Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Chance, would you be able to let me know if you guys received my application? I sent it out today. I've had bad luck with Epic not receiving my messages before as I'm sure you are aware. =P Would give me peace of mind, and also any ETA on how long we should expect to hear back as well as more details? Thanks! =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Same for me, no reception receipt for my mail. Not sure my submission have not been lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristof View Post
        Same for me, no reception receipt for my mail. Not sure my submission have not been lost.
        You won' receive confirmation yet; I don't think anyone has. I was lucky and got a confirmation from Chance in this thread but have patience! - There's a lot of submissions to go through and we should hear more at / just after GDC :>
        KITATUS
        "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

I figured there may not be a confirmation, but I've had the worst luck imaginable with Epic not receiving my emails. I saw Chance respond to you, so I figured I'd give it a shot. =P

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

I've got a confirmation mail with a support number code attached. But I've sent my submission in first 10 minutes after they've made that email public.

The confirmation says that I would be contacted in 48 hours, but that is not the case;
            I imagine they've got sooo many emails since then that the confirmation system stopped working and they simply are not planning to hit back on anyone at least before GDC ends.
            No kidding, the whole internet was talking about this, there must be hundreds of thousands of submissions mainly from people that do not use Unreal Engine at all and are simply trying to hit jackpot. I've seen tons of Unity users stating that they submitted their Unity game, while having zero experience with UE4 as well as flash developers.
            Yeah... Money talks.
            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

I would imagine there would be a way to filter the messages by accounts associated with a UE4 account perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                You won' receive confirmation yet; I don't think anyone has. I was lucky and got a confirmation from Chance in this thread but have patience! - There's a lot of submissions to go through and we should hear more at / just after GDC :>
                I know they might have received lot of mails. But a simple mail confirmation (or automatic message) would be appreciated. This might avoid wondering is any spam filter have trashed the mails.
                Last edited by Kristof; 02-27-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                  I would imagine there would be a way to filter the messages by accounts associated with a UE4 account perhaps?
                  I guess that is irrelevant for Epic's plans. Their focus on doing this DevGrant program is to boost the ratio of projects being shipped. Thus they want to make sure that every potential success UE4 has under its belts won't be buried because of lack of investment; if there's not enough potential success titles already in development they could consider funding teams to port their projects from competing engines as well.

Why do that? well, that's how publishers make their money. They make sure potential successes hit the market.
                  If a UE4 indie game, selling around $20USD, hits the 1 million mark copies sold, that is close to 1 million dollars Epic gets from that 5% deal. From the gigantic amount of games they are about to help funding, they need less than 10 annual successes to have all that granted money back and rise reputation of their indie program to the stars.
                  | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Hey All, chiming in to answer some questions
                    Hey Chance, would you be able to let me know if you guys received my application? I sent it out today. I've had bad luck with Epic not receiving my messages before as I'm sure you are aware. =P Would give me peace of mind, and also any ETA on how long we should expect to hear back as well as more details? Thanks! =)

We're still working through the response process - rest assured, we're receiving everyone's applications

The confirmation says that I would be contacted in 48 hours, but that is not the case;
                    This should not be happening, Bruno. Can you shoot me over what this looks like, who it was from, and the support number? It could be possibly from something unrelated.

I imagine they've got sooo many emails since then that the confirmation system stopped working and they simply are not planning to hit back on anyone at least before GDC ends.
                    No kidding, the whole internet was talking about this, there must be hundreds of thousands of submissions mainly from people that do not use Unreal Engine at all and are simply trying to hit jackpot.
                    We haven't been able to reach out to anyone quite yet and don't have any plans to do so until post GDC. Rest assured though, the processes are being put in place to better communicate with everyone

This isn't really of a concern of ours, especially since people typically have more than one email address, and chasing down which is associated with their account isn't aways the easiest thing. Also, the grants can even be for Unreal Engine related items like trainings, curriculum, or other non-digital products built in engine

I know they might have received lot of mails. But a simple mail confirmation (or automatic message) would be appreciated. This might avoid wondering is any spam filter have trash the mails.

We completely agree! It's part of our plan post GDC. We we're really excited about launching the program and didn't want to make people wait to apply for some of those systems to be put in place.

...focus on doing this DevGrant program is to boost the ratio of projects being shipped. Thus they want to make sure that every potential success UE4 has under its belts won't be buried because of lack of investment...
                    Unreal Dev Grants is one of our ways to give back to the excellent Unreal development community, and helping those that may need just a little help in shipping is only part of the possibility. Many types of submissions that are eligible for grants wont ever be a shipped title, such as those non-game applications mentioned in the "WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR" section, as they're not a product
                    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                        This should not be happening, Bruno. Can you shoot me over what this looks like, who it was from, and the support number? It could be possibly from something unrelated.
                        Sure! Don't mind my assumptions; I love making assumptions, that's how my brain process things

And the email I've got was something like this:

[Request received] (email title)

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
                        Your request (50756) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. You will be contacted within 24-48 hours.
                        To add additional comments, reply to this email.
                        -----
                        With that I knew that someone might've got my email so I was in peace.
                        I think that automated answer is not supposed to be 'that kind' of answer so you've disabled it

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                          Sure! Don't mind my assumptions; I love making assumptions, that's how my brain process things

And the email I've got was something like this:

With that I knew that someone might've got my email so I was in peace.
                          I think that automated answer is not supposed to be 'that kind' of answer so you've disabled it
                          This seems like a response for when someone sends to - Are you sure it came from the dev grants email?

Edit: Removed the bad email - it doesn't exist :|
                          Last edited by Ivey; 02-27-2015, 08:55 PM.
                          Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

This seems like a response for when someone sends to support@unrealengine.com. - Are you sure it came from the dev grants email?
                            Yes, email was sent to unrealgrants@epicgames.com, not the support one; and that reply came as from "Epic Games".

Comment

Hey All, chiming in to answer some questions

We're still working through the response process - rest assured, we're receiving everyone's applications

We haven't been able to reach out to anyone quite yet and don't have any plans to do so until post GDC. Rest assured though, the processes are being put in place to better communicate with everyone

This isn't really of a concern of ours, especially since people typically have more than one email address, and chasing down which is associated with their account isn't aways the easiest thing. Also, the grants can even be for Unreal Engine related items like trainings, curriculum, or other non-digital products built in engine

We completely agree! It's part of our plan post GDC. We we're really excited about launching the program and didn't want to make people wait to apply for some of those systems to be put in place.

Unreal Dev Grants is one of our ways to give back to the excellent Unreal development community, and helping those that may need just a little help in shipping is only part of the possibility. Many types of submissions that are eligible for grants wont ever be a shipped title, such as those non-game applications mentioned in the "WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR" section, as they're not a product
                              I thought the first round of people getting the grant was going to be announced at GDC / GDC-time? That's what was said in the last stream wasn't it?
                              KITATUS
                              "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Thanks for the answers Chance! Looking forward to hearing back from you guys! =)

Comment

Working...
                                X