Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright so.. Sent an application containing my super awesome amazing mind=blowen project ready to rock Epic's World. Waiting to hear the news of the earth quake it's gonna cause when Chance checks it out :P
    Twitter - EyeOfScar

Comment

great:This is a good news

Comment

just for the record... again:
        3 months since our application, no GDD or APk downloaded.

Comment

Chiiilll Angel; It took a while to get to me and I applied the first day (Pre-GDC) and only got a response a few weeks / a month or so ago. Have patience; They take the Dev Grants VERY seriously
          KITATUS
          "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

In terms of a prototype, how far along must it be. For example if I have most of my basic elements in a working prototype, but still needs some features, should those features be present during the application process? I am still working on some weapons, but my biggest challenge will be a real time scan that will tell you about the environment. Yet I am not ready to show this feature off yet. Or is it possible to create a small level that could show off what I have done so far and at least a feel of the game? Please let me know. Thanks Epic!!!

Comment

hey unreal engine team.....

A project......A couple of days Will be checked!!!
              https://www.instagram.com/hbbrothers/

Comment

Well, we lost hope long time ago about Unreal Dev Grants.

"The rotten god" was submitted to the program (April 10)... no word.

We can suppose that Epic don't approve this kind of games or maybe our project has not enough quality.

Eleven people, no money, no resources, no place... No one of us worked never in videogames but, we expend 2 years and half in order to do this.
                And nothing is going to stop us!

If You want to do something, just do it!

But anyway thank you Epic, ue4 is amazing!

The Rotten God, it will be presented at "Madrid Games Week".

http://www.madridgamesweek.com/en/
                https://es.linkedin.com/in/albertocerdaestarelles
                Senior Front-end Developer

Comment

Originally posted by alberto View Post
                  We can suppose that Epic don't approve this kind of games or maybe our project has not enough quality.
                  I don't know what exactly you submitted, but it should definitely be more than this video. It's just to short to get an idea about what potential is in your game.

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
                  Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by SchnitzelDude View Post
                    I don't know what exactly you submitted, but it should definitely be more than this video. It's just to short to get an idea about what potential is in your game.
                    Well, this is all more or less, now this is outdated of course...
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...urvival-horror

We've improved a lot of things since a few months ago as You can see ...
                    https://es.linkedin.com/in/albertocerdaestarelles
                    Senior Front-end Developer

Comment

Any suggestions of an optimal way of making a submission?

My planned submission format:
                      - One liner summary of the game
                      - Short description of the game
                      - Link to full description in word format (maybe to a blog or site with pictures would be preferable but my time goes towards development instead)
                      - Links to screenshot and demo video
                      - Link to working demo download: it's going to be a huge file so I'm not sure it's a good idea to upload it if it never gets downloaded. Is dropbox, box or googledrive preferred upload sites where I can have all the files in the same location? The demo is actually quite important since it's a VR game made using UE4.

Would appreciate any input. Also, should one include both planned scope of development (at release) and also "possible" future developments in the full description?

Comment

Would up to 2 weeks be long enough to get a reply (if im even that lucky at all) or nah?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha Arts View Post
                          Would up to 2 weeks be long enough to get a reply (if im even that lucky at all) or nah?
                          Due to the large amount of submissions, Epic is unable to reply to each individual. They will reach out to you if you are chosen it seems. Or perhaps you find out at the announcement, Kitatus might be able to answer that one for you. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha Arts View Post
                            Really, you shouldn't hope for a reply.

It takes maybe 3/4 months for Epic to just get to your submission, let alone review it. And it looks like every UE4 project is being submitted, so maybe 0.1% will be selected, those who are not don't get a reply.

Like I suggested earlier, I think the best way to handle that is create your game, send a playable demo to Epic, and keep making it. Forget about it. Maybe you will be surprised later.
                            Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

Originally posted by Gwenn View Post
                              Really, you shouldn't hope for a reply.

It takes maybe 3/4 months for Epic to just get to your submission, let alone review it. And it looks like every UE4 project is being submitted, so maybe 0.1% will be selected, those who are not don't get a reply.

Like I suggested earlier, I think the best way to handle that is create your game, send a playable demo to Epic, and keep making it. Forget about it. Maybe you will be surprised later.
                              Hi Gwenn, what's the best way to send a playable demo to Epic games?

1) Upload the 10 gb game on ???
                              2) Use the form on developer grant page
                              3) Wait

Am I missing something? With wait times that are many months long, I wouldn't like to find out I did something wrong and resubmit again to wait another few months. Thanks!

Comment

Hey Klexian, it might be better to show a gameplay video of your project rather than send a 10gb file. Try to highlight areas that set your game apart and make it special. Then link to it in the submission form on the grant page. Also use bit.ly to conserve space, because every character counts. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Working...
                                X