Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does that mean if you sent to the old email address it's lost?
    did you receive a confirmation that you sent your application?

thanks
    Unreal Forum Thread
    Allison Road on Twitter
    Allison Road Facebook page

Comment

This is pretty great!

On the other hand: how about you take 1 million from that and produce a proper and coherent documentation of UE4

Comment

I wonder if the first batch will be announced on tonight's stream?
        KITATUS
        "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Sir.
          I'd like to ask about time of possible response. We're really excited about the grands, and we just can't wait for reply!
          Thanks for the possibilities to present our project to you by the way.

Cheers!
          C# .NET; Visual C; Assembler (FASM)

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
            I wonder if the first batch will be announced on tonight's stream?
            Here's hoping! I'm so excited to see what the community puts forward for this. It'll be really great to see what comes of it. Never really seen a software company so invested in the people creating things with their software that they're willing to pay developers; this whole campaign has set a new precedent for what I expect from software vendors.

I've always kind of had a soft spot for Microsoft, because they do a lot of similar programs for developers (see: BizSpark/DreamSpark, MSDN, Unity for Windows, Kinect for Windows, etc) allowing free access to the software they need. Those types of programs is part of what keeps me using MS software. Now with Epic following in similar footsteps, I may begin expecting similar developer programs from other software companies, such as Adobe or Autodesk.

Comment

Chance, I'm assuming from the three that you announced on the stream that those around of the time pre-announcement of the grant (On the Twitch stream) won't be getting a grant? Or am I wrong and should still hold hope? :/
              KITATUS
              "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                Chance, I'm assuming from the three that you announced on the stream that those around of the time pre-announcement of the grant (On the Twitch stream) won't be getting a grant? Or am I wrong and should still hold hope? :/
                I am pretty sure you should still hope I guess they just quickly overflown the first submissions and picked some where they didn't had to think much about it and could easy say "yes!".
                They probably already knew they would give kooolala a grant before they even announced the grants and giving someone who already is at kickstarter a grant also is much easier than giving you a grant for you books, since they have to read you books to make sure they are good And reading books takes some time
                Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it Kitatus, I'm gonna assume that EPIC picked out those whose projects are easy to showcase. I only know about Koola getting a grant, but if you take a look at this project you will see that it's one that will easily make people impressed by just showing it.

Comment

I'm sure they'll contact us whether our submissions are accepted or not. So if you haven't heard from them, it doesn't mean you aren't being considered. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

3 winners already announced- all doing interesting work! http://venturebeat.com/2015/03/05/fi...e-every-penny/

The winners so far seem to indicate what's meant by "working prototype"? They all include environments/art assets that are made for the project.

Comment

Aw, I'm so jealous.
                        Koola's project looks just extremely amazing!
                        C# .NET; Visual C; Assembler (FASM)

Comment

Koola's work is really good. Nice polishing!
                          Glad to see they give the awards away based solely on the quality of the work.

Comment

I'm hoping Epic at least considers taking a look at what I sent them. All this waiting is making me nervous.

Comment

Hopefully we get more information on the timeline and how to update our submission materials this upcoming week. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by HSbF6 View Post
                                hello guys,

just a quick question..
                                if you send an email, can we expect any sort of acknowledgement that the mail has been received? just curious, because sometimes mails with picture attachments get blocked/stuck so it's hard to tell if it ever arrived.
                                also is it correct that you now need a working prototype of the game to qualify?

thank you!
                                chris
                                We're working out the details or responses, so no news yet on that front. Once we get back in NC (I'm currently in the air), we'll be brushing up on all parts of the grants process in order to make sure it's the as streamlined as we can get for both the applicant and Epic.

For project - basically, yes. A working prototype shows off what your game is and the awesome work you are doing!
                                Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Working...
                                X