Reply-All"
        Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Alright I think I did it right, did you get it?

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

I think we all need to be realistic and realize that Epic's Game Grant Program is going to take some time for them to set up a way to handle all the entries etc.

They have to find a way to be fair & unbiased as to who made the game, size of the team involved, and the genre of the submission so the Grant Program will be fair to all.

The announcement hit fast and caught everyone off guard, I believe even most of Epic was unprepared for it as well, and it should be given time and not rushed into to make it the great program that it is capable of being or becoming in the future.

So don't get disappointed by the time involved or not getting an immediate result from submitting, also assuming that you will win a grant could be a great let down if you don't succeed or don't succeed at first.

Personally the Epic Game Grant Program announcement caught me completely off guard not to mention doing away with the subscriptions. I was just completely amazed well shocked might be a better word.
            Being a lone developer my planning stages are very in-depth in an effort to avoid wasted time, so now I plan on moving from experimenting on gameplay etc to possible a more polished product that I might deem submissible for the grant program.
            Also I will have to select which game concept to try to work on and submit first, a major dilemma because I have so many. It's just the way I work.

But I can't let this interfere with my long term plans and get discouraged and let my long term plans fail. To me this would be horrible and a tragic result because I have a lot of concepts that I would love to see in a finished product. And I hope you all won't let this happen either, it would destroy the whole idea behind the Grant Program.

Hopefully Epic will take the time to work out the details of the Game Grant Program to make it the best it can be and to allow for future submissions and not rush through this.

Comment

I'm not holding my breath on receiving anything.
              There's many good developers out there doing great things; it may pretty much never happen to me (I'm not used to having any kind of help anyway) thus I just keep working on my stuff and don't really count on this as part of my plan, although things would be smoother if I could skip investing all my salaries on developing the game
              However if things go bad on Steam I pretty much will have to quit investing on indie dev and go back to contract work/asset selling... I shall see :S
              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

We applied with our Red Awakening game but we never heard back :/

Comment

GDC was last week. I'm sure everyone will get a response the next coming weeks. Be patient, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by reok View Post
                    GDC was last week. I'm sure everyone will get a response the next coming weeks. Be patient, guys!
                    May it be. <3
                    C# .NET; Visual C; Assembler (FASM)

Comment

We've been getting errors from Outlook.com that we might have not been receiving all of our e-mail, I repaired through a website and it should be fixed now, but as a precaution if there can be confirmation for zenrokstudios@outlook.com in the future that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for this opportunity.

Comment

Still getting our feet back on the ground here in NC We'll be working with applications for acknowledgements as soon as we can! Rest assured, we are getting the submissions.

@ZenrokStudios - I've got yours

Chance
                        Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Awesome!

Great to hear that
                          Founder & Lead Developer @ Far Frontier Studios
                          My Website: https://theindiedev.com

Add me to your LinkedIN Network CLICK HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                            Still getting our feet back on the ground here in NC We'll be working with applications for acknowledgements as soon as we can! Rest assured, we are getting the submissions.

@ZenrokStudios - I've got yours

Chance
                            Hey Chance! I sent my submission back on the 20th and noticed that I left out a couple of details I wanted to mention that were probably left out due to the excitement of the possibility

Between that and my OneDrive links acting funky lately, I got some new links and forward off some more material for you just in case. Even though I didn't see any views on my video, I didn't get a rejected email address so I'm staying positive it made it in. Take care and hope everyone is having a great week!

Thanks!

Comment

If I understand right, does this work as an fund to developers? Can one buy softwares and tools with this fund if the application meets the form?
                              System
                              ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
                              Artwork thread

Comment

Originally posted by Frequia View Post
                                If I understand right, does this work as an fund to developers? Can one buy softwares and tools with this fund if the application meets the form?
                                " The best part? There are absolutely no strings attached. Your project remains yours; you own your IP and publishing rights and you can spend any grant funds however you like. Epic’s goal is simply to help UE4 developers succeed because when you succeed, we succeed."
                                Website [ LINK ]
                                Twitter [ LINK ]
                                Support ! [ LINK ]

Comment

Working...
                                X