This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by btengelh View Post
    Did you get any confirmation email? We submitted back in april, got a confirmation mail. Though, server logs says: nothing has been downloaded yet.
    I submitted my entry on April 7th, never got a confirmation email. Should i be worried ? It seems there are a metric butt ton of applicants.
    Youtube
    Machine Learning C++ Plugin
    Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
      I submitted my entry on April 7th, never got a confirmation email. Should i be worried ? It seems there are a metric butt ton of applicants.
      how many libraries of congress would that be?

well, yes, you should be worried, i guess? there was a mixup with email adresses. go check where you sent it to. we sent it to unrealdevgrants@epicgames.com and we got a confirmation email from a zendesk system with a tracking number.
      Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
      Hands for VR - Space HDRI [Marketplace]

Comment

with a tracking number
        It is interesting. There is no tracking number in my confirmation email )))

Comment

I don't have tracking number as well. Maybe tracking number feature was added couple of weeks ago. Will email again in couple of weeks.
          How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

yes we get a confirmation email, and there isn't any track number ... we send the submission in the form page, not in the email,

Comment

well, maybe someone from Epic can shed some light... it seems like new submissions only go through the web form. there's no email address mentioned anymore.
              what about the old emails? what about mails that got a tracking number reply? what about those mails that didn't? should people just resubmit via the web form?
              Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
              Hands for VR - Space HDRI [Marketplace]

Comment

Hi Epic,
                a little doubt about the "grant funds", after a publish the project and start to sell the project, i until need to pay the royalties of 5% per quarter? how did how this part?
                is any contract or proposal to do the project ?

regards
                Ricardo Walter

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo Walter View Post
                  Hi Epic,
                  a little doubt about the "grant funds", after a publish the project and start to sell the project, i until need to pay the royalties of 5% per quarter? how did how this part?
                  is any contract or proposal to do the project ?

regards
                  Ricardo Walter
                  Prize money is exempt from royalties*. Additional revenue you make after the project is sold would have royalties (assuming you cross the $3000/quarter threshold) due but nothing would ever be due on the grant.

Cheers,
                  Michael Noland

* In the EULA (https://www.unrealengine.com/eula), under "However, no royalty is owed on the following forms of revenue:", bullet point 6 is " Financial winnings generated by awards for the Product; "

Comment

Asking Epic to give feedback is naive and anyone reasonable would see that feedback would increase the queue time immensely.

If your project's future solely depends on getting a grant from Epic, you started in the wrong direction. Apply for a grant, do not count on getting a grant. Continue working on your project and use the grant to speed up the development process and refine the final product. Don't let your project fall because you never got a reply from Epic, that is simply not a reality.

Comment

Edit:no need for that now
                      Last edited by mike950; 07-16-2015, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Hey all, I wanted to clear up some of the confusion regarding tracking numbers -

A number of submissions shortly after GDC received our customer service response with a tracking number. This was the bug that I mentioned here, and should be ignored. If you didn't get a tracking number on yours, rest assured! It's in the queue and the team will get to them as we can We're always going to be a little behind unfortunately, but we're catching up!

Now to some questions!

what about the old emails?
                        The email address was set up as a quick solution for us to start taking applications. We had always planned to have a form, but didn't prioritize getting it up before launch. Now we've changed it over.

what about mails that got a tracking number reply?
                        These are the ones mentioned above. We still received the submission, but the applicants in a short timeframe got a confusing response. It didn't impact anything on our end though!

what about those mails that didn't?
                        All submissions past a time shortly after GDC should have received the response mentioned in the link above.

should people just resubmit via the web form?
                        I'd encourage any project that has made significant project since the last submission to resubmit for us to take a look at. Not from a technical or clerical perspective on our end, but so we have the latest info about your project!

I'm curious if there are that many great qualifying projects how do you choose among them?
                        The program is based on merit. We're looking for outstanding things being done with the Unreal Engine and outstanding developers doing them! We don't necessarily draw comparisons - if 50 projects blow our minds, 50 projects get grants.

Do you look at every project that comes in?
                        Yep! All qualifying projects get discussed with a number of staff here at Epic HQ.

Do you look at them in the order they are received?
                        In nearly all cases. There have been a few that have been held off per the submitter's request, or when we've had to reach out for more information on a potential recipient, but the normal workflow for us is to go in the order they're received.

Hope that helps everyone! Keep sending over your awesome work
                        Last edited by Ivey; 07-16-2015, 06:49 PM. Reason: typo
                        Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

About
                          Project Genom is a sci-fi MMORPG with no-target combat system, developed
                          using Unreal Engine 4. Gameplay includes leveling up characters and
                          exploring space.

Development stage
                          The game is currently in closed alpha testing. (yes, we have working build)

Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=476757944

We are indie team (9 developers). We are working on own money without the publisher or investor. We send grant application, and will be gratefull for any answer.
                          Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by PGenom View Post
                            About
                            Project Genom is a sci-fi MMORPG with no-target combat system, developed
                            using Unreal Engine 4. Gameplay includes leveling up characters and
                            exploring space.

Development stage
                            The game is currently in closed alpha testing. (yes, we have working build)

Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=476757944

We are indie team (9 developers). We are working on own money without the publisher or investor. We send grant application, and will be gratefull for any answer.
                            Thanks all.
                            Thank You, to all 9 of you. Looking forward for this.

Marketplace Link: https://goo.gl/GGdV9m
                            twitter.com/tzenku | tzenku.com

Comment

Cool project!!!

Comment

How is the amount of grant money given determined? For example what would be the determining factors on a game getting the maximum and minimum?
                                Having those 2 endpoints would be very useful.
                                Oh and also do you ask for a specific amount of money when applying? (I can't believe that's not a FAQ btw)
                                Last edited by mike950; 07-18-2015, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X