Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing Unreal Dev Grants

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Okay so we must have a full video prototype done or an actual downloadable version as well? Excuse me if this has already been answered. We are nearly ready for our demo gameplay video but not quite ready for an actual playable audience.

    Comment


      #62
      Maybe I'm being paranoid but I submitted a package of material + video 36 hours after the Twitch Announcement and after checking out the Analytics on my YouTube video, it looks like it hasn't been viewed by anyone outside of California

      I don't normally post videos to YouTube so I'm hoping that it is possible it was viewed by Epic and just not showing those results but it appears that all the views came from me. Man, the anticipation leading up to the first run is rough and I'm hoping I accidently didn't fall through the cracks. Best of luck to everyone that makes it!

      Comment


        #63
        hello guys,

        just a quick question..
        if you send an email, can we expect any sort of acknowledgement that the mail has been received? just curious, because sometimes mails with picture attachments get blocked/stuck so it's hard to tell if it ever arrived.
        also is it correct that you now need a working prototype of the game to qualify?

        thank you!
        chris
        Unreal Forum Thread
        Allison Road on Twitter
        Allison Road Facebook page

        Comment


          #64
          Hey all,
          yeah great move , I can imagine very well how important a kick start like this can be.

          I am working on the update for my Jumpy Frogs iOS game released with UDK in 2011,
          at that time it was a big step for me, today it seems like nothing special at all, cause I have learned a lot since then,
          I am adding and improving the game play experience, and I plan to add many languages ,
          the game is also educational and I believe it should be on the market, as a free app for everyone, of course with adds. But this should be just a starting app to start building my app network, and I'd like to create bigger and better games.

          Even thou I started out as a 3D artist , I am actually working for some time now as a programmer creating jQuery , html5, javascript tools and related in a company that produces educational content and I like that fact. I kept around Unreal Engine for a long time , however I could never afford to really do just that and make something more than just a simple game, something innovative or somehow different , I have worked many different jobs in my life and am very independent and always find a solution to problems I face, so yeah I have many many skills today, but am not exactly a super expert in any one of them.
          I also must say it is hard to find great people with skills and that you can trust, people that don't just say things but actually do it. I mean lets say I need someone to handle marketing, how can I know we will still get along after few years? How can I know he will do a good job? etc...and working alone is not really what anyone wants.
          Well I guess each of us, need to find our own way through all this.

          There's so many games and apps out there these days, so marketing is essential , and of course the game needs to be at least fun if not somehow impressive.
          I also want to say I love the way Unreal Engine 4 is constructed, I can already imagine how awesome all this will look in next 2 or 3 years.
          I will try to contribute my part and I am looking forward to see awesome stuff from the community.
          Last edited by Jurif; 03-03-2015, 01:18 PM.

          Comment


            #65
            Has anyone viewed their YouTube Analytics and noticed any video views coming from NC? Also for those who have used YouTube, is there a chance that even though it is saying 100% of my views are from California, that they could have watched it and it's not being reported? Thanks!

            Comment


              #66
              Can't wait for that reponse lol, I made a pretty lengthy application with every possible information required added, from the local events I presented my game in to videos of people playing it. I'm sure Epic has that email overflowing with thousands of applications, it must be a painful process to go through each one and see if it has potential to receive the grant. But I'm staying positive with my game ^_^.

              I'm going from this


              To this
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...val-Horror-WIP

              Good luck to all those who applied and thank you Epic for bringing this awesome opportunity!
              Founder & Lead Developer @ Far Frontier Studios
              My Website: https://theindiedev.com

              Add me to your LinkedIN Network CLICK HERE!

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by MC Stryker View Post
                Has anyone viewed their YouTube Analytics and noticed any video views coming from NC? Also for those who have used YouTube, is there a chance that even though it is saying 100% of my views are from California, that they could have watched it and it's not being reported? Thanks!
                The GDC is in San Francisco. At the time of the twitch announcement they had 60 submissions. We aren't sure how long it takes for them to evaluate each of them, so they may not have gotten to yours yet. We just have to wait and see, Epic is busy with GDC at the moment. I'm sure we will be hearing from them once its over and things aren't as hectic. =)

                Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                  The GDC is in San Francisco. At the time of the twitch announcement they had 60 submissions. We aren't sure how long it takes for them to evaluate each of them, so they may not have gotten to yours yet. We just have to wait and see, Epic is busy with GDC at the moment. I'm sure we will be hearing from them once its over and things aren't as hectic. =)
                  Hey SE_JonF! Thanks for the reply buddy and appreciate the positivity. A lot is riding on this and waiting is definitely the hard part and is causing a lack of sleep and stress :P I raced with the quickness to put everything together after the announcement and got it submitted the following day. I'm sure they got a lot of emails as this news spread liked wildfire across the internet following their announcement. The hardest part is not knowing if it was received and if it happened to slip through by accident, I would have to reapply and it's going to unfortunately go to the back of the line after all the submissions that came since. I hope they made it into day 2 of submissions during last week but its possible day 1 was that immense that it took Thursday, Friday and the following week to process. Either way, I'm trying to stay positive on this and keep my fingers crossed for the Twitch Stream in the morning (if announcements come then). I'm hoping that the judges were using some private browsing mode that didn't log the additional views. My fingers are crossed for you too bud and everyone else here that submitted!

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Thanks man, we are all in this together! I share some of the same concerns as I have had bad luck myself over the past few months with Epic not receiving my emails. Remember though they don't expect the fund to be depleted for about a year, so we have time. Just keep that positivity up, it's all we can do at the moment. I'm sure we will be hearing news once GDC is finished. =)

                    Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                      Thanks man, we are all in this together! I share some of the same concerns as I have had bad luck myself over the past few months with Epic not receiving my emails. Remember though they don't expect the fund to be depleted for about a year, so we have time. Just keep that positivity up, it's all we can do at the moment. I'm sure we will be hearing news once GDC is finished. =)
                      I'm right there with you my brother and thanks for the support!

                      BTW... Awesome portfolio SE_JonF! Fingers crossed and I'm sure Epic will be able to share more with us soon. Time to stay positive and keep busy...
                      Last edited by MC Stryker; 03-03-2015, 09:11 PM.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Anytime, and thanks! =)

                        Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Hey Chance I have a question, if it takes Epic some time to get around to looking at all the submissions - if applicable will we be able to show you updated work if it takes say a month from email to the actual response? I sent some images of work in progress prototypes, but some stuff has changed since then and even more I imagine before my time comes since I sent a request about 7 days after the initial announcement. Just curious if we'll be given a chance to show you updated works at that point to go along with our presentation. =)

                          Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                            Hey Chance I have a question, if it takes Epic some time to get around to looking at all the submissions - if applicable will we be able to show you updated work if it takes say a month from email to the actual response? I sent some images of work in progress prototypes, but some stuff has changed since then and even more I imagine before my time comes since I sent a request about 7 days after the initial announcement. Just curious if we'll be given a chance to show you updated works at that point to go along with our presentation. =)
                            If you use the same subject in the email they will very easily recognize your project again, and see that you have updated stuff to show. So, totally do it if you have updated your works. But wouldn't actually recommend emailing or spamming them too many emails. That's what I think at least. No official statement.
                            STONE RAGE
                            StoneRage Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/640860/Stone_Rage/
                            https://stoneragegame.com/

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                              Yep! Stay tuned!
                              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                              Comment


                                #75
                                After staff contacted me I understood what was the confusion...
                                You guys made 2 email addresses. unrealgrants@epicgames AND unrealdevgrants@epicgames; ( the first one was the one being used at first, I sent email to that one; but then you guys changed it )
                                I was so happy that I had sent email in first 10 minutes, but then I know you've changed emails and now my application is lost in the sea of proposals
                                Oh well... rofl
                                | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X