Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should really really send a demo, IMHO. We uploaded it to our own website when we submitted, and we also provided videos etc but Epic clearly states that demos are the best thing you can give.
    Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

If you're referring to the line about working prototypes in the original post, that's in regards to the project's status. Epic prefers the submission to be in a working prototype stage as opposed to idea/design doc.

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Thanks Jon and Gwenn.

I guess I got to get a decent video up to entice them to download my demo. To be honest, it probably looks better in the video compared to in the VR demo due to VR limitations.
        It's more fun and the mechanics makes more sense in the VR demo though. I mean it's difficult to make a statement like "it's a comfortable VR game / doesn't induce motion sickness etc" with a vid alone.

I was hoping Epic Games would provide a way to upload the demo directly to them, maybe after looking through videos if they were concerned about spam. I initially thought this was the case instead of providing a link to a downloadable demo, so I was almost going to send a submission without uploading one.
        Last edited by Klexian; 09-30-2015, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Well sending a demo may not be required but you are competing against hundreds of projects that will provide one anyway. Unless your video is really good at showcasing how great your game is, the demo is still the best way to communicate. I think VR makes this even more so, because you can't evaluate VR in a video.

I don't think Epic provides any more guidance than "send us an email" so it's up to you to do your best at communicating.

Comment

Fantastic (sarcasm). I desperately need a new PC so i can continue the game and im pretty ******* poor, so im literally stuck in the early dev faze right now. But i guess i'll try contests for the new PC Parts. And then maybe crowdfunding for some of the other stuff. And even those have proved hopeless so far. Ughh.

Comment

Hello Epic Games,

Myy name is Matt, and I'm a Co-founder of Epoch Games, along with two others. We are former modders of the Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (total conversion modification for Skyrim), and we are currently developing a single-player, open-world low-fantasy medieval RPG called The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO) in Unreal Editor.

Our IndieDb Page
              Our website

I have a few questions I'd like to ask regarding the UE4 Grants that I would like to ask you guys over at Epic:
              1. What is the current status of the grants being offered? Are there any deadlines for grant entry? How much the original $5 million still left?
              2. What are you looking for in these entries? Would screenshots, concept art, animation videos and an explanation of our game we're creating enough? Or are you looking for a full-fledged gameplay video, or even a full demo?
              3. Would you be interested in a story summary of what we plan for this game? Story is a major focus for the game that we're creating?

- Matt, Co-founder of Epoch Games
              Last edited by names_are_useless; 10-23-2015, 10:04 PM.
              Matthew Norman, Co-Founder and Co-Leader of Epoch Games
              The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order - Website
              The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order - IndieDb Page

Comment

Greetings,

We just wanted to leave a message here telling you how thankful we are for the opportunity to submit an application for this grant. We have been very excited since we started working in UE4 shortly after it went public and seeing it grow and develop as well as being part of a generally positive and passionate community has been great. Our premier title Memories of Aeldaria hits Kickstarter in the next few days! We are quite proud to be among other UE4 developers and can't wait to see what the future holds. We know there are many other developers just like us hoping to be one of the lucky few, so best of luck to everyone!

Thanks,
                Alexander Kino Beeler
                Director, Grand Arc Designs

Comment

Hey Guys.

We have submitted our game The Prison Game to Unreal Dev Grants.

For more info;

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...218#post412218

Our links are;
                  Blog: http://theprisongame.com/
                  Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2g...gggdy7QJ0sFonw
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/theprisongame
                  Last edited by Quaso; 11-02-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Still possible to apply for Dev Grant? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by reok View Post
                      Still possible to apply for Dev Grant? Just curious.
                      Yes you can.
                      Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
                      Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
                      Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
                      Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
                      Digital Portfolio

Comment

I don't understand why ppl are still posting links and videos and images, flooding the post when you're supposed to send that stuff to the email only.
                        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

As a follow-up, it's been 4 months since we applied and our demo was never downloaded. So either UDG is really long, or they don't download demos unless the description is really really interesting.

Comment

I don't think its that. I sent my submission around the same time, and my video links still haven't been clicked. I believe its due to the large amount of submissions they are getting. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Comment

Any news on whether they'll be another round of grants announced before christmas? Been a while since the last batch towards games

Comment

Working...
                                X