This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyro - Puzzle Adventure

Tyro started as a simple idea which we came up with at Global Game Jam 2015. We decided to continue working on the game and we've put a few months into development to complete the demo. This is our product so far!

Everyone is welcome to play our demo by going to our webpage:

thedefystudio.com

Please note that the game hasn't been fully optimized *YET*.

On a side note - Win AND Mac alike! We would love to hear your feedback/bug reports as well.
    Website - TheDEFYstudio.com

Facebook - DEFY Facebook!

Twitter - DEFY Twitter!

Youtube - DEFY YouTube!

Comment

Here is the trailer that I submitted along with some details:

I received an immediate automated confirmation that the email was received. Looking forward to hopefully hearing something back from them.
      Last edited by chamsFPS; 04-21-2015, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Some list with all awarded games would be nice.
        Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

Comment

Hey everyone we were nervous about sending in our application but we finally got it sent. We have a pre-alpha available for download and we are on steam trying to get greenlit (and nearly there) and we are on kickstarter as well trying to get funded.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...he-death-games

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=425276632

Thanks and good luck to everyone !

Comment

Has anyone received a notification of any kind that their project wasn't selected? I'm still curious how we are supposed to know if we need to resubmit?

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
              Has anyone received a notification of any kind that their project wasn't selected? I'm still curious how we are supposed to know if we need to resubmit?
              Hey man! Good to hear from you Just to give a little insight to where things stand - we're nearly through the pre-GDC/GDC timeframe applicants that did not receive an auto-response from Epic, but it's unlikely that we'll be able to follow up with everyone from that range of time due to the sheer volume of submissions that rolled through around the time we launched. We're stoked that the program has had such popularity with the community and wish we could give everyone a meaningful response, it's just not something that's feasible for us to do, unfortunately...

You might be wondering: Why so long to review? I'll try to shed a little light on the situation there - When we launched, we probably weren't explicit enough on what the qualifications for Unreal Dev Grants were and had no F.A.Q.s for developers to refer to, resulting in a lot of applications that were outside of the bounds of what we could accept as a valid candidate. For us, this made for quite a lot of reading and research into hundreds of submissions that aren't built in Unreal Engine 4 or are simply just an idea with no working prototype / anything built. The introduction of the F.A.Q.s and having more open discussions about the Unreal Dev Grants has led to a reasonable drop in the number of ineligible submissions. These are things we should have had at the launch of the program but were so eager to share it with everyone as soon as we could. Moving forward, turn-around will be significantly quicker.

I'd certainly encourage anyone who submitted during those couple weeks and has made progress on their projects to submit again, as we're catching up as soon as we can!

Hope that helps, SE_JonF!

BTW: Good luck with the sale amigo! Tell Texas I say hello

Chance
              Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
                Some list with all awarded games would be nice.

We're actually working on that for the website! For now, you can head to www.unrealengine.com where you can see the winners in the blog roll.

I'll let everyone know when the web gets updated
                Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                  Hey man! Good to hear from you Just to give a little insight to where things stand - we're nearly through the pre-GDC/GDC timeframe applicants that did not receive an auto-response from Epic, but it's unlikely that we'll be able to follow up with everyone from that range of time due to the sheer volume of submissions that rolled through around the time we launched. We're stoked that the program has had such popularity with the community and wish we could give everyone a meaningful response, it's just not something that's feasible for us to do, unfortunately...

You might be wondering: Why so long to review? I'll try to shed a little light on the situation there - When we launched, we probably weren't explicit enough on what the qualifications for Unreal Dev Grants were and had no F.A.Q.s for developers to refer to, resulting in a lot of applications that were outside of the bounds of what we could accept as a valid candidate. For us, this made for quite a lot of reading and research into hundreds of submissions that aren't built in Unreal Engine 4 or are simply just an idea with no working prototype / anything built. The introduction of the F.A.Q.s and having more open discussions about the Unreal Dev Grants has led to a reasonable drop in the number of ineligible submissions. These are things we should have had at the launch of the program but were so eager to share it with everyone as soon as we could. Moving forward, turn-around will be significantly quicker.

I'd certainly encourage anyone who submitted during those couple weeks and has made progress on their projects to submit again, as we're catching up as soon as we can!

Hope that helps, SE_JonF!

BTW: Good luck with the sale amigo! Tell Texas I say hello

Chance
                  Hey Chance, likewise! =) My submission is in that period, so fingers crossed. =P Since you guys aren't able to contact people individually due to the volume of submissions, do you think it would be possible to include in the award announcements a date that you have reviewed up to? i.e. "all submissions up to 2/26/15 have been reviewed". That way those submitted by that date and weren't picked could know, and then evaluate how to improve for their next submission attempt. Just a thought, if it were something you guys might consider doing.

And thanks, will do! =P

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

(...) or are simply just an idea with no working prototype (...)
                    Chance
                    My case, should i keep waiting patiently for the answer?
                    http://davidboura.deviantart.com/gallery/
                    https://soundcloud.com/davidboura

Comment

we're nearly through the pre-GDC/GDC timeframe applicants that did not receive an auto-response from Epic, but it's unlikely that we'll be able to follow up with everyone from that range of time due to the sheer volume of submissions that rolled through around the time we launched.
                      Thanks for the info, Chance. I have submitted after GDC and now I know my submission simply hadn't been looked at yet - this is good to know! Keep up the great work! (but work faster )
                      VR Shooter Guns - Arcade Shooter for Vive
                      Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
                      Hands for VR: Basic - For Vive and Oculus [Marketplace]
                      Hands for VR: SciFi - For HTC Vive and Oculus Touch [Marketplace]

Comment

Originally posted by David Boura View Post
                        My case, should i keep waiting patiently for the answer?
                        Hey David Boura! Projects have to be to at least at the prototype phase and in Unreal Engine 4 for consideration. If yours doesn't meet those criteria, then we'd encourage you to submit again once you've got something together
                        Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Thanks for the information Chance ! If I may, then as a suggestion some information about which batch of applications you are working on will help alleviate some of the anxiety of the applicants. For example, you could have periodic updates somewhere on the website of the form : Now looking at applications submitted between a-b days of month x. Just an idea, not sure if it is feasible or not Anyhow keep up the good work !

Comment

My proyect.

Blade Runner - Unreal Engine 4:

Traffic - Unreal Engine 4:

------------------------- Ingame Alpha ------------------

---------------------------------------
                            Excalibur - Unreal Engine 4:

------------------------- A Clockwork Orange - Unreal Engine 4----------

Last edited by Rincenwing; 04-30-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Please put this stuff in a seperate work in progress thread, and epic, please add spoiler tags
                              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                                Please put this stuff in a seperate work in progress thread, and epic, please add spoiler tags
                                +1 Agree with John...
                                While its always nice to see quality Lambos, you're probably not going to make many friends this way.
                                (Still, wish we had a range of player-driveable Lambos on the marketplace right now...)
                                Last edited by ClavosTech; 04-30-2015, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X