This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry by suggest this again...

@Chance, what about you sneak upstairs and get an spoil to us about where the evaluation team is on the stack*?
    *Actual application sent date.

Three months waiting for at least a video view count increase on youtube... Starting to think that not even my E-Mail subject was interesting enough. LOL
    VIDA - U4 Indie Goth Horror Game
    Project Thread

Comment

Very good idea!!!

Comment

There is a silence in this topic and only grim Reaper stays here. Nobody tells, nobody moves. And we just wait for something.

Comment

My buddy and i just decided to put what we have on github, since we don't have the resources to polish it up. We'll throw up a donations link or something.

Comment

It would be great if you guys could tell us more info regarding when WE will get notified. Also, the estimated time it would take to get notified if we submitted a project today.

Comment

Yes. Idea is good. We'd like to know some information about a position of our game in stack of review. We are dying of waiting for some good or not good information )))

Comment

If you have a game in the prototype phase, do you have to submit the prototype or can you just link videos of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMeff View Post
                  If you have a game in the prototype phase, do you have to submit the prototype or can you just link videos of the game?
                  I think a link to videos would be preferred; as long as the video is of the prototype using UE4.

Cheers,
                  Michael Noland

Comment

Hey everyone I wanted to hop in and let y'all know how things are going on our end.

We're still rolling through the submissions as they come in, though there will always be a little lag from when you submit until it's reviewed. We've had a few go out that we aren't at liberty to discuss publicly, and should have some more on their way in the coming week or so Also, I wanted to remind everyone that we'll only be notifying applicants when we need more information and plan to move forward in the review process. If you submitted a while back and have had significant updates to your project, feel free to submit again with your progress! It's always awesome to see how far projects can come in such a short time.

We're glad that there's been so much (so many submissions! ) interest in the program, and we can't wait to share the latest fantastic projects that will be the next grants recipients.
                    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Wasn't originally planned to give people some kind of feedback on what they have to improve if they don't get accepted? I myself have not submitted my game, but if I would I really would like to know where's the problem and what's the reason for you to not accept it. I know you probably get a lot of submissions which are not even a prototype or just games created in one or two days, but you could just ignore these and give feedback to the ones who are good, but just not good enough to receive a dev grant
                      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, John. Unfortunately, providing feedback to even a fraction of the applications is something we can commit to due to the very large number of great, qualifying projects that come in. We wish that we the bandwidth to provide meaningful responses to all that qualify, it's just not feasible given the number of submissions. We knew this would be the case when launching the program due to seeing new, awesome projects pretty much every day from the forums, reddit, twitter, etc. and have tried to be as explicit as we could be about it from the get go. We hope everyone understands the situation!

Thanks again.
                        Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

@Chance

No time for feedback is understandable. But any chance you'd consider setting up a webpage comprised of email-reference-numbers and a application status i.e. Denied / Approved / Awaiting more info etc, like Embassy's do regarding Visa applications. As it stands, the app process is quite cruel. (Note, I'm just an observer, not a submitter.......)

That is unless I can get someone at Epic seriously drunk and have the requirements changed to include porting of UDK-projects...[hint hint]
                          Last edited by ClavosTech; 07-13-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

just for the records.

We submit our game the 25 of june, at this point the PDF with details hasn't been downloaded and the apk prototype neither.
                            so:

option 1, the most probably, too many applications, so two weeks aren't enough for getting a review.

option 2, (based only in my imagination) they only give a quick read to the submit form and discard.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel View Post
                              We submit our game the 25 of june
                              Did you get any confirmation email? We submitted back in april, got a confirmation mail. Though, server logs says: nothing has been downloaded yet.
                              Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
                              Hands for VR - Space HDRI [Marketplace]

Comment

I'm curious if there are that many great qualifying projects how do you choose among them?
                                Do you look at every project that comes in? It seems some haven't been looked at. Do you look at them in the order they are received?

Comment

Working...
                                X