Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing Unreal Dev Grants

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Alright, my project will be ready for application in 3 months. It will be too late then? ^^ Hope the budget pool won't be drained really fast.
    Last edited by sarfios; 02-23-2015, 02:45 PM.

    Comment


      #17
      Is there a deadline for submission? We're working on something and should have a prototype ready in about 3 weeks. Is it OK or should I rather sent something we have now?
      Proud member of iNFINITE Production - VR and hi-tech development studio (sometimes) available for hire.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by ENiKS View Post
        Is there a deadline for submission? We're working on something and should have a prototype ready in about 3 weeks. Is it OK or should I rather sent something we have now?
        No deadline
        Let's Connect [Twitter]

        Comment


          #19
          This kind of initiative is just amazing, as if the engine itself wasn't enough as it is right now.

          Great work guys

          Comment


            #20
            For a project that mostly needs art resources, how far along should it be? I know "working prototype" is mentioned, I'm just wondering how far along it needs to be? Is it enough if the general idea of the game and gameplay is apparent, or should it be basically full-beta minus assets?
            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

            Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
              For a project that mostly needs art resources, how far along should it be? I know "working prototype" is mentioned, I'm just wondering how far along it needs to be? Is it enough if the general idea of the game and gameplay is apparent, or should it be basically full-beta minus assets?
              This was answered in the Stream: As long as the unique, wow-factor shines through, it doesn't matter. It could be a prototype or ready for release, But as long as it's got that "Oh my, What an awesome project!" vibe, then it should do just fine
              KITATUS
              "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

              Comment


                #22
                My current U4 project is all dandy with everything but programming. But Blue-prints are much easier for me than c++. Its a great idea to have this system EPIC! Kudos, only just found out about it.

                I wish this was around when i went through 2 crowd funding campaigns and ended up making an entire game by myself in UDK. My current project in U4 is coming along awesome, but I am not lucky enough to get even 1 dollar towards my project. After using unreal 2 editor for years, then UDK for years with no - little help, Now into U4 with no help, I think I am destined release my games with blood and sweat But some funding would go a long way for polish and marketing
                My Marketplace Items

                My Website

                My Unreal Games

                Comment


                  #23
                  Now, that's what I call a partnership!

                  One question though.

                  For submission is it acceptable to use Epic content or assets purchased on marketplace to make the prototype feel like a more complete product?

                  Cheers!
                  Tutorials: Pseudo realistic sand accumulation material | Creating outline effect around objects
                  Links: Github | Twitter

                  Comment


                    #24
                    @Kitasus - Awesome, good to know! Thanks.
                    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

                    Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

                    Comment


                      #25
                      So I have a question about the Dev Grants: I would like to know if the 5.000 USD are the minimum or if it could be lower? Say I only apply for 500-1000 USD because this is what is needed, would this disqualify the project/idea/etc.?
                      Guido Lein
                      Technical Artist - LeFx www.lefx.de

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by LeFxGuy View Post
                        So I have a question about the Dev Grants: I would like to know if the 5.000 USD are the minimum or if it could be lower? Say I only apply for 500-1000 USD because this is what is needed, would this disqualify the project/idea/etc.?
                        Most grants will be in the $5000-$50,000 range, but we would definitely consider other amounts for efforts that were really cool but very small in scope.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by LeFxGuy View Post
                          So I have a question about the Dev Grants: I would like to know if the 5.000 USD are the minimum or if it could be lower? Say I only apply for 500-1000 USD because this is what is needed, would this disqualify the project/idea/etc.?
                          Originally posted by Tim Sweeney View Post
                          Most grants will be in the $5000-$50,000 range, but we would definitely consider other amounts for efforts that were really cool but very small in scope.
                          That is good news for us as the grant we applied for our plugin we asked for between $2,500 to $5,000, though honestly $5,000 is probably a bit overkill and we only offered a range between the two prices in our proposal due to that very question asked above.
                          Regards,
                          Benjamin D. Smith

                          Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
                          Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

                          Comment


                            #28
                            This is just awesome! Do you will post rough guidelines on the submission itself? For example, how should I submit a working prototype, is it ok to give you just access to a private FTP?

                            I guess less text and more cookies is quite more attractive
                            Sr. Engine Programmer @ www.playspace.com - moritzwundke.com
                            Remember: be polite and respect other peoples opinions - Join the Unofficial Unreal Discord Channel - Found a bug? Then use the Bug Report Form to get it fixed ^^

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Edit: Never mind.
                              Last edited by SE_JonF; 02-27-2015, 12:05 AM.


                              Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Should be 100k.. 'cause of reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


                                | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X