This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fpwong View Post
    Hello! I've submitted a grant for the Blueprint Assist plugin, aiming to make it a core feature of the engine.
    [MENTION=126311]fpwong[/MENTION]
    Hope you get a grant to enhance Blueprints, especially visually.
    Overall better if its all PR's built into engine not another plugin!
    But more substantial features than this would be needed IMHO.
    So real pity you're not interested but if someone else reading is:

#1.
    Auto-Layout doesn't work well if nodes are aligned vertically.

#2.
    It would be great to have some BP Show / Hide View options.
    Temporarily toggle Show / Hide Conversion nodes, Casts etc.

#3.
    Allow for Node Coloring schemes beyond Collapsed nodes etc.
    i.e. Make Built-in Nodes look different to 'Custom-Event' calls.

#4.
    Help fix Zoom-Out Bubble Hell as illustrated beautifully here.

#5.
    Offer range of Custom Wire Styles in BP & Material editor etc.

#6.
    Make Find Results limit searches to variables / custom events.
    So offer some Search tick-boxes etc, to limit the range of hits....
    Could use filters like in the Content Browser for large projects.

#7.
    Stop pasted BP Comments defaulting to Move-Mode->Group...
    BP editor should detect when pasted BP overlaps existing code.

#8.
    Editor Option to let users hide unused pins on a per node basis.
    Option to let users drag then reorder Pins on Nodes like Kismet...

#9.
    Editor option to Right-Click deactivate node branches like Kismet.

#10.
    Option to shrink common nodes: Delay / Sequence / Branch etc.

Comment

[MENTION=11397]franktech[/MENTION]
      Thanks for the ideas, these are great!

I agree this plugin should be part of the core engine. I've mentioned in the grant: I do
      get it, I do not want to make a free plugin, rather add the functionality into the
      engine, so I have access to all the classes.

Currently I have been building around the the restrictions of a plugin since, so if I do
      get the grant I will be looking into these improvements. In fact I think I'll add a new
      section to my post for requested 'engine changes'.

Anyhow If I don't get the grant and they're simple changes, I'll probably just make a PR.
      But that's a long way away

As for the auto-layout, definitely a few bugs in there. Once I am satisfied with it, I'll ask some
      people to start testing it out and probably find a whole bunch of errors which I have to fix it
      again :P It will feature multiple styles too. Right now the auto-layout is the main focus of the
      plugin.
      Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
      Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

Comment

Originally posted by fpwong View Post
        [MENTION=11397]franktech[/MENTION] Thanks for the ideas, these are great! I agree this plugin should be part of the core engine. I've mentioned in the grant: I do
        get it, I do not want to make a free plugin, rather add the functionality into the engine, so I have access to all the classes. Anyhow If I don't get the grant and they're simple changes, I'll probably just make a PR. As for the auto-layout, definitely a few bugs in there. Once I am satisfied with it, I'll ask some people to start testing it out and probably find a whole bunch of errors which I have to fix it
        again :P It will feature multiple styles too. Right now the auto-layout is the main focus of the plugin.
        That all sounds great. Good luck again with this...

Comment

I have submitted my game "Just Us" for review.
          Good luck all

http://justusgame.com/

Latest gameplay video:
          Engine Plugins
          EOSCore:: | SteamCore:: | SteamCore::Web | Foliage Plugin | EventDispatcher | Thumbnailer

Comment

I applied for dev grants.

Virtual University Library:

another demo video:
            https://vimeo.com/184207956

my project on my blog:
            http://janoscsaszar.blogspot.hu/2016...ject-part.html

As a recent graduate of Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE), a leading and world-famous Hungarian university, I personally think that the Virtual University Library Project I am working on all by myself could be beneficial for our cultural heritage: By drawing the world's attention to the virtual replica of ELTE Library's beautiful ceremonial hall, the project could improve how people perceive the library and other libraries in the world. I believe my project could benefit the field of computer graphics, as well, by bringing Epic Games more esteem. I am sure you would like to hear that Epic Games's work extends beyond the boundaries of video games. UE4 is a fantastic software, one of my favourite ones, as it makes my work so much easier.

In my situation, even the lowest funding could prove to be very helpful. I had applied for Unreal Dev Grants a couple of times before but have yet to receive any reply from Epic Games. I understand that Epic Games's team receives a lot of applications on a daily basis; however, I would be very thankful to you if you could tell me whether I have any chance to win a grant for my project, or if it is not up to Epic Games standard, could you please elaborate on what improvements I could make? I would appreciate Epic Games's help very much. I hope you'll like it.
            Last edited by Johnnyman; 06-25-2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Apply for
              Last edited by J_Tox; 06-28-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

/INVADER\
                /SIMULATOR\

Comment

@frankteck we may be able to tackle #4 since we're quite familiar with that part of the engine due to our development work on ODIN Tracker (submitted for a grant a few pages back)

So I'll see if we can get a PR ready for Epic Games at some point this year to resolve that #4 issues you've pointed out

Not to mention,
                  We may of actually partially solved that issue + a couple other issues (#5 & #7) you've pointed out during our development of the High-Res BP Capture feature for or plugin, so I'll check through that section of our code and get back to you:

Last edited by BenjaminDSmithy; 07-06-2017, 12:18 AM. Reason: Converted long forum link to hyperlink
                  Regards,
                  Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
                  Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminDSmithy View Post
                    So I'll see if we can get a PR ready for Epic Games at some point this year to resolve that #4 issues you've pointed out
                    Solving 'Comment bubbles from hell' would be brilliant Ben. Cheers for sharing!

Comment

We've submitted an application for Espire 1: VR Operative!

A quick note to the Epic team, if you're reading this.

We uploaded an Espire prototype build specifically for the Epic Dev Grant application form, however our latest build of the Espire 1 prototype is now on Oculus Home & Steam.
                      If you'd like to evaluate the latest build instead, please shoot us through an email.

Didn't want to fill out another application and add to the already big backlog.
                      Michael Wentworth-Bell
                      Espire 1: VR Operative: Espire1.com
                      Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Hello all.
                        I am trying to submit an aplication but i cant see the link to doit on the dev grants page.
                        It is closed or something?
                        Please, let me know.

Comment

Out of curiousity is there a way to see if there are remaining funds for this program?

Comment

Hey Micky. Sorry about this. The application is still open, we just have a bug on our UI. We pushed a new build of UnrealEngine.com yesterday for our Enterprise announcements and made a mistake on our CSS. We will get this resolved in the next few hours.

For now you can use this link:
                            https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...ewform?c=0&w=1

If you want to give it a try, you can open up Dev Tools with F12 and remove the opacity: 0; This will show the form to you, but essentially it simply provides this Google form link.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 5.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1131887

Again sorry about that! We will have it fixed shortly!

Comment

Originally posted by Blax View Post
                              Out of curiousity is there a way to see if there are remaining funds for this program?
                              There are! We expect the program to continue for quite some time.
                              Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Thanks a lot!, i just submitted my project, "Lhodrye's Chronicles"! hope you like it !

Comment

Working...
                                X